It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is considering a surprise vaping ban that would make flavored e-cigs illegal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozzieman
a reply to: Bloodworth
Interesting that the illness is only being detected in the US I had a look and see no stats from Europe or here in Australia. Another interesting point already pointed out is the connection with THC. I can't buy e juice with THC in it in Australia, in fact I need to have juice containing nicotine imported as that is a legal grey area here too.
Alot of thest kids have been vaping for a shorter time than I have (years), here's hoping it is THC that is the cause.

You monster

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Looks like trump is backing down from vape regulation....

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

Strategy because he knew at first "people" would automatically attack and not believe what he says šŸ˜Ž

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Alot of thest kids have been vaping for a shorter time than I have (years), here's hoping it is THC that is the cause.

Its not THC that's causing the problems, its this ridiculous trend of producing it into a liquid for vaping... cannabis extract just simply isn't viable to come in the form of a liquid "vaping juice".

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Looks like he doesn't care about Melania's son.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What a load of horsesnip.

Can't smoke cigarettes

Can't vape.

The only thing people are suppose to inhale is weed.

There's a GD agenda at play.

And it isn't just Trump.

I had to goggle vaping illness'es after vaping for 2 years now.

I've not had any problems.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's times like this I'm just glad the Founders had the foresight to write:

"A well focused youth, being necessary to the yolo of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Vapes, shall not be yeet."

edit on 14-9-2019 by Zelun because: oh, 5 seconds later I thought of a better one

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Its not THC that's causing the problems, its this ridiculous trend of producing it into a liquid for vaping... cannabis extract just simply isn't viable to come in the form of a liquid "vaping juice".

I think the issue is that people are home brewing the "liquids" and passing them off as being from a legal dispensary.

People are smoking god knows what type of chemicals.

I've stopped buying them since there is no way to know if they are real.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

Strategy because he knew at first "people" would automatically attack and not believe what he says šŸ˜Ž

Actually its the votes Trump was going to lose. Estimated 10 million to be exact.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Where the F is this "mold" growth that you keep talking about ? .... the human body is not a dry sack, including your normal set of lungs. There is liquid everywhere including the air you breathe every day, heck go to a tropical country where its 100% humidity and you are basically breathing in wet steam.

Do some darn research and stop making stuff up.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Some people simply prefer cocktails to scotch. The same goes for your preferred nicotine delivery system.

The problem is not nicotine, which on its own is as much harm as a cup of coffee, the problem is folk (in the USA) throwing other crap into the cartridges for the "buzz".

Vapers have been around over 15 years globally, with virtually a zero health issues and suddenly theres a sickness epidemic among new users in a (single) country where "Juuling" has become a verb and its being proven that folk are throwing oils and whatever else into their vapes.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This if from a major online distributor of vape products [Company name deleted as I'm not trying to promote them and
do not use their products anyway]'

However this may be of interest for the safety of all who vape:

Vape Industry Update To Our Valued Customers and the Public at Large: You may be aware of certain headlines describing health concerns about ā€œvapingā€ and, speciļ¬cally, recent incidents of injury or death. We would like to clarify the issues so that consumers and the public can take the necessary precautions. Early research and data provided by our company scientists, as well as from the FDA and other public health entities, indicates that many of these recent tragic deaths are linked to the consumption of black market and/or adulterated THC cartridges. It is speculated, yet not fully conļ¬rmed, that a molecule called Vitamin E Acetate has been responsible for the adverse health outcomes reported in many of the cases. Vitamin E Acetate can be formed when Vitamin E and Acidic Acid are present in a formula that has a pH value below 4.8. Our preliminary analysis shows that legitimate nicotine vaping products do not contain Vitamin E Acetate and do not have pH values below 4.8. In addition, XXXXX manufactured products do not contain Vitamin E Acetate. We encourage you to not buy or sell black market products or thickening agents that can be used to modify products in a way that could result in the production of Vitamin E Acetate. Modiļ¬cation of nicotine products is not only unsafe, but illegal. Further, we encourage everyone to educate themselves and share with others the importance of only purchasing products from reputable sources and to never modify them for other purposes. As always, it is important to stay educated, informed and engaged. Thank you for your inquiries, and please continue to take the time to ask questions in order to better inform others. Hopefully, with your help, organized and responsible nicotine delivery companies can be separated from this misinformed media coverage. Our company will continue to lead eļ¬€orts to ensure quality assured products are available for our customers and the market.

