It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Coverage Of The Virginia Gun Rights Rally Starts At 8 AM

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The DNC see Antifa is a kind of serendipitous tool. That doesn't mean that Antifa is directed by the DNC nor support them.

As for your belief that the DNC establishment is gone, just look at how many Democrats are beholden to corporate interests. As long as they're being guided by corporate overlords, any "progressiveness" is pretty much just a facade.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's a very good point, but at the same time, anitfa fits the term like a glove. Over half of the government probably fits that definition these days though.

terrorist - a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is an example of what is coming to a state near you if you vote Democrats into office. I look at this as a gift from the Democrats to the Republicans in the next election. Democrats = gun bans, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They don't mind siding with them. It's all about perception. Remember when Hillary (the biggest establishment democrat in the history of establishment democrats) was asked if she was a progressive? She said she was.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And Antifa hated Hillary. They didn't see her being much better than Trump, if at all.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's a very good point, but at the same time, anitfa fits the term like a glove. Over half of the government probably fits that definition these days though.

terrorist - a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

I think political extremist's or anarchists would be more fitting.

Either way, we have existing laws to punish offenders. If people keep celebrating the term terrorists with their political opponents... It's only a matter of time before those opponents use it on the inverse.

We're seeing this happen in its infancy on both sides.

If we keep using terrorism willy nilly... The federal government will take note, and take a power grab while they're at it. We'll see spying and secret evidence used in court, along with a host of infractions on due process.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: terrapincb

Okay, let’s change the wording a little bit to make it neutral.

You can only buy one woodcarving per month. Not bad, unless you are a woodcarver or someone that sells woodcarvings. All sales of woodcarvings have to be done by a licensed broker including selling to a friend or extended family member. Don’t bring any woodcarvings to The Woodcarving Jamboree June 5, 6 & 7 in Capitol City celebrating folk art.

But you say that is ridiculous, let me remind you that very functional knives can be carved from wood and will pass a metal detector every single time. You can make a zip gun from wood as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I wonder how mainstream voters will see this show of force march. Will it be seen as intimidation by the right wing or an expression of freedom? Perception is politics....

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder how mainstream voters will see this show of force march. Will it be seen as intimidation by the right wing or an expression of freedom? Perception is politics....

I can't speak for the mainstream voters here in Virginia... I am an independent, as are many of my friends... I also have many liberal and concervative friends and acquaintances, but most are well read and not what I'd call mainstream.

Most are against this legislation and the governor for many reasons. I'm not sure what the optics they hold for the rally or its participants... But there just seems to be a general feeling of disenfranchisment from our elected officials.

I think many Virginia's feel a wind of change for the worse for this gorgeous and historic state.
edit on 20-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: Auto correct

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Anyone have a flight program they can check to see if small single engine planes are being flown over the area? Curious to see where the registrations come back from. My guess is there are Stingrays catching all cell comms in the area.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Flightradar24 will show you all aircraft with an ADS-B transponder.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Live at the scene:

AND here

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Anyone have a flight program they can check to see if small single engine planes are being flown over the area? Curious to see where the registrations come back from. My guess is there are Stingrays catching all cell comms in the area.

DC has loads of unauthorized Stingrays all the time with little or no plan to address it.

I can only imagine they're in most state capitals in interest as well. Police, alphabet agencies, private contractors, and foreign and domestic actors alike.

Another reason we need to be hyper vigilant in the age of "terrorism" when the government speaks of implementing warrantless surveillance. Just a matter of time before it falls in the wrong hands.

One could argue it would have been utilized by belligerents even if our government didn't deploy such measures.... But it would be easier to catch them if we didn't have to weed through "authorized" applications.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

At this point, NO VIOLENCE!

Again this is partly of what is meant to be an AMERICAN.
KAG!

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Small TFR in place, 0700-1901 EST. Surface -2,000 ft AGL. 2 mile radius.
edit on 20-1-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm looking for info on N60430. It has been doing loops around the area.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
here some info about that plane.
uk.flightaware.com...
edit on 20-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Show's 'County of Henrico' as the operator.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm looking for info on N60430. It has been doing loops around the area.

Owner
COUNTY OF HENRICO VIRGINIA
HENRICO , VA, US
(Government)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join