It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Gilroy Garlic Festival

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have lost three immediate members of my family to drugs... my uncle died many years ago after going in for surgery to repair some internal injuries. He came home and was never the same. He went in a proud, strong man that would fight a circle saw in hell with a switch, and came out an empty shell. I still believe it was the medication. I recently had an episode with beta blockers that was doing the same thing to me.

My aunt worked hard every day of her long life as the wife of a farmer, until the day she hurt her back and went to the doctor with it. A year later she was dead. What officially killed her? Complications of renal failure, something she had never experienced until she went to the doctor. Every time I spoke to her, she would tell me about how they kept having to change her medication because the side effects were as deadly as what they were trying to treat.

My mother had her own pharmacy... literally! Bags and bags of medication, most of it to combat effects of other medication. So much medication that she literally wasted away, unable to fight for her own life any more.

I had a quintuple bypass about a year ago... they prescribed medication of course. Over the past year, I have taken myself off all of the medicines except the aspirin a day... and if skipping it dodn't cause some worrisome discomfort, I wouldn't take it. Heck, I have a script for hydrocodone and a supply right here, but I never took a single one. I'm still here.

If "normal" drugs do that much damage, now tell me again why we are prescribing mood-altering drugs left and right?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I appreciate what your saying however I just don't agree. The saw analogy is pretty simple, your argument makes no sense, we're not talking about you personally were talking about people in general.

The same argument you say, yeah go look in the mirror.

You dont have to agree and I respect that........but what does "looking in the mirror" have to do with anything? are you suggesting something?

No not at all, I was responding in kind to your comment about " it's the same argument from some of you ".

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

a reply to: zatara

yep , its your job to protect you and your own......cops are damage control and to help AFTER the fact.......its your job

Sure I go find the shooter and throw him with garlic or with my breath to death. No I, we run..

Anways..if they have one shooter down it will not take lng to find his friend by ascociation.

edit on 29/7/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There's a common theme going on here you guys keep talking to me about gun control yet I haven't said a word about gun control.

Gun control isn't the answer, i covered that in my very first post to you in this thread, as I said the genie is out of the bottle and ain't getting back in.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Compassion required. One life lost is one too many lives lost. One injury is one too many injuries.

There is something terribly wrong in this country, and I don't know exactly what it is. What goes through someone's mind when they decide to do this? My gut instinct says maybe he just wanted to kill people out of general anger, but anger at what? A run-in with a rude cop? Getting fired? A mean social media post? Car broke down? Ran out of booze?

Those are silly reasons, but I cannot think of a non-silly reason for anyone to do this. There was something mentally wrong with him... seriously mentally wrong. Fox is reporting that he simply unloaded into a crowd, and was "quiet and deliberate." How does that thought enter the mind of someone who is functional in society? I mean, I get angry sometimes... steam out of the ears type angry... capable of doing bad things type angry. I think everyone has at some point. But never, ever, have I been so angry that I wanted to shoot up random people. That just doesn't make any sense.

That's just... demonic...

TheRedneck

Yep and it seems to be getting worse. Our collective and individual mental health is in serious decline.Who knows what is going to set off these people

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: projectvxn

"Shooter has been reported as a white male, mid 30s, wearing a hat and sunglasses, camouflaged clothing; still at large."

How do they know the shooters gender? Could easily be female or non-binary. Did they even bother to ask before submitting the description?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
100 bucks says he's a combat veteran with PTSD... or at least that's what they'll tell us.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I have a feeling theyre still writing the narrative they plan to attach to this horrible act. Expect the victims to quickly be pushed to the background while the media and politicians make it political...again.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: Bone75

Expect the victims to quickly be pushed to the background while the media and politicians make it political...again.

That's the thing though, isn't it? It keeps happening and with alarming regularity. That doesn't give the politicians any option but to get involved unfortunately. This is a "damned if they do and damned if they don't" situation.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I just went through my Youtube feed and clicked "Not Interested" on every single video about this.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I am sorry for your loss and empathize, I too have lost my brother for simply wanting to stop smoking.......for a new drug that was "promising"

I hope you didnt misread what I wrote, but if thats the case i beg you to read it again......

again my condolences and I agree

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

a reply to: zatara

yep , its your job to protect you and your own......cops are damage control and to help AFTER the fact.......its your job

Sure I go find the shooter and throw him with garlic or with my breath to death. No I, we run..

Anways..if they have one shooter down it will not take lng to find his friend by ascociation.

Really?

No if you carry and someones shootign at you, you know your target.......

youre confusing running with defense.....not surprising from someone who doesnt know the difference......

I swear your response is why so many people are targetted......you have no idea what the hell to do when its you and your own in the sights.............

Get educated......its not the police job to protect you and your fam, its YOURS....YOUR job.........

THeres a saying......in a world full of sheep and wolves.......you can be a sheep, a wolf, or the sheep dog.......make your choice

And yeah youre damn right, as someone whose been under fire, in several theaters of war......im pushing my family back to a safe space and advancing on that damn target...its me or him, and id rather he focus on me than everyone else around me and they get a chance to get out...

Let him or me take the last shot 10/10 I win........breathing or not........
edit on 7/29/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No.

That's not the reason he did it.

He did not say, "I can get a gun, so I am going to cut a fence and unload on people."

If that happened like you say, then nearly everyone with a weapon would simply unload on a crowd of people because they can or because they get a bit angry. We know that's not the case. Clearly, it's not because you know as well as I do the stats on gun ownership.

Stop with the idea that the guns cause this. They don't. There is a flaw in human beings that causes this, and that flaw is getting all too common these days.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Gun control isn't the answer, i covered that in my very first post to you in this thread

Of course it isn't. Having everyone on the planet begging the government to "do something" is way too big of an opportunity for them to settle for just gun control. Oh no. They want way more than that. They're coming for every right you ever even dreamed you had now.
edit on 29-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Then you misunderstand Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper was all about the game. He didn't want to get caught as much as he wanted to kill. He wanted to lead police on a chase like any good serial killer does. No mass shootings for Jack even if he could have done it.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Stop with the idea that the guns cause this. They don't. There is a flaw in human beings that causes this, and that flaw is getting all too common these days.

Then that flaw must be uniquely American? Other countries have prescription drugs, alcohol, street drugs and garlic, yet dont have anywhere near the levels of 'gun' crime, bizarre

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They are coming.
They have told us such.
thefederalist.com...
They will start in the bluest of the blue to make it seem "normal".

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The other effect of social media is that it has allowed the marginal groups to connect.

In some cases, this has not been a bad things. Think about people who have rare illnesses and felt like they might be the only ones out there suffering this rare, strange thing. Now they were able to find out they weren't alone and draw on the support and understanding of others in the same boat.

But, in other cases, it allowed those who maybe should have stayed on the margins to discover they weren't alone, and they were able to get together and organize to become outsize voices for themselves in ways they maybe shouldn't be able to because they aren't entirely healthy voices in society and for society.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No.

That's not the reason he did it.

He did not say, "I can get a gun, so I am going to cut a fence and unload on people."

If that happened like you say, then nearly everyone with a weapon would simply unload on a crowd of people because they can or because they get a bit angry. We know that's not the case. Clearly, it's not because you know as well as I do the stats on gun ownership.

Exactly it's mental health, we have to find a way to take care of our mentally ill with less medications and more treatment and hospitalizations.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Gilroy is just south of San Jose and San Francisco. Plenty of crime in those areas.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join