It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK civil war?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Heres the results of the EU referendum area by area if it helps.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 1-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: justwokeup

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Democacy is allowing nations that remained to stay in Europe being allowed to stay. Ie Scotland and N.I

Scotland voted to remain part of the United Kingdom. Then the United Kingdom including Scots voters voted majority to Leave the EU.

There is a demonstrated majority in Scotland for both staying in the UK and the EU.

Actually you're wrong on the latter point, there's a demonstrated majority for leaving the EU.

Within the UK as an entity you are correct.

Within Scotland alone as an entity what I wrote is correct, based on votes cast.

What I take issue with is the contention among some that Scots would given the choice leave the union to stay in the EU. That leaving the EU means the end of the UK. I see no evidence to support that.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

Democracy is when the voice of nations is heard. As I said two nations within the UK voted to stay in Europe. A voice that through your reply would prefer to remain unheard. That is not democracy.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It isn't Democracy if you think the two regions who voted remain should get to remain even though two nations also voted to leave.

Or when of the 381 voting areas in Great Britain and Gibraltar and the 18 Northern Ireland parliamentary constituencies, a total of 270 returned majority votes in favour of "Leave the European Union", while 129 returned majority votes in favour of "Remain a member of the European Union", including all 32 voting areas in Scotland. -wiki

The majority in a democratic vote voted to leave. The Majority of the constituencies also voted to leave.
Unfortunately for the remainers the majority wins in a Democracy.

It's this sort of mess why the US is a proportional representative government.
edit on 1-9-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Democracy is when the voice of nations is heard. As I said two nations within the UK voted to stay in Europe. A voice that through your reply would prefer to remain unheard. That is not democracy.

We are the U.K. the united kingdom of four nations

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

We are the U.K. the united kingdom of four nations

More like the un-United Kingdom...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Give them time

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

I think we are safe enough.

Short of Allah turning up with the ultimate Brexit solution and bursting Doris's snib.

Sharia Law does not really have a dog in this fight.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
The Brexit vote is mostly a vote against change.

Really?.....or simply supposition on your part. When were you last in the UK?

It is based on fear.

Fear of WHAT?..... Not against change, it is because we want change we are

leaving.

The remain vote is mostly a vote in favour of change. It is based on hope. Hence younger people and smarter people have voted 'remain'. They see that being part of the EU guarantees continuous positive change: it is the track record of the EU that convinced them, not the fear-mongering of older right-wing folks that want to go back in time and re-establish the long dead Victorian empire.

WRONG, remain vote is a status quo..... It is the leave vote in favour of change.

Younger is not always smarter, they have no life's experience, and very few are

remotely interested in the political scene, I can think of at least half a dozen

who intended to vote but voting was going to encroach on their social lives......

empty headed, not so smart!!

(I see the German hard right are making inroads)

Brexiteers are often typical Geoff and Judy types that sit in a pub on a Sunday afternoon, discussing the nature of foreigners and their disgust for them. The more they paint a black picture of others, the better they look themselves. They have a strong opinion and they are, of course, 'right, as anybody that has half a brain can see'. And they are right: anybody that has half a brain can see that, but those of us with fully functioning brains find that rather hard. Especially when we note that these foreigners don't even live in the hamlet of Ilfreycombenshire where that pub sits. Nor for 20 miles around.
And with the same simple logic that reduces the complexity of an atomic bomb to that of a firecracker, they were given a chance to vote: remain or leave? Given that they can't believe that it migh be the British themselves that are the root cause for whatever real or imagined problems they have with foreigners, it MUST be the EU, and given the simple choice "against or for" they voted against. Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt.

Full marks for your vivid imagination of the people of the UK but I personally

know of no Geofs and Judys living the lives you describe, along with fear,

anxiety and doubt./smh.

perhaps the best thing to do is simply wait. Leaving the EU is against what the majority of the younger people want, and they will be in charge 10 years from now. I would not be surprised, if I'm still around by then, to see the UK re-enter the EU.

Much supposition on your part about what the majority of younger people want

makes me wonder just how many you actually know?

And yes in ten years time they may be in charge ...... but they will be ten years

wiser too, so no chance of re entering the EU, ( IF IT STILL EXISTS)

Thanks for the laughs!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Did Tubbs do right types you mean?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Yes ,. Words are the " New Weapons " . Report the News > Better to Create and Control it ...........Fiction you Say ? ....Hmm...

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
The Brexit vote is mostly a vote against change.

Really?.....or simply supposition on your part. When were you last in the UK?

It is based on fear.

