It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is considering a surprise vaping ban that would make flavored e-cigs illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The illnesses are probably related to the people who can set off a smoke alarm from across the room which is by damn ridiculous in my opinion. Vape a little pen and them lungs will be ok. Most of this is because of people smoking THC infused juice. I mean, look at the cloud from the dude in the picture in the article, I'm surprised the geek isn't choking.

Incorrect. The cloud size has no bearing.

Facts matter when we are dealing with half assed reporting and an over reaching government hell bent on holding our hands....until they can collect penalties off of us, in which case "ignorance is no excuse".

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
well shoot, I am all for banning vapes, e-cigs, real cigars. I mean, pot is still banned at the federal level, and its not like anybody has trouble smoking that.

If anything, this could actually help local economies. Now you can get your flavored juice and natural grown tobacco from your friends and family, folks you trust and will disclose exactly what goes into that product for you. If marijuana was federally unbanned, than the mega-corps would price all our friends and family out of business and we would all be buying and smoking pulluted joints and cigars from mass produced packages at every gas station.

I like the idea of buying juice and tobacco from people you trust, and the money goes to people you love.

See how all this can work out in our favor??

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

He and the government should keep their fingers out of peoples life for things like that.
edit on 11-9-2019 by Oleandra88 because: their" not "his

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The FDA is part of the Executive Branch. Who's in charge of the Executive Branch?

There's also the fact that if this was simply an FDA decision that could've announced this in a press release. Instead, the press pool was called in to the Oval Office and Trump himself made the announcement.

He clearly backs this decision. If he didn't he could tell the FDA to back off. This is very much a Trump administration move and they deserve criticism for it.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I believe the respiratory issues are related to those thc pens that have flooded the market recently.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Trump considering banning vaping whilst allowing Alcohol and Tobacco to remain perfectly legal???!!!

Seems to be just about right and as nonsensical as ever.

You can be sure of one thing, at least the moronic fat bastard is never going to ban your Big Macs.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So... Nothing happened yet? Trump literally has done nothing, signed nothing and nothing has happened.

I don't understand why people react to "Trump might do..." headings anymore. More often then not he is just throwing out ideas and won't even come close to actually doing it once it's all said and done.

Side note, we used to have flavored cigarettes too and that was banned, but in any respect, when the actual executive order is signed(IF EVER) I'll react to it at the appropriate time.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This is very much a Trump administration move and they deserve criticism for it.

It appears to me they were approved by the previous administration without testing.
How that falls to the potus I do not understand.

Instead, the press pool was called in to the Oval Office and Trump himself made the announcement.

Your source says nothing of the sort...

On Wednesday, President Trump held a policy meeting at the White House to discuss national vaping guidelines.

nothing in your source addresses ANY ANNOUNCEMENT BY TRUMP.
Your not spewing bs are you?

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said in a statement.

As to your logic for the executive branch....
so then obama is responsible for the irs scandal?
the fast and furious scandal?
the upcoming fisa scandal?
you know all parts of the executive branch.....right?

nice try tho....

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

On Wednesday, President Trump held a policy meeting at the White House to discuss national vaping guidelines amidst hundreds of cases of vaping-related illnesses across the United States.

The Trump administration, with guidance from the FDA, is preparing to ban the sale of all flavored e-cigarettes across the US, the administration said in an unexpected annoucement.

Source

This is just breaking so sources are a little scarce. It would appear that the nanny state has once again decided that adults are not mature enough to make decisions about their own body.

I'll be interested to see what ATS' consensus is on this decision.

I'll just go with my regular response.

Donald Trump is a dumbass.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That would be my suspicion on this. It's already illegal to sell flavored cigarettes in anything but menthol, so this is the natural next step. For those in the "Won't somebody think of the children!" crowd, I call BS. When I did smoke, it started as a teenager, and I had no problems getting smokes or really any other substance I wanted with a minimal level of hassle.

Now if you read the articles about people kicking the bucket due to vaping, they mention nicotine as well as THC vaping. I know the tobacco industry is highly regulated, so my suspicion is that the nicotine vapes are perfectly fine. The THC ones, unless you live in a state that allows for lawful use, are going to include questionable contents. The fact that you can research and find that even the legal ones have forgeries in almost every case should tell you that some people are vaping some very questionable things.

Same... I started smoking in 1993 when I was 14 and never had an issue buying a pack at the store in my tiny small town where I'd been buying cigarettes for my mom, while she pumped gas, since I was 6. I quit cold turkey when I was 34. Six months later I started vaping and eventually had the big clouds of vapor but backed off of it when all the hipster nerds started vaping the big cloud vapes. Now I stick to a little pen and refuse to vape in public or while I'm in view of someone.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What does the science behind it say?

What is it about flavored E-Cigs?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My reasoning behind that opinion is because the fluid can shoot to the back of your mouth as you pull straight from the coil and inhale directly, therefore getting some of that juice into your lungs over time.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I believe the respiratory issues are related to those thc pens that have flooded the market recently.

#MeToo

I never heard a thing about vaping until it was the bright idea of some hipster to find a way to get THC in the juice.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

What is it about flavored E-Cigs?

Tobacco companies were slow to the draw, now they're trying to play catch up.

Tobacco companies tighten hold on Washington under Trump

Tobacco companies have moved swiftly to strengthen their grip on Washington politics, ramping up lobbying efforts and securing significant regulatory wins in the first six months of the Trump era.

Day one of Donald Trump’s presidency started with tobacco donations, senior figures have been put in place within the Trump administration who have deep ties to tobacco, and lobbying activity has increased significantly.

Tobacco industry influence in Washington is pervasive, in many different ways,” Blumenthal said. “They have an active presence on the Hill, they meet frequently with administrative agencies, on hugely significant issues such as regulation of e-cigarettes, tobacco packaging and warnings.”

America’s largest cigarette manufacturers, Reynolds American and Altria Group, donated $1.5m to help the new president celebrate his inauguration. The donations allowed executives to dine and mingle with top administration officials and their families.

Another classic case of politicians being bought off by big money lobbyists. Including Mr. Swamp Drainer himself.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good thing we only use tobacco flavored Juul pods in this house.

Also, this is retarded. E-cigs are huge among children right now, all the cool kids in middle school use mango Juuls. But... I was smoking cigarettes in middle school. In order to protect kids from the dangers of nicotine products, they'd have to ban all nicotine products. That would slow down the availability, but create a black market and more crime. Not unlike banning drugs and prostitution.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'll be that all those cases involve people vaping bootleg THC cartridges.

Maybe legalizing MJ would help stop people getting sick from boot leg vape cartridges.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It feels like all those tuddyfryddydiddy flavors are marketed towards underage people, you know they avoid getting a beating at home when they do not smell like smoke and ashtrays.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
so this ban is just talking about the disposable vape pens right?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
so this ban is just talking about the disposable vape pens right?

Anything yummy flavored.
edit on 11-9-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 11-9-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join