It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK civil war?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
How is "Defend Democracy" and "Stop Brexit" on the same sign???

and...

The 'we didn't vote for Boris' argument seems so strong amongst remainers - do they think they voted for Juncker???
edit on 2-9-2019 by Loque76 because: edit

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I want to remain in britain

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

nah , not in Scotland mate

yeh there will be Loyalists / Unionists , who will fight against Republicans because of Ireland / Northern Ireland and the possibility of a hard border
they have been fighting in Scotland over this for 300+ years , so nothing new there .

These groups are minorities in Scotland.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow
a reply to: Xabi87

Gosh I hope that doesn't happen 😨😨😨
Would you be prepared to riot like that to stop Brexit???!

To stop it? Nah, to make sure it goes through... maybe.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

I imagine to myself that there is more chance of rioting if we don't leave than if we do. The Remainers are loudest shouting right now but if we crash out on Halloween I think they'll just protest for a bit and just suck it up.
I voted remain but accept the vote, anything other than leaving the EU is the talk of traitors in my humble opinion.
Leave means leave 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 We can and will survive, and I'm actually excited for the free UK with all the opportunities which can be had 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well when you consider 48% of the nation to be traitors, something is very wrong indeed.

Think about that just for a moment, just because people share a difference of opinion does not make them traitors.

If we leave the EU the price may well be the break up of the UK.

There are no Traitors, or if there is, its the politicians not the people.
edit on 2-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But we lost the vote 😖
I accepted it even knowing that no deal could be a consequence. The majority spoke so I run with them now, I cannot do otherwise because I believed in that referendum, democracy, I read all the doom about no deal published by the Remain campaign, which is why I voted remain, but I lost so support the wish of the winners excited for our new future.
Maybe traitor is too strong, but I am drawn towards the label if the democratic vote is denied, what's the point of referendums if we don't respect the result? 🇬🇧 😀

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Got to do what you feel i suppose.

Point is the majority of Scotland and Ireland voted to remain.

And in the grand scheme of things, referendum wise our votes count for very little, to next to nothing.

We get to play checkers whilst they get to play chess.

End of the day though we are still all people stuck on the same island.

And after the 31st the division will still be rather palpable.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

End of the day though we are still all people stuck on the same island.

Yes 👍 and I hope we stay friends, no violence, no riots, no civil war, unity with our new reality dealing with the world as a united kingdom ❤️
If we don't though I still have to run with the decision made by my constituent nation of the UK, I have to, otherwise I must deny democracy 😢

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm in Glasgow anyway.

Riots up here would amount to us crapping on our own doorstep, and as well all ken, thats just stupid.

As long as the supermarkets and medical supplies stay stocked, people probably won't riot.

Take away their toys, food, or create a queue thus panic demand and that story might change all the same.

End of the day democracy is simply a prison where we cannot see the bars, non the less the best system of governance we have yet to devise, or so im lead to believe.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The possible outcomes are scary though, this is like the biggest constitutional thing in all our lifetimes, many many people are and will be angry whatever happens, I just hope for the best and that as people sharing the islands we can find peace with ourselves and each other ❤️

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Aye well, no point in spoiling the weans Halloween over spilled Brexit i suppose.

The people are at peace, and when or if that changes it's the politicians and their ilk they will be after.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
civil war give me a break

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

I don't think we are going to run out of Kit Kats, so probably be ok there.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
break me off a piece!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

But we lost the vote 😖
I accepted it even knowing that no deal could be a consequence. The majority spoke so I run with them now, I cannot do otherwise because I believed in that referendum, democracy, I read all the doom about no deal published by the Remain campaign, which is why I voted remain, but I lost so support the wish of the winners excited for our new future.
Maybe traitor is too strong, but I am drawn towards the label if the democratic vote is denied, what's the point of referendums if we don't respect the result? 🇬🇧 😀

You do note that the only people who described the nightmarish no deal scenario was the actual remain side, every leave talking head promised a deal of sorts up until, just days ago.
The new prime minister stated leaving on no deal was a million to one just after he took the job.
Brexit voters don't like facts pointed out to them, pointing out that they now claim they wanted no deal all along, what they still call project fear, upsets them as it makes them sound stupid.
So, with new facts on the table what's wrong with another democratic vote?

Team brexit would have to admit what they call project fear is what they now want, the likes of mogg have stated 50 years minimum of hardship for us minions, Project Yellowhammer, the best case scenario for leaving would have to be truthfully explained along with, the richest wanting to avoid the new EU tax laws which in no way helps the working class.
Maybes these things aren't great vote winners, maybe that's why team brexit are so against another democratic vote?

£350 million a week to the NHS, the entire population of Turkey moving to Britain, Westminster being a Mosque amongst other crazy claims may have won votes last time but, now with all exposed as not being true lots of people should have changed their mind.

If the country still backs the elites, the owners of the ritz hotel who own the telegraph and spectator, rupert murdoch, the mail, the express and the likes of farage spouting constant lies on the BBC unabated, so be it at least the masses would know what they were voting for.

The boris promise of Canada plus plus plus, farages promises of a Norwegian deal and david dave davis promised Swiss style deal would be out of the window, a WTO border with Ireland and scrapping of the Good Friday agreement thanks to our hard border, the mass return of battery chickens, dodgy pesticides, loss of jobs and hardship for the poor while the richest can live in a new tax haven would be the new leave platform

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

What i know is that people are wondering what happens next on all sides.

It's i mess i know that.

What they have to clean up remains to be seen, but its probably in the post.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

[/
But we lost the vote 😖

Hard to believe isn't it that there are still people trying to overturn the

result /smh Sore losers!!

Onward and upward ......as someone once said ....."Things can only

get better!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: justwokeup

Democracy is when the voice of nations is heard. As I said two nations within the UK voted to stay in Europe. A voice that through your reply would prefer to remain unheard. That is not democracy.

Scotland is not an independent nation. It's a constituent part of the United Kingdom and is bound by the decisions taken by the United Kingdom. It confirmed that electorally a few years ago.

If Scotland wishes it can have another indyref and choose to leave the UK to either stand alone or be absorbed into the EU.

I think that's so unlikely to be laughable. I don't even think there's appetite to go through the trauma of another hate filled indyref, outside the scotnat hardcore.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So people exercise their democratic right to free speech and right to protest and suddenly it's CIVIL WAR!

Get a grip.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join