It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is considering a surprise vaping ban that would make flavored e-cigs illegal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The real "targets"

Wisconsin brothers arrested in massive marijuana vape bust

WISCONSIN - Two Kenosha County brothers are in jail, accused in a massive illegal marijuana vape pen operation.

Police say that Tyler and Jacob Huffhines had ten employees who were filling three to five thousand vape cartridges with THC every day. The cartridges were being sold for $16 each.

Police found 31,000 vape cartridges, each containing a gram of THC. Police say it may be the largest illegal vape pen bust ever.

The whole operation came crashing down when a teenager who was dealing THC vape pens came clean to police, who eventually tracked the cartridges back to the Huffhines brothers.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'd really hate myself if I was inadvertently sticking up for Trump here... but I had CNN on this morning well getting ready for work and heard them say that this ban wouldn't apply to tobacco flavored vape juice.

I gotta say, if that information is true and this ban only applies to 'sweet' flavoured vape juice, then I really don't have an issue with it... it actually kind of sounds more like rational & responsible regulation of a consumer product... rather than the typical knee jerk entire ban that historically occurs when the government gets involved with these type of things.

I mean lets face it, selling strawberry or mango flavoured vape juice is a little unethical and is obviously aimed at a market other than tobacco users looking for a safer alternative.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

On Wednesday, President Trump held a policy meeting at the White House to discuss national vaping guidelines amidst hundreds of cases of vaping-related illnesses across the United States.

The Trump administration, with guidance from the FDA, is preparing to ban the sale of all flavored e-cigarettes across the US, the administration said in an unexpected annoucement.

Source

This is just breaking so sources are a little scarce. It would appear that the nanny state has once again decided that adults are not mature enough to make decisions about their own body.

I'll be interested to see what ATS' consensus is on this decision.

This isn't about adults, it's about big tobacco marketing raspberry bubblegum flavor products to children. Big tobacco id simply trying to get around the old flavored tobacco rules brought in the last time they tried to get children hooked on their products.

Besides, so many adults have the mentality of children these days that the whole "adults" argument is not in play.

What a moron's argument that is.

Are we supposed to ban flavored vodkas, spiced rums, wine coolers, etc now all because according to you, flavors are just to hook kids with?

If we're really an awesomely free country better than the rest of the globe & so spiffy here, those vice choices should be damn near holy to protect.
edit on 9/12/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

originally posted by: Bloodworth
People know its bad and they still make the choice.

Vaping is scary though

Anything you charge in a wall socket to smoke?

Vapor? Water especially vapor is the perfect substance to promote mold growth. Not something you want to inhale

Smoke is more dry and more tolerable.

Another misconception. E-Juice has ZERO WATER in it......zero. Ingredients are Vegetable glycerin, Propylene Glycol and artifical flavorings which are carried by Propylene Glycol. All 3 of the ingredients required to make the juice is already in our food supply that people have been eating every single day. Vegetable Glycerin is also used in skin care products.

Please do more research before trying to comment your safety concerns about something you clearly know nothing about.

Yes and those chemicals are turned into vapor form. it's a part liquid, thus enabling mold growth.

Not like regular smoke which has zero vapor or liquid and very dry.

Also the metal coil used to heat up these liquids are very suspect.

Most metals able to withstand that heat are not something you want to inhale.

My buddy manufactures the boxes for these things and they all claim organic, best ingredients, fda approved.
And it's all lies.

These millennials cant be bothered with stinky cigarettes or rolling a joint.
Dont even know how to light a book a matches.

They are so pretentious this news will kill them.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

On Wednesday, President Trump held a policy meeting at the White House to discuss national vaping guidelines amidst hundreds of cases of vaping-related illnesses across the United States.

The Trump administration, with guidance from the FDA, is preparing to ban the sale of all flavored e-cigarettes across the US, the administration said in an unexpected annoucement.

Source

This is just breaking so sources are a little scarce. It would appear that the nanny state has once again decided that adults are not mature enough to make decisions about their own body.

This isn't about adults, it's about big tobacco marketing raspberry bubblegum flavor products to children. Big tobacco id simply trying to get around the old flavored tobacco rules brought in the last time they tried to get children hooked on their products.

Besides, so many adults have the mentality of children these days that the whole "adults" argument is not in play.

Are we supposed to ban flavored vodkas, spiced rums, wine coolers, etc now all because according to you, flavors are just to hook kids with?

