It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is considering a surprise vaping ban that would make flavored e-cigs illegal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I remember when it was Hillary who was controlling Trump. Why do any of you actually say someone is controlling Trump and in the same light blame his ego for everything? Contradictory right?

There are no regulations and that is what we should see happen. Whether it is nicotine laced like crack rocks or some 'blend' a guy mixes in the shed and sells on Etsy it is all bad in the end. Big Tobacco would not be behind getting rid of vapes it is bread and butter for them right now.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Geez , there goes the Stoners Excuse for Vaping in Public . Nicotine My Ahass ............LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A pretty decent run down on this. Trump should be shown it...

edit on 11-9-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Someone accidently left their THC vape in my car a while back.

THC still being illegal in my state of course.

On my way to return it later that night after work I hit it a couple of times.

I really liked it, it's harsh though. I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and have been a smoker since I was 15, I'm about to turn 37. So harsh that a seasoned pot smoker will cough his brains out if he presses the button a bit too long.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
More people die from smoking than from what I'm absolutely positive is a relatively isolated incident wherein a supplier provided product tainted with something.

I will say I vape regularly, it helped me quit smoking after 20 years in November 2017. I usually use one of 2 Naked 100 menthol flavors, Naked being known for having the "cleanest" liquid. I lost my smoker's cough I don't know how long ago, don't get winded easily anymore, lower bp, lower heart rate, blah blah.

My local vape shop was out of both flavors in my preferred strength so I went with a brand I wasn't familiar with, I believe it was called silverback platinum series. Blueberry/grape/menthol. I don't know what compound they use for their menthol but one drag and if I took a sip of a cold drink or took a deep breath in the cold room, it felt like I was being punched in the throat.

For people that know vaping, I use a Smok TFV12 Prince tank. I was using my usual Max Mesh coils that I normally get 3 to 4 weeks of use from. This one lasted... The duration of the 60ml bottle. I had bought a second bottle so I tried it with other coils. It killed an M4 in less than 36h, an X6 in 2 days and a full box of 0.15ohm strip coils before I finished it. I also started bringing up crap from my lungs just like I always did with cigarettes. Thankfully my favorite online vape shop is having a clearance sale on Naked 100 glass bottles so I picked up 6 at $8.50 each. Symptoms are gone totally and my strip coils are lasting over a week each again.

What I have to wonder about here is what's happening behind the scenes. I'm sure the tobacco industry is involved but they don't have the power they used to. And why flavored liquid? Why not just ban it all if it's so dangerous?

From what I've read, the vast majority of the cases involved CBD infused liquid that was found to have strangely high levels of (I believe it was) Vitamin E Acetate present in it. I have to wonder if there was a tainted batch of propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine somewhere or if possibly someone was using a shortcut for CBD extraction and screwed up, leaving too much of a chemical (the vitamin or something else entirely) behind.

No matter what, banning shouldn't even be considered. Part of the reason I use Naked 100 is because their manufacturer (USA VAPE LABS, who also make their own liquid which is very good) actually submits samples of batches to the FDA and is legitimately concerned with their customers' health. A dead customer isn't a valuable customer.

TL;dr: something weird is going on and they're just hoping not enough people notice to do anything about it. What's needed is regulation of the several industries/products that eventually become a bottle of e liquid.
edit on 9/12/19 by Magnivea because: Fixed "autocorrect" mistakes

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
On the way in to work this morning they were talking about this on the radio. Apparently they're also considering a ban on menthol cigs as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
On the way in to work this morning they were talking about this on the radio. Apparently they're also considering a ban on menthol cigs as well.

Honestly...

If they're talking about that, ban tobacco and nicotine products all together. Go big or go home. If we're talking about the health of Americans, and looking out for kids, don't cuck for tobacco companies and bring people back to the bread and butter. I'm not sure if that's the intent, but that will be the result.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
People know its bad and they still make the choice.

Vaping is scary though

Anything you charge in a wall socket to smoke?

Vapor? Water especially vapor is the perfect substance to promote mold growth. Not something you want to inhale

Smoke is more dry and more tolerable.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If vaping is really dangerous and doesn't just make you look like a dork, maybe it should be banned.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

On Wednesday, President Trump held a policy meeting at the White House to discuss national vaping guidelines amidst hundreds of cases of vaping-related illnesses across the United States.

The Trump administration, with guidance from the FDA, is preparing to ban the sale of all flavored e-cigarettes across the US, the administration said in an unexpected annoucement.