What can you do? 1. DO NOT buy or sell black market products. 2. DO NOT BUY, SELL, OR USE THICKENING AGENTS that could be used to modify (adulterate) products in a way that could result in the production of Vitamin E Acetate. Modiļ¬cation (adulteration) of nicotine products is not only unsafe, but illegal. 3. IF you vape, consider ONLY reliable products from responsible manufacturers. 4. EDUCATE yourself and others on the importance of purchasing products only from reputable sources and not modifying them for other purposes. Best regards,

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well then, guess it's not a surprise any more...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Trump said stoopid. I'm not afraid to say it. As a matter of fact, this is about the third time this week Trump has said stoopid. The good part is that he keeps backing away; the bad part is he says it at all.

I smoke. 1 1/2 packs a day. Been smoking since I was 9 years old. My first cigarette was a Camel unfiltered I stole from Dad and sneaked out behind the garage to smoke. I was green for three days; that should have broken me from it right there, but it didn't. I finished the whole thing, despite getting sick from it, then decided cigars were more my style (I switched back to cigarettes later). Eventually I started rolling my own smokes. Now, 50 years or so later, I still have better lung capacity than most non-smokers. I've had 7 heart attacks... two stress-induced, the rest recently congestive. The first two happened because I ran out of smokes at a particularly stressful moment. The rest? Despite telling me I needed to quit, every doctor in the hospital said the same thing when pushed: "Cigarettes didn't put you here."

Hell, I inhale cigars! Love the things, but my wife hates them; so I don't smoke cigars around her... I go to my shop.

I vape too. I try to keep one of those little disposable pens on me, so I can actually enjoy a meal out or some idiot non-smoker who can't seem to do their job keeps me inside one of the 99.9% of buildings that I am apparently not allowed in for longer than I need to be there. I can slip it out, hit the button, puff, and voila, I'm good for a few minutes more. Of course, mine are tobacco-flavored (as well as being maximum strength)... why would I pay for something that doesn't taste like it should?

Here's the thing: Back many moons ago, someone had the bright idea that there was a demon hiding inside cigarettes, so we went on a national quest to eradicate them from existence... which didn't work. Then someone came up with the idea that inhaling an artificial product was superior to inhaling a little smoke from a natural leaf. Now we find out that, duh, some people are making new juices that have THC in them, at home or in a shed somewhere, with little to no understanding of the chemistry involved, and people are getting sick from them. Who'da thunk it?

Just anyone with two functional neurons to rub together.

We need to get out of this idea that it is somehow our duty in life to decide what others are and are not allowed to do. Legalize the THC, legalize the pot once and for all, stop crying because someone smokes, quit worrying about someone vaping, and lay off the regulations. We have people in this country who are going off the deep end and shooting up places... regular weekend massacres in our larger cities (Hello Chicago)... literal coup attempts in the government... North Korea and Iran itching for a chance to blow us off the face of the map... and we're up in arms over who is breathing vapors from a burning leaf or making something that does the same thing as smoking vapors from a burning leaf?

I use vapes for one specific purpose... to not have to beat the holy hairspray out of the head and shoulders of some self-righteous, overbearing busybody who probably doesn't have the good sense to tie their own shoes without instructions on a much too regular basis. Take them away, and I (along with millions of others) will no longer be able to avoid those situations.

