It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are MAD that Elsa is not gay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's a kids cartoon produced for kids to enjoy.

Who gives a toss about sexual orientation, gender identity and all that other bollocks?

Why can't some people just let kids be kids and stop interfering and using everything and anything as an opportunity for social engineering?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I agree with those saying that sexuality has no place in a children's movie.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I prefer my Disney princesses not being happy until a man saves them....

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: CIAGypsy

No love interest at all?
Good.

People like me that don't care about sex much at all are never represented in film.
But they should be.

Stop telling everyone that finding a mate ,any mate, is so darn important.
It's ok to be single. It's ok to not care about having sex.

I have to agree with you.... One of my favorite Disney movies was Brave for that very reason.... Of course I was raised in a Disney culture with all the classics, but it didn't make me want to grow up being a princess (female) who could only be saved by a prince (male). I subconsciously reflected more on the character and integrity of the characters than their sexuality as a kid in who I admired... Those traits are far more important aspects that I would want my children to pay attention to....

One poster this morning was on a long monologue about how the song "Let It Go" spoke to her as someone who was afraid of coming out of the closet. While that is all well & good for her life, she is projecting her internal psychological drama on a character where none exists. That doesn't mean we all can or should adopt the same perspective.

This movie is not about sexual identity. It never was and should never be. But what aggravates me more than anything else is the attempts to politically pressure Disney to make it happen just to satisfy their own sense of the way things should be.... Where do people get off with such entitlement?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is Elsa the one played by Kristen Bell? Because I'll be bummed if she's not a lesbo.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I think sexuality is something that should be left out of children's programming completely!

They are only children for such a very short time. They should not have to waste those precious years pondering sexuality and gender issues. In a few years they will be pressured into such nonsense by their own peer groups without adult film makers using cartoons to kick start the process!

Let the kids just be kids for a while!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I always liked Mulan. She was the tough girl who was appropriately tough. Her greatest strength was her tactical ability. She isn't exactly portrayed as a world beater powerful although she has some tricks up her sleeve. Instead she's portrayed more as crafty and winning through brains.

And she does get the guy.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Disney has literally already produced a cartoon about a girl that gets off with a beast and I don't recall the uproar about that from anyone.

Yeah, that was kinda the entire theme of that movie.

Giving a character a gay love interest is just pandering. No need for it and the movie does just fine without it.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I wouldn't mind if "Elsa" has a lesbian love interest...

As long as its Jessica Rabbit from "Who Killed Roger Rabbit".
edit on 11/12/2019 by NightFlight because: left out right quotation marks and Epstein didn't kill himself!!

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I Triple Dog Dare her.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here's the thing: I don't believe that "people"are upset. I'd bet good money it's a few perverted progressives whining like they do and the sycophant press echoing them.

Your average American couldn't care less.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Who's mad? A couple people on the fringe? Not representative of anything worth worrying about.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

How many kids would want to be gay because Elsa was gay? I’m worried for my child. I refuse to let influence from Hollywood, government or education system to queer up my child! Screw that!

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hunterTheory

i has no idea - cos i have zero experience of children

but i suspect you are cherry picking with your agrument :

" gay elsa weill promote gay kids "

would you like to extend that " logic " to significant attributes of every character in these type of cartoons

my generation grew up watching tom and jerry & other cartoons of that ilk - and guess what - i dont recall any one at any shool i attended - hitting each other with hammers or dropping anvils on people

whats changed ?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Hahaha people don't become gay because of a character? And she's not gay so you need not worry. People have been born gay all over for thousands of years without influence from media.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Are you saying you wouldn't love and accept your child if they were gay? Because if that's the case I feel terrible for your child.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
anyone who gets upset because an fictional; character is :

the wrong gender

the wrong sexual orientation

the wrong colour

the wrong ethnicity

etc etc

needs to get a life

While I tend to agree, it does bother me when companies change an established character to another ethnicity. It just seems incredibly lazy and dishonest to me. It's like those companies are saying, "hey guys, sorry but we couldn't come up with a new and interesting character on our own, so we decided to co-OP an existing character instead!" It also tends to feel a bit like a slap in the face for those who have become attached to those characters. After all how do you think it would feel if you identified with what a certain character has gone through, only for the company to basically say, "well they weren't good enough as they were". It tends to feel like they are telling us, the consumers, that we are good enough in their eyes.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

Or you could learn to relate to someone who isn't your ethnicity. That would be a novel idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have a friend in the movie industry.

He says daily tv and movie companies are bombarded by hordes of phone calls, emails and regular mail demanding all these things.

They want a colored person in every film and every few films has to have the main character and a person of strength be colored.

They want a LGBTQ community member in every film. And they want a lead character of strength be gay.

They even call for the villain to be white.

Even during a film's production they implement these changes to appease these groups.

And it's gotten to the point where there is a committee of film makers that have to meet these groups to make sure they are appeased.

They don't like the original sources and want to rearrange things to fir their narrative and their view of the world

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

Or you could learn to relate to someone who isn't your ethnicity. That would be a novel idea.

Ummm, that's not what the poster said though.

You learn to love and relate to a character as they are. My son loves the movie into the Spiderverse and really likes Miles Morales, and the movie does a good job explaining how in multiple realities, fate has decided there will be a version of Spider-Man, but that it doesn't always end up as Peter Parker.

My husband also like the movie as a veteran Spider-Man fan himself because the movie gives a plausible explanation for why there are slightly different versions of Spider-Man out there.

He likes it much better than when they just up and suddenly stick a different ethnic background on a character or a different gender without any real explanation except ... reasons (this or that suit said "DIVERSITY") ... People don't just change like that in reality even though, yes, you learn to like people for all of who they are.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join