It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK civil war?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

So because they weren't old enough to legally vote then, they dont have the right to moan about something that will affect their future?

So in order to raise your voice about injustice you need to be legally allowed to do so ?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

So because they weren't old enough to legally vote then, they dont have the right to moan about something that will affect their future?

So in order to raise your voice about injustice you need to be legally allowed to do so ?

They're allowed opinions. But if they weren't of legal age during the referendum, why are they trying to block brexit? Do their opinions count for more than those who DEMOCRATICALLY and LEGALLY voted to leave?

Nope.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Aye coz austerities going away after Brexit.

Maybe the recession thats about to materialize will wash it away eh?

Coz the Tories sure wont, that a given.

The only thing Brexit will wash away is poor peoples lives and the NHS.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Their futures count for more put it that way.

Because, quite simply, our children and young adults, are our future!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Look at the long game. There are several other countries on the verge of walking away from the EU they’re just watching what happens to the uk. If more countries leave the euro will fall in value which would be good for the uk. There are many trade deals waiting for the uk. Don’t believe all the doom and gloom from the remainders the uk is on the verge of changing Europe a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

brexit was the tories plan , so if its more financial losses then like austerity , we wont have funds for social services and will likely lead to more deaths.

Was it? Do you not remember that David Cameron, who brought the referendum about when PM (mostly because the Tories were concerned about the popularity of UKIP) was an ardent Remainer?

What do the Tories have to gain from austerity? it does not exactly make money for them, quite the opposite.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SARcrew

The doom and gloom is rather self-apparent.

Ile believe medical health care professionals, doctors, nurses, social workers, and police, before ile place my faith in the likes of over-privileged Tory scum with an agenda to satisfy and axe to grind against the poor.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Our future is in the hands of a bunch of snowflakes? We are screwed, then.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

We made them that way if they are such.

The information age they were born into did not help much.

Send them out to play and it somewhat knocks the snowflake out them.

But they need somewhere to go and something to do rather than run around stabbing one another for kudos because all the community centers dont exist anymore and there is mass unemployment all over the shop.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I thought the evil Tory scum sent them all up the chimneys?

Mass unemployment? Only in your head:

www.gov.uk...

We actually have record employment levels at the moment.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Not in a lot of the areas where child poverty is concerned through.

Those places are falling apart at the seams.

There's not mass record employment in those areas.

And it not like the kids or their families can just up sticks and move from the housing schemes to Tracy Mays Green and pleasant fields.
edit on 3-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Does it matter if they weren't then but are legally allowed to vote now ?

Anyway just because we have a supposed democracy , doesn't mean that everything it does is always right
so anyone of any age should be able to make noise or complain about something that will negatively impact their lives if they feel it does.

otherwise we'd just have dictatorships all the time because you are only allowed to complain if you are legally allowed to vote during the time period that this was happening in .

Aye ok !

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Our future is in the hands of a bunch of snowflakes? We are screwed, then.

Aww booo hoo , our future is in the hands of snowflakes says an auld snowflake who doesnt like young snowflakes being in control

hahahah , come on man thats just as bad as them complaining about stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

We’re not that bad off
www.facebook.com...
Hope the link works . The initial uk decline in exports I would put down to a failing aero industry at the time

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Few posts up , some doctor is saying Brexit will cause deaths, Tories say the doctor is full of pish

I suspect no-one knows for definite exactly what will happen come Brexit but the doom mongers have been pretty wide of the mark so far.

Brexit will likely cause financial uncertainty and most likely cost the UK money

There's always 'financial uncertainty', that's the nature of the beast and whether we stay in the EU, leave with a deal or leave without a deal the same usual suspects will probably make a financial killing out of it and its the little people who will pay for it one way or another.
Only a whole scale reform will change that and unfortunately it seems the people aren't ready for that hence wanting to maintain the status quo etc.

and I was highlighting how the tories austerity policies have already been linked to deaths.

Without a doubt.

brexit was the tories plan , .....

Err....I don't agree with that, that's why The Tory Party is so divided.

Austerity is/was the pursuit of a political ideology wrapped up and spun as financial necessity.
It was devised and implemented by the governing Conservative Party and had almost unanimous support throughout the whole of the party.

Brexit is the support for leaving the EU.
Brexit has cross party support as has support for Remaining in the EU.

Many of austerity's biggest supporters and architects passionately oppose Brexit.

This cross party support/opposition to Brexit reflects real life.
I know pro/anti Brexit supporters who support and oppose forced austerity.

Personally I fiercely oppose austerity and see it as a needless and particularly vindictive policy that deliberately targets the most vulnerable and needy in our society all in an attempt to demonise all benefit recipients.
I also think its part of a plan to take us back to some sort of Victorianesque society.

Yet as you are more than aware I am passionate supporter of Brexit.

Linking the two is highly inaccurate.

....so if its more financial losses then like austerity , we wont have funds for social services

It's disgraceful that after all this austerity Boris Johnson has miraculously found money to fund all these improvements to schools, police numbers etc.
Of course there's money, there always has been.

All these politicians playing politics with this country's future really makes me want to vomit.

If only we didn't have the option choosing between incompetents and thoroughly unsuitable I would grudgingly accept that we needed a General Election.
If there was any sort of reasonable deal on the table I'd also grudgingly support a second referendum with Deal or No Deal as the options.

As it stands I can't support anything.....our politicians and the political system they seek to maintain are/is an absolute disgrace.

We need urgent and radical reform!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

At least I'm not an old Scottish snowflake......

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I #ing hate snowflakes and hipsters etc.

But to say they shouldn't have a voice or an opinion is ridiculous.

Of course they should....when I was that age I had a burning rage and an opinion on everything......40 odd years later and I still have!

We want our youth to think and challenge and question.....we just don't want their opinion based purely on pc dogma and hyper sensitivities.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Yes mate, record employment levels.....and how many are being paid a pathetic wage?

A fair days pay for a fair days work shouldn't be too much to ask for.

But I think we are digressing slightly.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Digressing?

Naw mate, that's the nail right on the head, and the reason 20% of people exist in abject poverty.

Christ, 70% of children growing up in poverty live in a household where at least one person works!

And they canny make enough to live ffs???!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Does it matter if they weren't then but are legally allowed to vote now ?

Anyway just because we have a supposed democracy , doesn't mean that everything it does is always right
so anyone of any age should be able to make noise or complain about something that will negatively impact their lives if they feel it does.

otherwise we'd just have dictatorships all the time because you are only allowed to complain if you are legally allowed to vote during the time period that this was happening in .

Aye ok !

I don't quite think you're getting what I'm saying.

I'm not saying they can't have opinions. What I am saying is, their opinions should come second to the vote the UK made in the referendum. That hasn't yet been carried out. And for people to scream because they "lost" or weren't able to vote is ridiculous. Any other vote for say, a new government, is always upheld. And people don't kick and scream, suspending it multiple times.

Listen to the people who voted first. That's all I'm saying. And that means, carry our Brexit.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join