That's not a threat. It's a statement. It's also why I keep and bear arms. Leave my smokes alone.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
ive done some decent research into e-cigs and the juices people make. mostly to save myself money. after digging into it and really looking into the flavoring companies, i found that many if not most people were using flavorings that were never intended to be inhaled. the flavoring manufacturer does a complete breakdown on every chemical they produce with the proper usage of that chemical. there does need to be some sort of regulation to ensure that people arent using these harmful chemicals in the juice they sell. when it comes to the actual vape pens and custom mods people use there are also issues. many of the metal coils contain nickel which around 15% of the population is allergic to. theres a slew of other metals u should never inhale that are used aswell. then theres also ceramic heating elements and the studies that had been done on those showed microscopic particles were breaking off and being inhaled. the propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin has been used within the medical industry for inhalers and other devices for decades so im not too worried about those. in my case i never used any flavorings in my juice i made simply to eliminate as many possible unknown side effects. im not sure i agree with an outright ban but something needs to be done to get these irresponsible companies under control.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I am against all drug laws (concerning adults), including e-cigarettes.
great, now go down to my local park and tell that to the crack heads sitting on the swing set.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

"well but"

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien

Where the F is this "mold" growth that you keep talking about ? .... the human body is not a dry sack, including your normal set of lungs. There is liquid everywhere including the air you breathe every day, heck go to a tropical country where its 100% humidity and you are basically breathing in wet steam.

Do some darn research and stop making stuff up.

And it seems dry smoke does not adhere to the walls of the lungs like a liquid vapor does.

It's so early in its stages. You will see.

Humidity does not have chemicals that are heated up.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Not that it will make a difference - As the fix may already be in, probably caused by not enough people dying off
from traditional cigarettes and 'they' want prople to go back to smoking the cancer sticks of the past.

But someone started a campaign to send the facts to the White house - It goes like this:

"On behalf of almost 14,000 American vapor business owners, more than 87,000 American vapor workers, and the 13 million adult consumers they serve who use flavored vapor products, I am asking you NOT to implement a federal flavor ban on vapor products. A ban on flavored vapor products will devastate more than 11,000 small businesses nationwide and result in tens of thousands of people laid off. The Made in America flavored vapor industry is larger than concrete industry and larger than the iron and steel forging industry. The vapor industry has a total economic impact of $24 Billion on the U.S. economy ā€“ all of which is hanging in the balance as you consider this action which will wipe that out. The vast majority of vapers are adults who successfully quit (or are trying to quit) cigarettes with the assistance of vapor products by relying on a variety of flavor options like fruit flavors ā€“ but not tobacco flavor. And, there is plenty of research and survey data that shows that flavors keep smokers from turning back to deadly cigarettes. It is already illegal for teens to purchase vapor products. And, there are many other steps we can take to limit teen use of vapor products including stricter marketing standards and stronger enforcement of the laws already on the books. But, banning these products for adults will only hurt the U.S. economy and send millions of adults back to smoking cigarettes or to the black market. Additionally, deadly combustible cigarettes will still be available on the open market and left untouched. Researchers say that flavored vapor products truly represent a safer alternative to cigarettes. E-cigarettes are at least 95% safer than cigarettes according to the Royal College of Physicians. In Feb. 2019 the New England Journal of Medicine published a study which concluded vapor products are twice as effective helping smokers quit than traditional cessation methods like nicotine gum or patch. Georgetown University public health experts conclude that switching to e-cigarettes would save between 1.6 and 6.6 million lives over the next 10 years. The American Cancer Societyā€™s Public Health Statement on Eliminating Combustible Tobacco Use in the United States stated, ā€œswitching to the exclusive use of e-cigarettes is preferable to continuing to smoke combustible products.ā€ There has been no indication that industry standard nicotine-containing vapor products are to blame for recent cases of lung illness. In fact, FDA investigators found that black market THC were likely the cause. A flavor ban is a terrible idea that would be devastating to all the growing small businesses dedicated to helping their customers quit deadly cigarettes. Please consider these businesses and all Americans desperately trying to quit and change course. Please do NOT implement a federal flavor ban on vapor products."

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hand Wringing Moralistic Jerkoff Andy Cuomo Moves to Ban Flavored Vaping Products

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join