Source

This is just breaking so sources are a little scarce. It would appear that the nanny state has once again decided that adults are not mature enough to make decisions about their own body.

I'll be interested to see what ATS' consensus is on this decision.

This isn't about adults, it's about big tobacco marketing raspberry bubblegum flavor products to children. Big tobacco id simply trying to get around the old flavored tobacco rules brought in the last time they tried to get children hooked on their products.

Besides, so many adults have the mentality of children these days that the whole "adults" argument is not in play.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
If the ban is only imposed on vaping and not on tobacco products, then that should be setting off alarm bells.

Cigarettes and alcohol have been killing people in mass for years but suddenly they are caring about people's health?

BS, big tobacco clearly owns Trump and anyone else who supports this.

Who do you think owns the vaping companies?

Big tobacco behind the scenes.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: byteshertz
If the ban is only imposed on vaping and not on tobacco products, then that should be setting off alarm bells.

Cigarettes and alcohol have been killing people in mass for years but suddenly they are caring about people's health?

BS, big tobacco clearly owns Trump and anyone else who supports this.

Who do you think owns the vaping companies?

Big tobacco behind the scenes.

If tobacco owned it they would proudly say so. Tobacco lobby spent 20 million compared to the vape lobbys 2 million.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

So then where's the outcry against things like hard seltzer/soda? It seems like a similar argument could be made against those products.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am against all drug laws (concerning adults), including e-cigarettes.

Why? How else is the deep state going to make its money for illegal wars and the like?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Already several people have died, and not from cancer, but these have been fairly quick deaths, and many others are having breathing related illnesses. Vapes, whatever they are called, haven't been around for that long. They do seem to cause illness, and deaths much faster than regular tobacco. If there was a food that was killing people, and making others sick what would you call for?

But anyways, even you admit that there is no proof POTUS Trump wants to do this. However, if he did I can understand why.

If the government doesn't do anything and more people die, everyone will be blaming the government for those deaths and increase breathing illnesses. Heck, the left would come up with a BS conspiracy on how "The Russians are involved and Trump is involved in it by wanting to kill Americans..."

edit on 12-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JAY1980

I really got to wonder though. Did people never stop to think that inhaling artificial apple pie flavoring would probably have negative side effects?

Are we talking about vapes or McDonald's "apple pies"?

either way it doens't matter, same flavorings go into both.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
People know its bad and they still make the choice.

Vaping is scary though

Anything you charge in a wall socket to smoke?

Vapor? Water especially vapor is the perfect substance to promote mold growth. Not something you want to inhale

Smoke is more dry and more tolerable.

Another misconception. E-Juice has ZERO WATER in it......zero. Ingredients are Vegetable glycerin, Propylene Glycol and artifical flavorings which are carried by Propylene Glycol. All 3 of the ingredients required to make the juice is already in our food supply that people have been eating every single day. Vegetable Glycerin is also used in skin care products.

Please do more research before trying to comment your safety concerns about something you clearly know nothing about.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They can go ahead and ban "Flavored e-cigs" because for one, they are disgusting and made by big tobacco any way. It won't affect "e-juice" and besides that, E-Juice is easy to make and the products are readily available online to mix your own juice. The components used in E-juice are not illegal on their own, they are simple non toxic ingredients that are in our food supply and the flavorings are those used in drinks and candies. It's equivalent to banning premade cakes, you can still buy the ingredients and bake your own cake.

As a vaper, I am not worried about this at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Already several people have died, and not from cancer, but these have been fairly quick deaths, and many others are having breathing related illnesses. Vapes, whatever they are called, haven't been around for that long. They do seem to cause illness, and deaths much faster than regular tobacco. If there was a food that was killing people, and making others sick what would you call for?

But anyways, even you admit that there is no proof POTUS Trump wants to do this. However, if he did I can understand why.

If the government doesn't do anything and more people die, everyone will be blaming the government for those deaths and increase breathing illnesses. Heck, the left would come up with a BS conspiracy on how "The Russians are involved and Trump is involved in it by wanting to kill Americans..."

Sounds like you have been reading anti vaping propaganda. LMFAO...I have been vaping for 10 years and my doctor says my lungs have improved, I no longer wake up coughing up a lung and i no longer get spontaneous migraine brought on by all the chemicals in cigarettes. You say you understand why if he were to ban this but truth is you don't understand anything about vaping.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Potus has too much power. There is no way trump read the in-depth reports about valing risks and mads an educated decision.

How could he? There's a million things going on in ths world.

Just silly that we give one man this much power whom is elected through a popularity contest.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join