If we're really an awesomely free country better than the rest of the globe & so spiffy here, those vice choices should be damn near holy to protect.

Well firstly, you have the highest incarceration rate of any other country in the entire world... so by definition you clearly aren't as 'free' as you claim to be

Secondly, any grown adult who needs a bubblegum flavour to get there nicotine hit really needs to grow up.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Source

Well firstly, you have the highest incarceration rate of any other country in the entire world... so by definition you clearly aren't as 'free' as you claim to be

Secondly, any grown adult who needs a bubblegum flavour to get there nicotine hit really needs to grow up.

And anyone who needs a spiced whiskey should, too?

It's not up to you what someone else finds appealing. I quit using vaping, and mainly smoked really, really icy cold menthol juices. And the occasional coffee one. The patches did not work for me. The gums did not work for me. I was not about to shell out a ridiculous amount of money on a prescription to quit. Thus, I found the flavor I liked most, and occasionally had my coffee flavor as a break. I went from two packs a day to zero and it didn't take too long to wean off, about 2 years. I put the vape down one day and didn't pick it up again after that.

Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me to grow up, too? The overall concept is a damn tool for many to kick the combustible tobacco habit. For others, it's their indulgence vice. People are as free to inhale whatever they want as you are to pick a rum & coke or mojito to slam.
edit on 9/12/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Wake up people.....Are we all brain dead?.....Don't you see the agenda?.....the vice and corruption that is in play

Remember 'Prohibition' and the rise of big time organized crime? - Yep, it's happening again - The same moralists supposdly
health advocates who told us a hundred years ago that even a wiff of alcohol was dangerous have returned from
their crypts of mental decay to ensure us that tobacco in any form is deadly - As usual they lye to suit
their agenda.

Vaping is the biggest threat they ever faced - Proven to be much, much safer than traditional smoking, it has bcome
a big fad among the younger health conscious generation.

- THS CREATED A PANIC AMONG THE PROHIBITIONISTS, control freak vice lords and their political lackeys
- Something had to be done and here is how they are doing it.

If you have been listening to the news it began maybe a year ago by trying to panic the public into believing most of
their children were becoming overnight nicotine addicts - And lying again by implying this would automatically
cause them to try lit tobacco. DIDN'T WORK!!!

So they were desperate and needed something else - So they tried this.
tell them how many people are getting sick and even a few dying - Bull sh-t

Do you know how many people die every day from eating eggs? -or peanuts? or soy? - Allergic reactions kill many
-that is a fact.

So they have 6, no not 60, only 6 people who may have died from vaping and they are like demons in heat
- - This the sword they will use to destroy an entire industry.

AND HOW MANY ARE STILL DYING FROM REAL TOBACCO CIGARETTES EVERYDAY

Thousands, mnay thousands !!!!

God dam these political hypocrites - El Chapo, Al Capone, and many other vice lords will rise up redeemed
before one of these corrupt politicians ever realizes that the road to Hell was created by them
- Not even Jesus will ever forgive one of them - But then again I'm not Jesus, I willl not forgive them because
'they know not waht they do' they know exactly what they are doing !- I condem them to the eternal Hell they have created for themselves
- The one they are trying fo drag the rest of the World into.

And now that their children turn to street drugs becuase they know this whole anti-vaping movement is a big lie
and why shoud they believe anyone about anything at all ? - Don't say we didn't warn you
- Ready for the next big rise in organized crime? - Ask your parents about Alcohol, Prohibition, Al Capone
and why corruption rules the World - But kids today are smarter - They understand '1984' 'Double think' and the
big lie' better than their parents.

edit on 12-9-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never even considered vaping but now that EL Sharpie Bonespurs is against it, I'm off to the dispensery for some mango, strawberry, bubblegum, diesel, THC/CBD juice and a gold plated delivery system and a gummy bear edible. Long live free enterprise and capitalism.
edit on 12-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Vaping is scary though

Vapor? Water especially vapor is the perfect substance to promote mold growth. Not something you want to inhale

Another misconception. E-Juice has ZERO WATER in it......zero. Ingredients are Vegetable glycerin, Propylene Glycol and artifical flavorings which are carried by Propylene Glycol. All 3 of the ingredients required to make the juice is already in our food supply that people have been eating every single day. Vegetable Glycerin is also used in skin care products.

