It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans unload on Trump for Syria shift

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Republicans unload on Trump for Syria shift when he needs them most

“This is a terribly unwise decision by the president to abandon our Kurdish allies, who have been our major partner in the fight against the lslamic State,” Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine)

Sen. Lindsey Graham criticized the partial pullout on "Fox & Friends," saying the "impulsive decision by the president has undone all the gains we've made, thrown the region into further chaos."

Nikki Haley, Trump's former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, issued a denunciation, as well.

“We must always have the backs of our allies, if we expect them to have our back,” she tweeted. “The Kurds were instrumental in our successful fight against ISIS in Syria. Leaving them to die is a big mistake.

Brett McGurk, the top U.S. envoy overseeing the effort to defeat ISIS, stepped down days after Mattis announced his departure, and excoriated the president on Twitter early Monday morning.

“Donald Trump is not a Commander-in-Chief,” McGurk wrote. “He makes impulsive decisions with no knowledge or deliberation. He sends military personnel into harm’s way with no backing. He blusters and then leaves our allies exposed when adversaries call his bluff or he confronts a hard phone call.”

www.politico.com...

'A stain on America's honor': Lindsey Graham says Trump's Syria pullout abandons Kurds, helps ISIS

www.usatoday.com...

THIS RIGHT HERE is how Anti-American Terrorist's are created in real-time.

We promise locals if they fight for us we will stand beside them and broker them a peace when the fighting is done, then when they have served their purpose we abandon them for slaughter.

Who will stand beside and fight with the USA the next time we ask them to?

Who will the survivors blame as slaughter unfolds?

Russia, Syria, Turkey win.

And BTW, I assume since the announcement to abandon our allies to die came as a surprise to so many, this call too found it's way to the super-secret server:

U.S. begins to withdraw troops from northern Syria after Trump's Turkey call
www.axios.com...

edit on 7-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris
Shameful. Absolute coward, and trying to control the daily news cycle by reckless acts. Unfit. Impeach now.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Of all the reasons to go after Trump of course its potentially removing Americas global policing effort that they are disappointed with.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Cheering on the RINO warhawks aye?

Never fails to amaze me the hypocrisy of those who hate so much they would cheer on warhawks because "Orange Man Bad".

Glad the RINO's are shedding their camo and coming out in the open. They along with you who promote the MIC will be remembered.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

On top of that, Trump had the Kurds' defense systems dismantled, just weeks ago.

Coordination & Military Ops Center - SDF

@cmoc_sdf

Based on our confidence in the #US efforts in the Security Mechanism agreement, we implemented all our commitments to remove military fortifications between Tal Abyad & SereKaniye, withdraw combat forces with heavy weapons, risking a security vacum as a result of the agreement.

twitter.com... democraticunderground.com%2F100212555298

twitter.com... .democraticunderground.com%2F100212555298

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For the wars, against the troops.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Looks like another "cut and run."

Abandon allies. Smart move. Who will stand up with the US in the future when we need them?

Looks like no one will as long as Trump is in office.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So him getting us out of a mess we should have never been involved with in the first place is now bad? Those people are batchit crazy and have been fighting for thousands of years. Is Russia fighting isis still? We can still back the Kurds with supplies. I agree with the withdrawal.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

This is absolutely calculated...

A couple things I can think of....

1) trying to distract from the impeachment stuff.

2) trying to get out of running for president again..

3) he was listening to some wack a doodle like hannity this morning say that the Syrians were saying bad things about him..

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ah yes Sen. Lindsey Graham since when McCain was around Graham he and other NeoCons were demanding a full military intervention into Syria to take out Assad learning nothing from the Libyan intervention. Kurds aren't reallt allies to America. America just uses the kurds around both Syria and Turkey.

Libya is still massive huge flop and mess which MSM arent blaming Obama nor Clinton at all for that mess.
edit on 7-10-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Oh I think it is the fact he announced it to the world AND THE MILITARY in an incoherent tweet, rather than through the normal channels that raises eyebrows.

+4 more 
link   
So stay in other countries and fight = warmonger neocon

Bring troops home = cowardly stain on America

Yeah sure, keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I once told a diehard Dem pal of mine (who was convinced Obama was magically going to stop all wars) that there would be no stop of anything because the Dem's only dislike wars that they aren't in control of. Sadly RINO's seem to like wars no matter who is running the show.

We must defend Israel at all costs because we are a "Judeo-Christian" nation as they like to say.

I said it before and I will say it again, Cecil Rhodes had more staying power than even Karl Marx among the political class.

Say it with me, make some signs, go out and protest: "FOR THE WARS AGAINST THE TROOPS!!!!""

YAY!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I want to know when he is pulling all troops out of Foreign lands..
Iraq, Afghanistan, South Korea....

Sooner the better, F the GOP..

link   
I wish this was in the mud pit so I could say exactly how I feel about Lindsey Graham.

link   
I can't agree with the OP. It assumes that our motive is to win a war. The reality is protracting it is the goal. Its how the MIC makes money, and its the pork barrel that feeds their coffers in Washington.

In other words, corruption.

Nope.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

dont expect the democrats to pull out the troops either.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

This is absolutely calculated...

A couple things I can think of....

1) trying to distract from the impeachment stuff.

2) trying to get out of running for president again..

3) he was listening to some wack a doodle like hannity this morning say that the Syrians were saying bad things about him..

Pretty much all three. Wait for it...he will do worse things in the coming days as articles of impeachment are drafted.

He might even start a new war. He does not care for the US soldier.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Looks like another "cut and run."

Abandon allies. Smart move. Who will stand up with the US in the future when we need them?

Looks like no one will as long as Trump is in office.

I served 20 years and would totally cut and run. Not fighting in anymore BS wars and the reason I retired. If you want to get in the fight then by all means please do. Get a plane ticket and get over there. Tired of warmongers like yourself getting the US involved in all these conflicts with no possible way out and no possible way to achieve victory. These are forever wars. Once you get shot or your legs blown off it might mean something.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

impeachment over what now? that Ukraine phone call?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join