It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are MAD that Elsa is not gay

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Can we PLEASE keep sexuality and politics out of children's movies???

Excellent rant!

I didn't know that a new frozen movie is coming. My best friend's daughter is five years old and i really like her. Maybe i will arrange a movie day in the near future. Coca cola, popcorn, everything

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: LordAhriman

Thats because it's the right making up stories like they generally do.

And getting wound up because someone posted an opinion on social media, welcome to the outrage games.

I think this just about sums it up.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yep, totally, and I like that saying, I've used it a few times.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And getting wound up because someone posted an opinion on social media, welcome to the outrage games.

I think this just about sums it up.

I just wanted to say I'm planning on using this pic whenever I can (both to remind myself and for others). Thank you.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I agree with you 100%

Personally I hate when movies have to make a love interest. Not every movie needs romance.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I didn't spend much time on it, but I can't find anybody mad about this, anywhere.

Maybe because you don't use Google or perhaps Google is just targeting your ads, news, & search results differently? Who knows....but if it wasn't a thing, then Snopes wouldn't feel the need to include their own propaganda about it....

www.snopes.com...

ETA - here's a few others....

www.cnn.com...

www.wired.com...

www.charlotteobserver.com...

edit on 16-11-2019 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I didn't spend much time on it, but I can't find anybody mad about this, anywhere.

Maybe because you don't use Google or perhaps Google is just targeting your ads, news, & search results differently? Who knows....but if it wasn't a thing, then Snopes wouldn't feel the need to include their own propaganda about it....

www.snopes.com...

ETA - here's a few others....

www.cnn.com...

www.wired.com...

www.charlotteobserver.com...

None of those links are about people being mad about Elsa not being gay. Just people hoping that she was before the movie came out.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Then you clearly didn't read the stories, most of which clip from Twitter comments or even have comments within them.

Some additional ones - www.pinknews.co.uk...

Unsurprisingly, Elsa’s huge LGBT+ fanbase were upset.

# U DISNEY!!
I AM OUT!!#Disney #Frozen #Elsa pic.twitter.com/lXJ9iScUoo

— レヴィ (@revy330) August 28, 2019

Hypocritical that Anna isn’t seen as being ‘defined by her love interest’ but Elsa with a girlfriend would be. Meh. Very poor response.

— Bri Kenney 🏳️‍🌈 (@bri_kenney) August 27, 2019

GIVE ELSA A GIRLFRIEND YOU COWARDS

— aspen (@aasppenn) August 28, 2019

Or this one - www.syfy.com...

I never had a Disney Princess that was mine until Elsa. When the concept of princesses as a marketing strategy first served up the proto-Sorting Hat concept of self-identifying as an Ariel, Jasmine, or Bell, I grew up resting comfortably in the camp of the villains having the better songs anyway. But "Let It Go" changed that for me.

That was why it was so easy to believe that Elsa could actually be a lesbian in a Frozen movie, because it feels so organic to the character that certainly it would be an incredibly easy sell. The naivete that I felt was in the projection of, of course, Elsa will be a lesbian in Frozen II because Elsa already is a lesbian. I fell into the inadvertent trap of having too intense a headcanon: convincing yourself that it's actual canon. Ultimately the positive takeaway is that by continuing to not give Elsa a love interest, the filmmakers have at least shown a nod to those of us who care so much about this topic. They haven't made Elsa explicitly queer, but they also aren't making her explicitly straight.

And then...this - www.pinknews.co.uk...

While it was already confirmed that Frozen 2 will not give Queen Elsa a love interest, rumours suggest that the LGBT+ icon may finally get a girlfriend in the third instalment of the franchise.

Elsa’s LGBT+ fanbase were disappointed when rumours of the ice queen having a girlfriend in Frozen 2 were quashed by a Disney songwriter last month.

Yeah...so I go back to my ORIGINAL statement - let's keep SEXUAL IDENTITY POLITICS out of children's movies... This is pure out and out PANDERING and it is pathetic.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
One could argue that they are taking more of a stand making her an independent princess that doesn't need a boyfriend/girlfriend, but instead is quite capable of handling things on her own.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Why does identity have to come down to sexuality?

Race/Sex/Sexual preferences/Gender/Nationality/Belief/Age/Hair colour/Lifestyle/News/Politics/Food/Looks/Celebrities/marketing etc, etc.

Just to keep us all arguing amongst ourselves instead of turning on the owners.

We all fall for it because we are adaptable, it is in our very nature, to be human is to adapt to our circumstances for better or worse.

Our greatest strength and weakness.

Id sure like to meet the thing behind the curtain one day... actually on second thought, feck that, ill stick to eating McDonalds whilst arguing online about nothingness rather than get my ass kicked and then fecked by whatever organised this whole thing.
edit on 16-11-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So then no Disney character should ever have a love interest is what you are saying. Straight or gay.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

So then no Disney

YES!

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Will you marry me?... your common sense is seriously epic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join