It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans unload on Trump for Syria shift

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: Bluntone22

dont expect the democrats to pull out the troops either.

Well Obama had eight years to do something and didn't so I don't expect much from the dems except business as usual.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Thanks for your service. We might have shared some sandy gravel if you were in the 1st gulf war.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Extorris

Cheering on the RINO warhawks aye?

The only thing worse than going to war unnecessarily is to break your word and hand over your allies for slaughter.

The right wing has now proven they will defend both.

edit on 7-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Who will stand beside and fight with the USA the next time we ask them to?

I hope nobody because the next time we fight it should be on our own turf. I only support war if they attack our homeland and if our homeland is attacked I don't want European and ME allies flying in my skies and dropping bombs.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Look on the bright side! The left can actually pretend to "support our troops" as they encourage DC to send them off for continued fighting against Eurasia and Eastasia!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I hope no one is stupid enough to invade. The military is the least of their problems.

(post by RazorV66 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: willzilla

Exactly, which is also why we don't need allies coming to our aid. We can defend ourselves.

I'm ok with supporting our allies through economic pressure, but not with our military.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
So him getting us out of a mess we should have never been involved with in the first place is now bad?

Destroying ISIS is bad?

We can still back the Kurds with supplies.

What few Kurds remain after the Trump-Erdogan agreed upon slaughter won't be helped by supplies and they will remember what the USA did to them.

First it was Al-Qaida then ISIS, you get to witness Trump giving birth to what comes next.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

REPORTER: What exactly did you hope the Ukrainian president would do about the Bidens?

TRUMP: "I would think that if they were honest about it, they'd start a major investigation ... they should investigate the Bidens ... China likewise should start an investigation."

www.vox.com...

Trump’s comments seemed to be a textbook case of soliciting a foreign campaign contribution and added fuel to calls for his impeachment. They made an abuse of power scandal pertaining to his efforts to enlist foreign governments to do opposition research for him even worse. In short, they are hard to defend.

link   
Love it when liberal heroes turn out to be war mongering neocons.
They'd literally bow to the devil himself if it meant getting a hit in on Trump.

link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

originally posted by: JustJohnny

This is absolutely calculated...

A couple things I can think of....

1) trying to distract from the impeachment stuff.

2) trying to get out of running for president again..

3) he was listening to some wack a doodle like hannity this morning say that the Syrians were saying bad things about him..

Pretty much all three. Wait for it...he will do worse things in the coming days as articles of impeachment are drafted.

He might even start a new war. He does not care for the US soldier.

lol. Why do you think he is bringing the troops home? It's time to get our government in order.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

First it was Al-Qaida then ISIS, you get to witness Trump giving birth to what comes next.

There will always be what comes next. The important part is will the next president be stupid enough to involve us in another pointless war.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Thanks for your service. We might have shared some sandy gravel if you were in the 1st gulf war.

Likewise, sorry for the rant but I lost too many friends fighting in these wars. All for nothing. Syria is bombed back about 150 years. Let them duke it out among themselves if they believe it's worth it removing thousands of tons of debris and rebuilding it. It has no value to America unless they are done fighting and want to pay us to rebuild it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

How many more of our people are you willing to sacrifice for another pointless war? Why aren’t you over there? We are finally moving into a position where we need to take care of ourselves, I hope.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I hope no one is stupid enough to invade. The military is the least of their problems.

How old are you? Do you remember 9-11?

Invasions are not a thing for the USA now for a couple hundred years.

Trump just a gave our only local ally fighting beside us in Syria a reason to hate us more than ISIS does.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
lul @ the false rage.

link   
a reply to: willzilla

Don't you understand???

Oceania MUST win against Eastasia and Eurasia!

link   

originally posted by: Extorris

How many more of our people are you willing to sacrifice for another pointless war? Why aren’t you over there? We are finally moving into a position where we need to take care of ourselves, I hope.

People like the OP don't support our military. They only like to crap on them while condoning sending them into a war.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

This complete degradation of the president's psyche and well-being will be one of the saddest parts of our history to watch unfold. None of us should want this, it makes us all look bad internationally, because it is our fault. We elected this circus.

But it is something to keep an eye on. Lindsey Graham plays both sides as needed. So do some of the others that scolded him. But as long as the Jim Jordans and Devin Nuneses keep wiping his nose, he will feel enabled at least enough to keep at it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join