It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Coverage Of The Virginia Gun Rights Rally Starts At 8 AM

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

But if the vast majority of the populace is strongly opposed to this like everyone is claiming, won't these types be voted out in the next election and the law will be overturned?

The reason we got to this point in the first place is because of the GOP's extreme lack of inaction following the Virginia Beach shooting despite the people clamoring for something to be done. Now the Dems will hurt their chances for reelection by going too far in the other direction.

It's almost like our Founders knew what they were doing.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: olaru12

Could go either way since the MSM will tell the viewer what they want them to see.

But if they are attacked in the kill cage, most people will be sympathetic to the victims.

There was a small blurb on the local news from Duluth this morning.

They said white nationalists, and extreme right-wing gun activists are planning to protest a common sense approach firearms bill about assualt weapons.
Also said "some" of the counties have declared themselves 2nd amendment sanctuaries.

My jaw was on the floor.

But that's good old progressive Duluth for you.

Bunch of friggin nimrods.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Do you know what West Virginia has cooking?

A bill similar to Missouri in which all past, present and future gun laws that infringe upon the Second are null and void. That means 1934, 1968, 1986...gone in WV. Making machine guns legal again, without the $200 tax stamp requirement. Also unlike MO, there are provisions for federal agents coming into WV to try to enforce those old voided laws.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Just some counties, you know only 95% of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The vast majority is against this.

As is the 86 of 95 counties in Virginia.

As usual, progressives dont care what the majority wants if it doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

Absolute disregard for the citizenry, and the bill of rights.

Not to mention they've once again attempt to define assault weapons, and failed miserably.

Anything with a pistol grip.
Anything with a threaded barrel.
Anything that has a magazine cap of 10 or more.
Folding or collapsible stock.

It goes on and on.

It's all bull#.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Just some counties, you know only 95% of them.

Yeah, I was pissed.

Its cute how they completely misconstrued the facts of whos attending the rally/protest. And then pretend only a small portion of the state isn't behind this.

The wife saw me stop midstride and turn around to turn up the volume. She murmured something like "oh jesus, here we go" knowing something stupid was about to be said. Sure enough after 20 seconds, I was irate, and checked the 3 other channels - same crap.

She just handed me a coffee and went back to making lunches.

We don't really watch the news as all of it comes from duluth, we don't have local coverage where we live.

edit on 20-1-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

And I'm saying that with the immense opposition to these laws along with the politicians pushing them, then there's no reason to believe that either the politicians will scale back on things in order to keep their jobs, or they'll be voted out next election and the law will be overturned.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

And? I don't get how that's relevant to this thread/ related to my post.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Flesh699

Antifa has always been strongly opposed to the establishment Democrats. It's a false narrative that they're done kind of a militant branch of the DNC.

No the majority are just pinko commie bastards who would probably send their own mother to a reeducation camp if she even mentions patriotism or capitalism in a positive light.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This channel has a guy interviewing and walking among the crowd.

Pretty good comments.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Actually the majority are anarchists.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ummm...why is it...that I feel extremely comfortable...around a group of citizens open carrying/concealed carrying...

Extremely comfortable...at home comfortable...?

Those patriots bring the pride...wish I was there...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And I'm saying that with the immense opposition to these laws along with the politicians pushing them, then there's no reason to believe that either the politicians will scale back on things in order to keep their jobs, or they'll be voted out next election and the law will be overturned.

Except the governor already started trying to change the requirements to oust an elected official.

He's making it much harder to get rid of them, knowing damn well the people are tired of him and his ilk.

When 95% of the counties in your state oppose something, it should be #canned.

It's common sense that if you piss off the locals, your going.to have a bad day.

But, progressives double down on stupid every time. They love provoking, cajoling, irritating, inflaming situations and people to try to look morally superior.

It's getting old, and they need to quit.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Updated list of working live streams.

Wearechange

Global News

Ruptly

Pete Santilli

Seb Green

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Adding stricter requirements to the election recall laws means that elections are cancelled in Virginia forever?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I dont believe it's just the recall law. If what I've read recently is correct , it's more than just recalls.

Off the top of my head , i dont remember the exact wording/placement.
I do remember see some shadyness with the way it was proposed, like a slight of hand deal to make it look like just recalls, but in actuality it encompasses more than that.

I'll dig it it up in a bit.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'll save you the trouble. Virginia is not canceling elections.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ummm...why is it...that I feel extremely comfortable...around a group of citizens open carrying/concealed carrying...

Extremely comfortable...at home comfortable...?

Those patriots bring the pride...wish I was there...

YouSir

YouSir are eloquent.
Well said!

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

I dont believe it's just the recall law. If what I've read recently is correct , it's more than just recalls.

Off the top of my head , i dont remember the exact wording/placement.
I do remember see some shadyness with the way it was proposed, like a slight of hand deal to make it look like just recalls, but in actuality it encompasses more than that.

I'll dig it it up in a bit.

From what I've heard through word of mouth, they're trying to pass a bill to change the recall procedure from 10% of voters to 25%. The signatures must be gathered in 60 days.

This is alleged though. I've not found much online to verify this.... Though many may be silent on it.

Edit : verified.

VA gov link

edit on 20-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This guy? Some interesting antennas on it's belly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join