It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Like Wine? Favorite?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm all over that! How do you get to 22%? Most yeast will die at 18% (which is what mine get to).

Finish with DADY after you restart it (when the wood chips go in... I always run my wines twice with the berries or whatever in them so they can soak all the flavor out of the berries..... called maceration, I believe)

edit on 11-9-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's a cop-out!

People who don't drink wine, drink Merlot! LOL!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I occasionally have to hobnob with the hoity-toities in my line of work.

So I don't look too stupid, I'll just order a Merlot.

It seems to work.

Perfect!

Because in a "uppity" social situation I usually have no idea what to order so usually just go with expensive (which never works out..)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

-------------------------------

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I do not like any grape wines but do not mind a taste of some of the other fruit wines.....but only a taste.

My first experience with wine: I was sixteen, my sister was eighteen, drinking age was eighteen at the time. She told me she would buy us both a bottle of wine if I paid. I coughed up the cash and we drank the wine at the kitchen table at home, our parents were not at home. She bought herself cold duck, she bought me cold bear. The cold bear did not taste nearly as good as the cold duck did. I drank down my bottle quickly, then she went to the bathroom and I drank a couple of guzzles of her bottle, definitely better.

So next day, hangover from hell. My father asked me to drive, I declined and he said I needed to learn how to drive even when I did not feel good. He must have known I was hungover. I tried to drive and opened the door and puked, everyone laughed at me. He knew I was hung over. I got out of driving that day but had to move the car up on the street so he did not have to step in the puke. Never drank much wine after that, anything I have gotten drunk off of once, I no longer like. I can still drink Seagrams seven crown.....got drunk when I broke up with girls I was attached to and each type of booze has memories attached to it. I got married permanently, I need to have at least one type of booze to get drunk on if the wife passes away from old age before I go.

I also cannot drink most types of beer anymore because of that reason. But they invent new beer recipes every day.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I like a little Fuzzy Pussy now and then

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's a cop-out!

People who don't drink wine, drink Merlot! LOL!

My contemporaries either drink Snapple, Energy Drinks, or PGA.

But I'm an engineer, so we're weird to begin with.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Two of my favorite wines are...

Chateau neuf du Pope ( for special occasions)
BV costal vinyards ( great everyday wine)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Who doesn't?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I knew you would respond!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daranini

I bought a nice bottle of Chateau neuf du Pope for an anniversary once while stationed in Europe.

By the time I was finished making dinner, my sweet bride had emptied the bottle and was sleeping soundly on the couch. I still get to tease her about that.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Anything that comes in a nice convenient box is fine.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I've tried and enjoyed many that you have listed, except the 850 dollar one. LOL

My Sister is the wine connoisseur in the family. Me, I like black Russians, white russians and exotic drinks. But yeah, I like some wines.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Quick, everyone go to Luminari's house for home made wine!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I've tried and enjoyed many that you have listed, except the 850 dollar one. LOL

My Sister is the wine connoisseur in the family. Me, I like black Russians, white russians and exotic drinks. But yeah, I like some wines.

I used to like the white russians when I was in my twenties. That tequila Rose is good too.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Quick, everyone go to Luminari's house for home made wine!

The funny part is I don't usually drink wine but I love making it.

My father has made wine his whole life and I fell into it as a hobby.

The hardest wines for me to make is dandelion wine (the prep is horrid but the wine is worth it) and maple leaf wine (takes 4 years to get right).

My friends don't seen to mind though!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm sure your friends are quite pleased.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am more like an uneducated, beer-drinking type of dude, but i like red wine every now and then. I haven't bought any during this year but my favorite is Casillero del diablo. It is from Chile. Just a little over 10 euros, while the cheapest ones are at around 6 euros a bottle. Well worth the investment of a few extra euros i think. Sorry i don't know any fancy terms or anything, it just tastes really good.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daranini

You mean Château neuf du Pape as it is called over here in France.

My favourites are Château St George (St Émilien) and as my in-laws have a vineyard I favorise their Touraine Cabernet (Val du Loire) or their Cot/Malbec (Val du Loire).

Otherwise a nice fruity Languedoc Red (Merlot) filled with the sunshine of the south of France.

Lags

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

My Wisconsin wine story. As most of you know Wisconsin is beer country, they aren't too keen on wine here, at least in these parts.

My husband took me to a nice place for dinner. I was getting schnitzel and wanted something light to go with it. I asked
for sparkling wine. The bartender screams and the whole restaurant hears it, "No we don't have sparkling wine, Hell we can't even sell that stuff on New Years Eve, and starts laughing!" I sunk in my chair and said I'll take spotted cow...

I recently had some Door county cherry wine and it was very mild and very pleasant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join