It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me understand this. Biden

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am from the UK clown world.
Here our politics has hit rock bottom with the government using the courts, who are heavily slanted to the left, to usurp parliamentary decree. That aside, now that we're on common ground - being that your political system is in meltdown too - please, clear something up for me, PLEASE. I really want to understand this scandal.

Here's what I have if this whole new impeachment thingee.

Biden's son was given a job In a sector that he had zero experience in. This wasn't a small job but it was the biggest gas supplier in the Ukraine. So he obviously wouldn't understand Ukrainian legislation on such matters.

Biden then told the Ukraine, after the government was removed, that unless an investigation into his son wasn't dropped that he'd withhold 1b dollars.

Now, I'm no expert but isn't this corruption? I'm sure he used a law firm to help the owner escape a charge of corruption too, though I don't remember the name.

How is this being allowed to slide? I genuinely don't get it.
Of all the things in the whole Trump transcript thing, this stands out more. Why is Bidens corruption 'sanctioned'?

Please don't tell me the US is clown world too!?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

A) do you have any proof Biden said that about “dropping the charges on his son?”

Of course not..

B) nepotism is not illegal..

Trump gave jarred Kushner the entireME foreign policy stuff.. Kushner has zero government or ambassadorial experience..

But that does not matter, because nepotism is not illegal.. it is ineffective.

C) Ukraine says that Hunter Biden and Joe are perfectly clean in Ukraine.. The same people who said investigating Hunter was not conditional, also said Hunter Biden is clean..

You cannot cherry pick which official government narrative you want.

The guy on the phone with trump says “of course it was obviously conditional!!”

Then the Ukrainian state Department releases the statements that it was not conditional and Biden is clean..”

You can’t choose to believe them for unconditional and not for Biden being clean..

Well unless you are just picking and choosing.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Youre timing is off.

Was hunter emplyed by this company at the time of Biden snrs 'interference?

Also...is it being allowed to slide?

I thought Guliani was all over this like white on rice.

Youre right on one point. Youre no expert.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

If Biden and his boy are clean, then another real investigation won't bother them a bit. You know, if you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to fear.

But the way you leftovers contort to make Biden the saint here and Trump the devil is amusing.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Biden then told the Ukraine, after the government was removed, that unless an investigation into his son wasn't dropped that he'd withhold 1b dollars.

Thats a lie, there's your problem.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yep!

ClownWorld here too. #Honkhonk

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It is not about what is legal but what is in American interests. Having Hunter Biden on the board of the gas companies helps make sure that any decisions that are made are in American best interest.

edit on 29-9-2019 by kwakakev because: grammer

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Thats a lie, there's your problem.

I'm confused, is the OP lying, or was Biden lying when he explained how he did exactly that on video?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You've got the basics down. And you're right to question it. There is nothing sensible or reasonable about this.

Add to all of the above that it is literally Trump's job to execute and enforce the laws, including elected officials, such as a Vice President. We also have a treaty to this effect with Ukraine. Trump was doing his job.

But I think this goes far beyond the Bidens to the DNC as a whole, and Crowdstrike of course. It seems there is reason to believe they have been hiding evidence in Ukraine. So in the big picture, all this impeachment talk is to put the focus and blame on Trump's imagined wrongdoings, on impeachment -- gasp!!! -- to make sure no such investigations are conducted. That's my best guess at this point.

Oh! If such an investigation -- a thorough and competent investigation -- ever takes place, I fully expect Republicans to be caught up in criminal wrongdoing as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

A) do you have any proof Biden said that about “dropping the charges on his son?”

Of course not..

B) nepotism is not illegal..

Trump gave jarred Kushner the entireME foreign policy stuff.. Kushner has zero government or ambassadorial experience..

But that does not matter, because nepotism is not illegal.. it is ineffective.

C) Ukraine says that Hunter Biden and Joe are perfectly clean in Ukraine.. The same people who said investigating Hunter was not conditional, also said Hunter Biden is clean..

You cannot cherry pick which official government narrative you want.

The guy on the phone with trump says “of course it was obviously conditional!!”

Then the Ukrainian state Department releases the statements that it was not conditional and Biden is clean..”

You can’t choose to believe them for unconditional and not for Biden being clean..

Well unless you are just picking and choosing.

A. Google Biden cfr.....you'll have to dig cause they repress things that are good for conservatives....biden says it with his own breath.

B. Ukraine has offered evidence of it, in may 2017...Comey's and Rosenstein would not accept it.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
I am from the UK clown world.
Here our politics has hit rock bottom with the government using the courts, who are heavily slanted to the left, to usurp parliamentary decree. That aside, now that we're on common ground - being that your political system is in meltdown too - please, clear something up for me, PLEASE. I really want to understand this scandal.

Here's what I have if this whole new impeachment thingee.

Biden's son was given a job In a sector that he had zero experience in. This wasn't a small job but it was the biggest gas supplier in the Ukraine. So he obviously wouldn't understand Ukrainian legislation on such matters.

