It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Gilroy Garlic Festival

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellmutt

originally posted by: TheRedneck

There's your problem. Now, how do we go about solving it? How do we regain the civilization we have lost?

Get rid of the partisan bullshit propaganda. It brainwashes people and make them angry. It's designed to divide people and make them angry. This might accumulate over time in some people, and then a small spark could set off an explosion if they are already unstable. The spark could be i.e. a lost job, a partner/lover or whatever. This propaganda has always been there, more or less I guess, but it's even more present today with social media.

Its super prevalent now.......I dont even watch news channels anymore, but I do see news agencies on my feed, and the headlines are CONSTANTLY talking about how horrible and heartless and nasty conservatives are.......continually bashing on the President, or on conservatvies in general........

What do you think that is fomenting?

Meanwhile we have groups like ANtifa going unchecked and un-policed in places, while they are able to commit arson, larcony and assault on people whole sale, and the LOCAL GOV PROTECTS them........even telling the police to stand down.......

I live in the Pacific North West, ive seen it with my own eyes........

So yeah youre right.........they are definitely pushing the divide, and they are doing all they can to push the other side to react in violence so that they can feel justified in their reaction to report to the masses.........

The problem with that is, they dont understand how much of the population sees what they are doing.......
edit on 7/29/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If you think about what you said then you realize that you did. You seem to have said if he attacked those people with a knife then he wouldn't have been a coward but because he used a gun then he is a coward which is the same as saying people that use guns are cowards.

You didn't make him out to be a gutless coward because of the attack but because of the weapon.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well to start with we try and help those falling through the cracks, that would be a start.

We have agreement.

As far as the rest of the nutters go I'm at a loss, there are over 7 billion of us on this planet and basic math tells us more people = more nutjobs.

But why should the percentage of nutjobs increase? We used to handle those fairly well... some would say cruelly, but I say it is crueler to let someone with that kind of murderous propensity wander the streets preying on the innocent.

Regardless though the reason we don't see as many mass shootings in other western countries purely comes down to access to weapons, we have just as many nutters as you guys do.

I disagree. Not sure where you're at, but there simply has to be more to do with it that just the same old cry of "ban the guns!" Our 2nd Amendment is not the only thing that sets us apart, and it has worked quite well for over 200 out of the 234 years we have existed.

I just had a hard drive try and fail in this laptop. Now, it would have been much easier to just throw the thing out the nearest window and refuse to ever get another computer because something went wrong, but I chose a different route: I got a new drive and cloned it over before it could completely fail. That's why I am able to converse with you now. The point is that just because something that has worked for a long time suddenly goes awry, it does not mean we should always simply throw it away. Things can be fixed. We just have to find out what the underlying issue is first. Replacing the battery on my laptop might have been easier than replacing a hard drive, but it wouldn't have fixed the problem either.

BTW, your location is confusing the devil out of me. It says "Paradise" but I don't think you actually are in Alabama...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well I guess we expect a whole lot more people to get bullet holes from psychopaths on the high ground looking for easy targets.

I agree to a point however the tool is important , for example if I'm cutting wood with a hand saw it's a hell of a lot slower than with a chainsaw, can you see where I'm coming from here?

And if you dont have a wood saw youll use a handsaw if youre determined to cut that wood..........

Right but I can cut down 30 trees with a chainsaw in same time you could cut down 1 tree with a handsaw

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Who remembers when we DIDNT have advertisements for drugs, where the laundry list didnt include suicide, thoughts of suicide, or harm to others.......

I do, and I think that would be a good place to start: ban all commercials for non-OTC drugs. If there is a restriction on who can purchase a product, it should not be able to be advertised to the general public. Tobacco is restricted to those over a certain age, and tobacco advertisements are banned. So why are dangerous drugs allowed to be advertised in between re-runs of "Hee-Haw"?

It might not stop all of the problem, but it certainly wouldn't hurt it either... and would likely reduce the population's dependency on powerful drugs and the ailments that come with it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: madmac5150

I respect you came back to say that.

I don't. Kind regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're a very likeable redneck, come here one day I will show you why I think it's paradise.

I think the increase in nutters is purely to do with increased population and the density of it, I can't help but think of that rat experiments and how the close civilisation caused them to, well fail.

Guns are not the problem, people are. We just have a situation here where people don't have such easy access to these weapons, now what I'm saying is I think we would have more mass shootings here in this country if the nutters simply had the right kind of weapons available to them quickly and easily.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

Get rid of the partisan bull# propaganda.

Agreed, but how do we do that? I don't even know where it is coming from... there have been political disagreements centered around party lines since I can remember... but never to this degree.

Social media may have a lot to do with it. I remember when I was young, and we learned very quickly to respect others. If you were talking to someone, it was either in person, whereby their fist could make contact with your face should you say something disrespectful, or by phone, and long distance was so expensive back then that whoever you were talking to was a 30 minute drive from finding you. Serious school issues were playing hookey and smoking in the bathroom.

