It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Coverage Of The Virginia Gun Rights Rally Starts At 8 AM

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

That, sir, was well said.

Salute.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Repeal the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: olaru12

Rhetorical?

You can still answer it. I did.

I think I would feel a bit uncomfortable with any minority marching with firearms. I'm uncomfortable watching the masked white guys marching with weapons. I'm pro 2nd but curious as to the outcome with this demonstration. Will the govt. be intimidated? That's the purpose of the demonstration.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What was the purpose of assembling at Lexington and Concord?

I am not talking about the outcome, but why did they bother assembling there in the first place?

PS - One of the first to fall at Lexington and Concord was an armed black man. So people of color have been marching for their rights even as long as that.

edit on 20-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Lol.

You understand that we only have the Constitution as the ruling body due to the Bill of Rights including the Second was the concession to have the unanimous abandonment of the Articles of Confederation. Now if you wish to dismiss the Constitution and re-adopt The Articles of Confederation...I’m completely down with it.

Careful what you wish for though...

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ummm...why is it...that I feel extremely comfortable...around a group of citizens open carrying/concealed carrying...

Extremely comfortable...at home comfortable...?

Those patriots bring the pride...wish I was there...

YouSir

How comfortable would you feel if it was a group of black males with marching with firearms? Would they be thugs or patriots?

Ummm...I would also add...that no...I don't think of you as a racist for having made the above remark...

Perhaps...rather...you merely chose your words poorly...or wanted to gauge my reaction and my response...

I also wanted to add...I wasn't offended...I don't habitually seek offence...and I consider you a friend with valid thoughts/opinions...so not trying to slam you...

Perhaps...in the end...it was a very valid question...to which the only response...from my character...to yours...was the way I chose to respond...and the intent of my answer to you...

We don't always have to step left...or right...sometimes forward is the only realistic direction...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I believe the purpose of the demonstration is to prove law abiding citizens can own ar15s without any problems , and no-one being out of control.

No-one is losing their cool, no-one is screaming and foaming at the mouth.

It's proving just because you own a firearm that's aesthetically scary to some people, doesn't mean your a psycho that cant be trusted to own it without anyone's approval or licensing.

And that's exactly why the media and dems are terrified of it getting any optics at all.

It proves we aren't out of control, blood thirsty lunatics. We just enjoy sporting firearms.

Oh, and it's a reminder that we don't need , and won't accept licenses for our rights.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I don't think that will happen to a multi billion USD Industry that is taxed. The government is actually the largest customer of firearms both large and small.

www.state.gov...

www.reuters.com...

edit on 20-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jan 20 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB CODE

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Wouldnt it be easier for you to move somewhere that doesn't have firearms rights for its citizens.

If you believe that strongly, why should a whole country lose its rights because you don't like firearms?

That's kind of rude.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I think I would feel a bit uncomfortable with any minority marching with firearms. I'm uncomfortable watching the masked white guys marching with weapons. I'm pro 2nd but curious as to the outcome with this demonstration.

Will the govt. be intimidated? That's the purpose of the demonstration.

government intimidated ????

contrary to your opinion.... the March/Gathering purpose is to show that a gun carrying group is not a threat...and is not meant as a show-of-force (intimidation)

the peaceful demonstrators are sending a message that their numbers represent Only the gun owners that were able & willing to come together & thats' likely only 15% of the gun owners as a voting Bloc...

the other 85% couldn't make the VA rally site in person for any number of reasons

ETA: on the sarcastic side, lets be mindful that the calm & respectful gun toters gathered together in a peaceful manner on MLK Day... it might happen that a rogue, misplaced pistol or rifle might suddenly go berserk and start shooting as the anti-gun advocates insist---

because to them -->> guns kill people instead of People Killing People with Guns
edit on th31157954779320162020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If it gives the govt. pause, then it's a success.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No.

It is a right.

You want to remove a right.

That type of thinking is fascist.

So, no.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Why?

So you can feel safe from my dangerous firearms?? Notice I didn't say safe from me...as I constitute no threat to you in the slightest.

Why so keen on denying me one of my god-given rights?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

I believe the purpose of the demonstration is to prove law abiding citizens can own ar15s without any problems , and no-one being out of control.

No-one is losing their cool, no-one is screaming and foaming at the mouth.

It's proving just because you own a firearm that's aesthetically scary to some people, doesn't mean your a psycho that cant be trusted to own it without anyone's approval or licensing.

And that's exactly why the media and dems are terrified of it getting any optics at all.

It proves we aren't out of control, blood thirsty lunatics. We just enjoy sporting firearms.

Oh, and it's a reminder that we don't need , and won't accept licenses for our rights.

Ummm...very well spoken...and an astute analysis...

I would question that if one isn't willing to champion their rights...and surrenders to incrementalism...then perhaps they never really understood that it was they...who was the guarantor of their rights...not the government...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Or you could move to a country with more "muh precious mummy goberment".

Or live in one of those cities that have laws on what things you can possess, if you can buy single cigarettes, or how big your soft drink can be. But please don't force that on the rest of us who don't want to live in a "muh goberment" country, or a mommy city.

Some of us see bears in our yards from time to time.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Exactly.

When a govt. ceases to fear its citizens...that's when tyranny begins. They should be nervous, they should fear us.

A well armed citizenry is the best check against tyranny.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The British press are bummed out that there has been no violence. They remind me of peeps that go to NASCAR races in the hopes.of seeing a wreck.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ummm...stop with the slamming of us..."pasty White guys"...

Actually...after reflecting on Olaru's question...I feel it's a very valid point...

I don't think he...really...secretly wishes some idiot would act out and start spraying bullets into the crowd...

I could be wrong about that...but...why couldn't it be some...ashy Black guy...or pasty White girl...or jaundiced Asian dude...?

Don't stereotypes suck...?

But your probably right...statistically speaking...for the majority...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The British press are bummed out that there has been no violence. They remind me of peeps that go to NASCAR races in the hopes.of seeing a wreck.

no violence is the best outcome for all!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join