Now, I'm no expert but isn't this corruption? I'm sure he used a law firm to help the owner escape a charge of corruption too, though I don't remember the name.

How is this being allowed to slide? I genuinely don't get it.
Of all the things in the whole Trump transcript thing, this stands out more. Why is Bidens corruption 'sanctioned'?

Please don't tell me the US is clown world too!?

Contrary to the monkey court justice going on in your country, the United States still requires evidence before someone is prosecuted. The big difference between Hunter Biden and Trump is there is evidence of Trump committing a crime of quid quo pro election type corruption.

The gas tycoon and the vice president’s son: The story of Hunter Biden’s foray into Ukraine

Just because someone is on the board doesn't mean they've done anything wrong. There's a little thing called "evidence" you need for any judge will issue an indictment. For 20 years now we've heard from Republicans how the Clintons are going to be indicted any day now. But it never happens because there's never any evidence of wrong doing. I think the Republicans just make up stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Trump's imagined wrongdoings

It's not imagined. I read the transcript. It looks like real evidence to me. You can try to dismiss it as not evidence but that's now how any judge is going to see it:

"On September 23, 2019, Common Cause filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) alleging that President Donald Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and other political operatives illegally solicited a political contribution from a foreign national—by urging Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials to investigate Hunter Biden and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden. The allegations were first published in The Wall Street Journal, and subsequently President Trump admitted that during a July 25th phone call he pressured President Zelensky to pursue the investigation of his political rival and his son.

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a “contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election. Federal law also prohibits a person from soliciting or providing substantial assistance in the solicitation of such a contribution from a foreign national. Federal law defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” And the FEC by regulation defines “solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.”"

People are filing complaints with DOJ. Show me one link where someone files a complaint against Joe Biden? There are none because there is no evidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

To be succinct

Yes, the media, and leftist hatred of Trump, and an election result they can't stand has, indeed, turned them into clowns.

Yes, Creepy Joe's own words have him bragging about twisting the Ukrainians arm, with the threat of withholding aid (quid pro quo). Anyone who denies this, or claims that the fact his son was involved, had no bearing on the situation, are being, not only disingenuous, but are so biased, that it's impossible for them to be objective.

I get it. Some don't like Trump, and thats OK, I didn't think much of his predecessor"s policies, but let's at least be somewhat consistent with our barometer of right and wrong.

edit on 9292019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The Washington Post is a CIA disinformation rag.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Information is not a thing of value.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Trump was acting in his official capacity as president and chief law enforcer, in accordance with a Senate-ratified treaty with Ukraine. The fact that he is also a presidential candidate is secondary to his official duties. As is the fact that a candidate for the Democratic nomination is secondary to Trump's official duties. (In other words, Biden is not yet Trump's presidential opponent. Biden has to get the job first from his Democratic party). Trump was doing his job.

But I'm quite bemused by your take on this. You're pretty darn sure Biden is guilty of something, eh? Otherwise, an investigation would turn up nothing that would be of "value" to Trump's re-election...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

that is the part that amazes me the most. Sanctimonious assholes lecturing on the misdeeds of Trump, while pretending Biden did nothing. I don't know if they really are that stupid, or they are just douche bags who have no regard for law and order, only their political gains. I don't see another option.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ha, ha, ha.

They've won. WE, on this comment board, CAN NOT agree of what are the FACTS.

We've arrived my fellow ATSers. How does it feel? Are you a happy person now? Or does this stuff consume some of you.

Me, I'm going to a car show and an animal farm to day. It's beautiful here in CT today.

Try and have a nice day guys.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

How is this being allowed to slide?

It isn't.

Rudy Guiliani is all over this, backed by the US State Department. Mark Levin just got finished chewing out the Fox & Friends morning crew over shoddy reporting in this case. President Trump has asked Ukraine to look into the matter, as per the US-Ukraine cooperation treaty. Ukrainian President Zelensky has agreed to do so. And just this morning, news broke that Myk ola Azarov, Ukraine’s former prime minister, has called for an investigation into Hunter Biden and the Burisma Group.

It is only being ignored is one listens to CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS.

You have already heard from several posters in this thread who are obviously confused, They want us to believe that Biden didn't mean what he said, but Trump meant what he didn't say. I am ignoring them until such time as they are able to accept reality; I suggest you do the same.

ElectricUniverse and I are both digging into this issue here to uncover what actually likely happened. Our threads are here if you want to understand the issue better:

The Hill: U.S. Embassy Pressured Ukraine Not To Investigate Liberal “Mega-Donor”

Something is Just Not Right Here

This is not going away.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Actually, an investigation into Hunter Biden which showed no illegal activity would help Biden's Presidential campaign. He would be exonerated and Trump would look like a fool.

It's amazing how so many who claim there's nothing there and who support Joe Biden don't want that.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join