Today? The fool on Twitter could be sitting halfway around the world. You couldn't find them even if you could get to them! The result is that we have lost that basic respect that comes from massaging a fist with your face a few times when you are young. Today, the serious school issues are mass shootings.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If you think about what you said then you realize that you did. You seem to have said if he attacked those people with a knife then he wouldn't have been a coward but because he used a gun then he is a coward which is the same as saying people that use guns are cowards.

You didn't make him out to be a gutless coward because of the attack but because of the weapon.

OK I understand now, that's not my point.

My point is that the kind of person that shoots up a garlic festival with a gun from a distance is a coward, I'm saying that coward wouldn't have done it without stealth and distance.

Military men are hard, not only that but they have balls of steel. Even though I'm against modern military intervention I can appreciate the commitment and honor that comes with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Antifa are acting like fascist, while saying they want to kill fascists. They are dangerous, saying it's ok to use violence against a certain group of people they are labeling as "fascists". More and more people are being labeled as the "enemy". And they can't seem to see the danger in their ways and actions. Hitler would've loved them. However, there's propaganda left and right. And there are dangerous angry people left and right. Ticking timebombs ready to blow.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Well I guess we expect a whole lot more people to get bullet holes from psychopaths on the high ground looking for easy targets.

I agree to a point however the tool is important , for example if I'm cutting wood with a hand saw it's a hell of a lot slower than with a chainsaw, can you see where I'm coming from here?

And if you dont have a wood saw youll use a handsaw if youre determined to cut that wood..........

Right but I can cut down 30 trees with a chainsaw in same time you could cut down 1 tree with a handsaw

And I can stab many more people in a group with a knife without people being alerted than I can once the first shot from my side arm rings out........

We can do this all day, its the same argument from some of you, but the logic just isnt there......

Youre comparing treating symptoms of the disease instead of actually addressing a cure.......

We could "manage" polio and its debilitation...........or address the actual cause and cure it.........which worked out?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

However, there's propaganda left and right. And there are dangerous angry people left and right. Ticking timebombs ready to blow.

Which is why I like living in a society where access to military style weaponry is a rarity, it still happens just not as much.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Antifa are acting like fascist, while saying they want to kill fascists. They are dangerous, saying it's ok to use violence against a certain group of people they are labeling as "fascists". More and more people are being labeled as the "enemy". And they can't seem to see the danger in their ways and actions. Hitler would've loved them. However, there's propaganda left and right. And there are dangerous angry people left and right. Ticking timebombs ready to blow.

They are fascists, I think they actually know it, or at least those that lead and fund them........recruiting useful idiots and drag alongs looking for a "cause".

There are dangerous people left and right and , I argue, that certain pwerful groups are betting on which side starts the shooting first......

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I believe it's important to use facts and strike down the lies. I see so much lies coming from both sides. But no one seems to care about the lies if it's coming from their own side.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

However, there's propaganda left and right. And there are dangerous angry people left and right. Ticking timebombs ready to blow.

Which is why I like living in a society where access to military style weaponry is a rarity, it still happens just not as much.

And I still argue its the armed society thats the polite one............

Hence the reason they havent moved into my area Boise, which is an open carry state, or places like Arizona and Texas.....

And even when they do crop up a bit, they dont dare show violence like they do in places like California, Washington and Portland......

Do you think thats a coincidence?

Oh we had a few here in Boise last year, a small group, talking tough, but right next to them were right to carry people at the capital, and they didnt escalate their yelling past that.......
edit on 7/29/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I appreciate what your saying however I just don't agree. The saw analogy is pretty simple, your argument makes no sense, we're not talking about you personally were talking about people in general.

The same argument you say, yeah go look in the mirror.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The unprovoked attack on unarmed citizens is sick but if he had done it with a knife he would have been a moron.

The problem with these sickos isn't their weaponry it's their frame of mind. I would never expect them to be stupid in their attacks regardless of the laws. They seem to be ready to die in order to make a point or statement. I can hate on them for what they do but calling them cowards seems counter-intuitive.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

And I still argue its the armed society thats the polite one............

There's is nothing polite about the society you live in. Jesus are you living under a rock, did you miss the fight at Disney land the other day, cmom man you're better than this.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The unprovoked attack on unarmed citizens is sick but if he had done it with a knife he would have been a moron.

The problem with these sickos isn't their weaponry it's their frame of mind. I would never expect them to be stupid in their attacks regardless of the laws. They seem to be ready to die in order to make a point or statement. I can hate on them for what they do but calling them cowards seems counter-intuitive.

Now we're finding some common ground, as you say it would have been stupid to have tried what he did with a knife, so without the gun chances are it would not have happened.
edit on 29-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I know someone who is antifa. They really do hate nazis. The problem is they can't see that they are actually acting like fascists by using violence. And they often label everyone who disagrees with them as nazis. A dangerous path. I do believe you're right about their leaders or funders knowing what they're doing, and using useful idiots for their agenda.

edit to add: They even asked me to join them. I didn't say yes or no, but explained to them what I've said here. I hope they'll wake up!
edit on Mon 29 Jul 2019 by Hellmutt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join