It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Coverage Of The Virginia Gun Rights Rally Starts At 8 AM

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The vast majority is against this.

As is the 86 of 95 counties in Virginia.

What bothers me is why all of these residents didn't show up at the polls and make sure these liberals didn't get elected.

My guess is they were at work.

Law says you get time to vote, however try that # with your employer and you'll be laid-off or fired quick.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: links234

We already have background checks in NY and I waited 5 weeks for my concealed carry permit. There are enough gun laws on the books. What business is it of yours how many guns I decide to buy? They're all locked in a safe. Do you give 2 cents about criminals who obtain guns and carry them ILLEGALLY 24/7, while using them in the course of a crime?

Of course not, it doesn't fit his agenda. No anti-gun fanatic has ever been able to answer that question when I've asked them. They know they'll look like an idiot if they try to answer it because they can't.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: terrapincb

I just don't understand the one handgun every 30 days.

What good does that do? In all reality, it will encourage otherwise law abiding citizens to skirt the process.

And we already know a vast majority of those who purchase with the intent to commit a crime don't follow the law to begin with.

The whole thing stinks.

Because they're "doing something". It's all a farce and only stroking their liberal constituents and money sources. I honestly don't understand why people let them get away with this crap all over the country, except for who we see in Virginia right now. Those gun owners finally had enough. We'll see if it helps corral these politicians or now.

Liberal out of state constituents in Northern Virginia who moved to be close to DC.

Very few on the left in VA are anti gun.

Maybe they'd be for more background checks.... But not anti gun.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: terrapincb

I just don't understand the one handgun every 30 days.

What good does that do? In all reality, it will encourage otherwise law abiding citizens to skirt the process.

And we already know a vast majority of those who purchase with the intent to commit a crime don't follow the law to begin with.

The whole thing stinks.

Because they're "doing something". It's all a farce and only stroking their liberal constituents and money sources. I honestly don't understand why people let them get away with this crap all over the country, except for who we see in Virginia right now. Those gun owners finally had enough. We'll see if it helps corral these politicians or now.

Liberal out of state constituents in Northern Virginia who moved to be close to DC.

Very few on the left in VA are anti gun.

Maybe they'd be for more background checks.... But not anti gun.

Even if they required private sales to go through background checks, how many do you think actually would? One could say that even current checks violate the 2nd because not selling to someone based on a background check would be infringing on their God-given right to possess arms.

The conundrum we face is trying to balance a right with safety - it's not possible. You either have a right or you don't, there is no balance obtainable.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

If only the were politicians that were pushing to make Election Day a national holiday. Oh wait! There are! But for some reason the Republicans are opposed to such a thing. You'd think if it would bolster their numbers they'd be all about such a proposal.
edit on 1/20/2020 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Forever alone.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Can we have no voting except with valid ID?

Nope?

Then I guess we don't need a national holiday.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Even if they required private sales to go through background checks, how many do you think actually would?

About as many background checks currently taking place on black market sales to criminals.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've said before that anyone going to a protest should be armed.

Here we have proof that an armed protest is a peaceful protest. When every third person has a rifle, nobody wants to do anything stupid. No milkshakes, no bicycle locks, nobody getting dragged away, you didn't even have people screaming in each other's faces.

Either everyone at the protest was in agreement over the issue, or guns instilled some "common sense" and good manners among the people.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

a reply to: links234

We already have background checks in NY and I waited 5 weeks for my concealed carry permit. There are enough gun laws on the books. What business is it of yours how many guns I decide to buy? They're all locked in a safe. Do you give 2 cents about criminals who obtain guns and carry them ILLEGALLY 24/7, while using them in the course of a crime?

When I decided to move back to NY from VA where I had purchased a 9mm, I decided not to let NY State know that I was back for good. I simply brought my gun with me in its case on the plane when I flew into LGA from CHO (Charlottesville).

The local airport agent looked like he swallowed a bug when I picked it up after my flight.

The local cops - NYPD - had nary an issue with it, as I had applied to bring it with me weeks before and had all the proper permits. The cops barely glanced at it.

I'm sure someone in NY state wasn't happy about it, but hey, not my problem.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Your right to uphold the 2nd Amendment is useless against
the NWO agenda and directed-energy weapons.

I suggest you formulate a better strategy.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
Your right to uphold the 2nd Amendment is useless against
the NWO agenda and directed-energy weapons.

I suggest you formulate a better strategy.

yeah and good luck finding troops to side with thaat one to use those DEW against US citizens under others orders against the constitutional oaths.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Firstly, you've gotta have a target. Only a truly stupid person would be out where he/she can be easily seen and targeted.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

What business is it of yours how many guns I decide to buy?

My business if you decide to start your own black market business for all the folks who shouldn't have guns and carry them across state lines.

How can you not see that is what this is intended to stop? You can buy as many shotguns and rifles you want to buy but O.M.G. limit the number of handguns you buy and suddenly it's time to take to the streets!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

What business is it of yours how many guns I decide to buy?

My business if you decide to start your own black market business for all the folks who shouldn't have guns and carry them across state lines.

How can you not see that is what this is intended to stop? You can buy as many shotguns and rifles you want to buy but O.M.G. limit the number of handguns you buy and suddenly it's time to take to the streets!

But isn't starting that black market business already illegal?

Isn't what you are suggesting is akin to scrapping the First Amendment to try to stop libel and slander? Should we limit the press to reporting only one story a day?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join