Fear of WHAT?..... Not against change, it is because we want change we are

leaving.

The remain vote is mostly a vote in favour of change. It is based on hope. Hence younger people and smarter people have voted 'remain'. They see that being part of the EU guarantees continuous positive change: it is the track record of the EU that convinced them, not the fear-mongering of older right-wing folks that want to go back in time and re-establish the long dead Victorian empire.

WRONG, remain vote is a status quo..... It is the leave vote in favour of change.

Younger is not always smarter, they have no life's experience, and very few are

remotely interested in the political scene, I can think of at least half a dozen

who intended to vote but voting was going to encroach on their social lives......

empty headed, not so smart!!

(I see the German hard right are making inroads)

Brexiteers are often typical Geoff and Judy types that sit in a pub on a Sunday afternoon, discussing the nature of foreigners and their disgust for them. The more they paint a black picture of others, the better they look themselves. They have a strong opinion and they are, of course, 'right, as anybody that has half a brain can see'. And they are right: anybody that has half a brain can see that, but those of us with fully functioning brains find that rather hard. Especially when we note that these foreigners don't even live in the hamlet of Ilfreycombenshire where that pub sits. Nor for 20 miles around.
And with the same simple logic that reduces the complexity of an atomic bomb to that of a firecracker, they were given a chance to vote: remain or leave? Given that they can't believe that it migh be the British themselves that are the root cause for whatever real or imagined problems they have with foreigners, it MUST be the EU, and given the simple choice "against or for" they voted against. Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt.

Full marks for your vivid imagination of the people of the UK but I personally

know of no Geofs and Judys living the lives you describe, along with fear,

anxiety and doubt./smh.

perhaps the best thing to do is simply wait. Leaving the EU is against what the majority of the younger people want, and they will be in charge 10 years from now. I would not be surprised, if I'm still around by then, to see the UK re-enter the EU.

Much supposition on your part about what the majority of younger people want

makes me wonder just how many you actually know?

And yes in ten years time they may be in charge ...... but they will be ten years

wiser too, so no chance of re entering the EU, ( IF IT STILL EXISTS)

Thanks for the laughs!!!!

It’s going to be a bloody awful mess Eletheia and you know it.

Both sides lied their arses off at the beginning of this poo fest in order to get the best votes from the common people.

BOTH SIDES...

I left the UK back in 1989 as an active young person and moved abroad to France... Still here now and feel more French...

France as you know are pretty well involved right now with what is going on with the Brexit situation as the French Gvt has been actively involved in Europe since before WW2 (Google or Duck Dick are your friends)

I’m knocking on with my age and follow evolution in a mellow (I hope) way.

And why do you have to SCREAM certain words?

Kindest regards

Lags
edit on 2-9-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I hate Skreeeeeeeeemers.... bloody irritating... They are like gnats:

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Well you can't make an omlette without breaking eggs! and papering over cracks

doesn't make for a good job.

And why do you have to SCREAM certain words?s

Emphasis

special importance, value, or prominence given to something.

I type as I speak?

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Well you can't make an omlette without breaking eggs! and papering over cracks

doesn't make for a good job.

And why do you have to SCREAM certain words?s

Emphasis

special importance, value, or prominence given to something.

I type as I speak?

Depends if you are good enough when it comes to cooking.

I type as I speak... Now where is that Bacon sandwich woman!?

Hurry up... I am hungry woman...

“Good old Yorkshire humour...”

Regards and get a fun life...

Lags
edit on 2-9-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Get a life misery guts...

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 2-9-2019 by Xabi87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's amazing how well our government have dumbed people down in this country since 2011. These #ty peaceful "protests" will get # all done.

This is what we need to happen:

But it will never happen because everyone is too soft these days, government got us all trained very well.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

Gosh I hope that doesn't happen 😨😨😨
Would you be prepared to riot like that to stop Brexit???!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow
Thanks for the replies 😍
Has anyone seen this, I know different reasons but tensions seem to rising, roll on winter, we only riot when its warm 😂

Riot police, mounted officers, a helicopter and dog units were called in following an Irish Unity march and counter protest in Glasgow
www.bbc.co.uk... 😟

that # happens all the time in glasgow , nothing new there !, just down the road from my house

But cmon tae # , who in the council or police allowed a Irish Unification march , the day before the Old Firm between rangers and celtic , and allow the march to go through Govan , of all places!

Thats asking for trouble

Anyway , nothing new here , this # happens all the time in glasgow and is only carried out by absolute bigots
edit on 2-9-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

No chance of this post Brexit then??? 😱😱😱

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join