It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans unload on Trump for Syria shift

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Seemed like you overreacted, only person saying he's the worst thing since Pol Pot has been you so far.

Faux outrage to count perceived faux outrage.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkinNoMore

SHHH, its funny to watch.. It's still Obama's fault.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: LurkinNoMore
a reply to: IAMTAT

lol.

This thread is about the republicans response to Trumps tweet/decisions.

Strange how the deflections still head to the dems.

Nice try.
I am referring to the Leftist warmongering Dems on this thread.

This is not a thread about Democrats, though I can see how that helps you avoid defending the indefensible.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.): "A precipitous withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria would only benefit Russia, Iran, and the Assad regime.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.):
"I want to make sure we keep our word for those who fight with us and help us. If you make a commitment and somebody is fighting with you, America should keep their word," he told "Fox & Friends."

Gov. Mike Huckabee: "I generally support @POTUS on foreign policy & don't want our troops fighting other nations' wars, but a HUGE mistake to abandon Kurds. They've never asked us to do THEIR fighting — just give them tools to defend themselves. They have been faithful allies. We CANNOT abandon them,"

Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.): "This impulsive decision by the president has undone all the gains we've made, thrown the region into further chaos. ... I hope I'm making myself clear how shortsighted and irresponsible this decision is in my view. ... This to me is just unnerving to its core,"

www.axios.com...

edit on 7-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This isn’t the mud pit.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

a reply to: IAMTAT

Surprised you could find any among the circled wagons of the pro-Trump at all costs parade.

So... any thoughts on the OP? You know the republicans on the record, instead of trying to find the odd leftist poster to target.

Seems to be quite an uptick in DNC zombies here on ATS over the last week. Man you people are just so childish and full of hate.

Almost as if a cell has been activated. It must be getting closer to election day.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Fools

Swing and a miss.

But hey, if thinking I'm "DNC" makes you sleep better for disagreeing with you or not liking some of Trumps decisions go for it.

I mean, I don't see you ever calling out the swath of pro-Trump accounts each day, including the prominent ones brazenly posting from Russia with Russian memes

I have been around here quite some time. I would say that I "know" the personalities here that are pro-Trump pretty well and I can say with much confidence that most of them were never really "toe the line" political people. You have been here for a very short time (posting) and pretty much all you do is post negative crap about Trump. It seems to be your mission.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Maybe it's just that Trump's enemies can't match Trump's wisdom for doing these things.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Swing and a miss.

But hey, if thinking I'm "DNC" makes you sleep better for disagreeing with you or not liking some of Trumps decisions go for it.

I mean, I don't see you ever calling out the swath of pro-Trump accounts each day, including the prominent ones brazenly posting from Russia with Russian memes

I have been around here quite some time. I would say that I "know" the personalities here that are pro-Trump pretty well and I can say with much confidence that most of them were never really "toe the line" political people. You have been here for a very short time (posting) and pretty much all you do is post negative crap about Trump. It seems to be your mission.

And he's gone. lol

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well... I've been lurking for 30 years before you and can also say with confidence that they aren't.

So there, we both have unprovable contradictory opinion based arguments.

You seem to only post pro-Trump things, I guess that must be your mission. Or does it only work one way?

edit on 7-10-2019 by LurkinNoMore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Extorris

Maybe it's just that Trump's enemies can't match Trump's wisdom for doing these things.

Wisdom? Apparently Erdogan called him up and took advantage of Trump's "stable genius" by getting him to announce a troop withdrawl against all advice of his advisers, NSC, Pentagon, Generals and State.

Apparently Trump is dangerously easily to manipulate.

Trump's Syria move blindsides national security leaders
www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Turkey is a charter member of NATO. They are massing their troops on the Syrian border now, ready to invade Syria.
Are we supposed to go to war with Turkey?
The Turks are looking to kill more Kurds.
But if we take our troops out, we are abandoning our Kurd 'allies'.
Doesn't anyone see this as a stew that we don't need to be mixed up in?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Its a rock and a hard place.

I'd say America should be getting out, but it should be done with more grace than through a drug addict US Presidents Twitter rant.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Its a rock and a hard place.

I'd say America should be getting out, but it should be done with more grace than through a drug addict US Presidents Twitter rant.

well seeing as how you brought it up

can you prove the allegation YOU just made??

what Drugs specifically (aside from caffine)

you made the claim you back it up

unless you are full of BS.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Turkey is a charter member of NATO. They are massing their troops on the Syrian border now, ready to invade Syria.
Are we supposed to go to war with Turkey?
The Turks are looking to kill more Kurds.
But if we take our troops out, we are abandoning our Kurd 'allies'.
Doesn't anyone see this as a stew that we don't need to be mixed up in?

Turkey would never invade with US troops embedded with the Turks.

THUS Erdogan's call to Trump asking him to remove US troops so they can get on with the slaughter.

Trump obliged.

THE PLAN BEFORE TRUMP'S ABANDONING THE TURKS FOR SLAUGHTER

was to negotiate a peace for the Turks and it was working!

JUST THREE DAYS AGO the Secretary of Defense spoke with Turkeys Minister of Defense and agreed to a safe zone on the border.

On the phone call, Esper told reporters Friday, he and Akar agreed that the safe zone system was the best approach to securing the Turkish-Syrian border.

“I made very clear to him, and he agreed as well, that we need to make the security mechanism work,” Esper said.

“We have air patrols going on, we had another ground patrol just happen. … I just told him, let's keep working at it. That's the best path forward for all of us, so that's what I'm focused on right now.”

www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, Trump doing this on Putin's birthday no less, is hardly surprising. I firmly believe this comment:

Reporter Eliot Higgins spoke with a National Security Council official about Trump’s decision, which was made after a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

The unnamed official said that Trump had gotten “rolled” by his Turkish counterpart.

“President Trump was definitely out-negotiated and only endorsed the troop withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not getting something,” the National Security Council source said. “The U.S. national security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come because the president has no spine and that’s the bottom line.”

Trump likes to impress certain world leaders. People are naive if they think he is looking out for our troops. He is looking out for # 1 - which is of course, himself.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Not sure if I should respond or disregard and ignore your post as you have no credibility to me yet.

This ain't the thread to discuss speed freak Trump aka Epsteins coc aine friend aka Mr Adderall aka Dr Desk-full-of-cold-medicine aka sharpie sniffing six pack.

Lets just say if people did as much digging on Trump as they did the opposition party they'd of been a dozen threads a day created on it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkinNoMore

so you are full of it

thanks

No worries

you wont last long here.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin was born on 7 October 1952

a reply to: fleabit

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Denial is hard to overcome.

But thanks for your concern about me as a newbie, you seem to be following me from thread to thread to try and get me to leave.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well... I've been lurking for 30 years before you and can also say with confidence that they aren't.

So there, we both have unprovable contradictory opinion based arguments.

You seem to only post pro-Trump things, I guess that must be your mission. Or does it only work one way?

You have been lurking for 30 years?

Above Top Secret is the internet's beehive for all things conspiracy, UFO, paranormal and just about anything crank-related. The domain was registered in 1997 by Simon Gray, but he didn't actually start developing the site until 1999.

But go on telling us more lies. Obviously you have zero credibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join