Please do more research before trying to comment your safety concerns about something you clearly know nothing about.

Yes and those chemicals are turned into vapor form. it's a part liquid, thus enabling mold growth.

My buddy manufactures the boxes for these things and they all claim organic, best ingredients, fda approved.
And it's all lies.

Sigh....again.......you have no idea what you are talking about.

Mold needs water to grow; without water mold cannot grow.

AGAIN.......E-Juice does not have water in it.

Please stop talking. You have no idea what your'e saying.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, I do agree in concept... But come on, the reality is there's gotta be a middle ground, right?

I mean goddamn, inhaling meth makes ya feel like a god and gives you the social skills of a master... what could possibly go wrong having free rein to do that?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sounds like you have been reading anti vaping propaganda. LMFAO...I have been vaping for 10 years and my doctor says my lungs have improved, I no longer wake up coughing up a lung and i no longer get spontaneous migraine brought on by all the chemicals in cigarettes. You say you understand why if he were to ban this but truth is you don't understand anything about vaping.

I didn't know that pointing out FACTS about vaping is somehow considered as anti-vaping propaganda...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I never even considered vaping but now that EL Sharpie Bonespurs is against it, I'm off to the dispensery for some mango, strawberry, bubblegum, diesel, THC/CBD juice and a gold plated delivery system and a gummy bear edible. Long live free enterprise and capitalism.

Please go ahead and enjoy vaping 24/7 and every minute of the day.
But do not do it in public, or with your children present if you have children unless you want to get sued into true poverty...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Sounds like you have been reading anti vaping propaganda. LMFAO...I have been vaping for 10 years and my doctor says my lungs have improved, I no longer wake up coughing up a lung and i no longer get spontaneous migraine brought on by all the chemicals in cigarettes. You say you understand why if he were to ban this but truth is you don't understand anything about vaping.

I didn't know that pointing out FACTS about vaping is somehow considered as anti-vaping propaganda...

Because you read it some where doesn't make it fact. Where is your source and your studies to prove what you are saying. You're just repeating what you read somewhere but did you bother to even verify the source of info?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Vaping is scary though

And it's all lies.

Sigh....again.......you have no idea what you are talking about.

Mold needs water to grow; without water mold cannot grow.

AGAIN.......E-Juice does not have water in it.

Please stop talking. You have no idea what your'e saying.

Lol it does not have to be pure h2o, it's the process of turning those chemicals into vapor form which is part liquid.
Did you know other liquids, not just water can aid in mold growth.

Like you said those chemicals are in our food, but them being inhaled in vapor form which is mostly a liquid is the problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Because you read it some where doesn't make it fact. Where is your source and your studies to prove what you are saying. You're just repeating what you read somewhere but did you bother to even verify the source of info?

Vaping is too.young to have studies done yet.

They need a good 10 solid years of public use.

And just like cigarettes its human nature for these millenials to soon tell the next generation, we didint know it was bad for us. Lol.

And on a side note, the word especially America seemed more productive and happier when people smoked all the time.

You watch those old NASA tapes and it's a hundred of smoking men who are at genius level working the computers to get a man on the moon.

Smoke if you got em

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Source

Hmm 100's of vaping illnesses vs 10,000,000's of smoking related illnesses..

Yup, they need to be banned..!!

/sarcasmoff

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Source

Dont you get it? If a kid downs a bottle of rasberry vodka, do you think his parents will not notice? Of course they will frigging notice!

If the kid smokes cancer sticks, it will smell, and whoop ass its gonna be, But vaping mangojuice, nobody will notice or smell it.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

The glycols in the juices cause the vapor. Not water.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

The glycols in the juices cause the vapor. Not water.

Good for that, and it's the process of turning the glycol into a vapor which is part liquid/wet which is the problem.
Its that wet vapor being inhaled that is promoting mold growth.
Unlike regular smoke which is dry.
Seems like the vapor because its wet when inhaled is the problem

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Interesting that the illness is only being detected in the US I had a look and see no stats from Europe or here in Australia. Another interesting point already pointed out is the connection with THC. I can't buy e juice with THC in it in Australia, in fact I need to have juice containing nicotine imported as that is a legal grey area here too.
Alot of thest kids have been vaping for a shorter time than I have (years), here's hoping it is THC that is the cause.

edit on 13/9/19 by ozzieman because: Punctuation

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join