It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Gilroy Garlic Festival

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The unprovoked attack on unarmed citizens is sick but if he had done it with a knife he would have been a moron.

The problem with these sickos isn't their weaponry it's their frame of mind. I would never expect them to be stupid in their attacks regardless of the laws. They seem to be ready to die in order to make a point or statement. I can hate on them for what they do but calling them cowards seems counter-intuitive.

Now we're finding some common ground, as you say it would have been stupid to have tried what he did with a knife, so without the gun chances are it would not have happened.

It may have been worse. It is hard to tell. A 5 pound bag of fertilizer can be devastating with some diesel. Do you think the guy would have simply gone away and done nothing if he didn't have a gun? California is already one of the worst states to be a gun owner. The gun laws don't seem to be helping.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Who remembers when we DIDNT have advertisements for drugs, where the laundry list didnt include suicide, thoughts of suicide, or harm to others.......

I do, and I think that would be a good place to start: ban all commercials for non-OTC drugs. If there is a restriction on who can purchase a product, it should not be able to be advertised to the general public. Tobacco is restricted to those over a certain age, and tobacco advertisements are banned. So why are dangerous drugs allowed to be advertised in between re-runs of "Hee-Haw"?

It might not stop all of the problem, but it certainly wouldn't hurt it either... and would likely reduce the population's dependency on powerful drugs and the ailments that come with it.

TheRedneck

Great point.
They can advertise alcohol and it's a way more dangerous substance than most of them too.

Ah well, America is going down the toilet.
Shootings like this are "normal" now.
Scary #. I worry about my kids every day.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

You're a very likeable redneck, come here one day I will show you why I think it's paradise.

I think the increase in nutters is purely to do with increased population and the density of it, I can't help but think of that rat experiments and how the close civilisation caused them to, well fail.

Guns are not the problem, people are. We just have a situation here where people don't have such easy access to these weapons, now what I'm saying is I think we would have more mass shootings here in this country if the nutters simply had the right kind of weapons available to them quickly and easily.

Nutters abound.

Try to think of someone that isn't nuts to your way of thinking in any one way.

My best mates are nuts at times and I'm sure they think the same way about me.

Doesn't take much for someone to go off the rails. The old excuse from mates and relatives, "They're normally a nice person." Tragic comeback, just don't coward punch you moron.

Wouldn't matter if it was a gun, knife, motor vehicle or a rabbit punch to the back of the head there will be the angry, nasty types who'll do anything. I can't think, for the life of me, how, regardless of the weapon, as to how to prevent nut persons from hurting others.

My thoughts,

bally

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You're a very likeable redneck, come here one day I will show you why I think it's paradise.

Ah, be careful there... I'm one of those deplorable, racist, inbred, ignorant rednecks.

Thanks for the compliment.

I think the increase in nutters is purely to do with increased population and the density of it, I can't help but think of that rat experiments and how the close civilisation caused them to, well fail.

I saw that study, and I think of it often. If memory serves, the rats actually became cannibalistic, even when there was an abundance of food.

The thing is, we are not overpopulated. Most of the country has precious few inhabitants. We pack ourselves into cities willingly... no, that's not the right word... we literally fight to be packed in together like sardines.

Guns are not the problem, people are.

We agree on this. I think what you're saying is it's not the guns themselves, but the inability of modern man to handle them due to the overpopulation in cities. And there might be some truth to that. But there's also unintended consequences, like what that would do to people like me. Out here in the sticks, one must protect themselves because there is no police protection. The police show up and clean up the mess an hour after the mess is created. We also have wildlife, some of which can be deadly. Ever seen a rabid animal? You don't trap it; it doesn't care about bait. You don't get close to it unless you want to be foaming at the mouth in a week. You really have one choice: kill it from a distance, and that requires a gun. Ever seen a feral boar? Mean critters that think you're on the menu for lunch. A man has no chance against a boar unless he can kill it long before it gets to him, and arrows bounce off their skulls like light off a mirror. How about a black bear? One of the least aggressive species, but if a cub hollers while Momma is watching you, you better be capable of ventilating that mass of flesh before it reaches you, or you'll end up in several scattered pieces. Heck, a deer can kill you if you're unarmed! What do you think those antlers can do to a human body? Possums can bite through arteries with ease, and coons can turn skin into a jigsaw puzzle after whooping three healthy hound dogs to get to you.

No, outlawing guns is nothing short of leaving country folk defenseless because the nutters in the cities are out of control.

Another issue is that, while outlawing guns might stop the killings now, the anger will still be there and it will keep building. At some point, people will still snap. At that point, it could be a car, a bomb, arson, a chainsaw, bows and arrows, or yes, knives even, being used to do the exact same thing that guns do now. We need to address the real problem, not try to patch it and hope the patch holds until we die of natural causes.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well perhaps, but he used a gun not a bomb so here we are.

I don't really understand the whole California angle, guns are available across the entirety of the USA, just because a state outlaws something doesn't just make unavailable, look at illegal immigrants, there not allowed yet they are there...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

I believe it's important to use facts and strike down the lies.

I agree, but what do you do when facts are ignored? We live in a time where even obvious facts are regularly ignored because they clash with a spoon-fed, media-driven agenda. And yes, it comes from both sides... I shot down an argument against the Congressional Democrats today that was pushed by the right-wing media.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Guns are not the problem, people are. We just have a situation here where people don't have such easy access to these weapons, now what I'm saying is I think we would have more mass shootings here in this country if the nutters simply had the right kind of weapons available to them quickly and easily.

Nutters abound.

Try to think of someone that isn't nuts to your way of thinking in any one way.

My best mates are nuts at times and I'm sure they think the same way about me.

Doesn't take much for someone to go off the rails. The old excuse from mates and relatives, "They're normally a nice person." Tragic comeback, just don't coward punch you moron.

Wouldn't matter if it was a gun, knife, motor vehicle or a rabbit punch to the back of the head there will be the angry, nasty types who'll do anything. I can't think, for the life of me, how, regardless of the weapon, as to how to prevent nut persons from hurting others.

My thoughts,

bally

You're spot on mate, I guess my point is if the nutter has access to weapons that can kill more people more quickly they will, I'm not sure there is a solution to dealing with people like that.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I don't really understand the whole California angle, guns are available across the entirety of the USA, just because a state outlaws something doesn't just make unavailable, look at illegal immigrants, there not allowed yet they are there...

Well murder is outlawed and carries the stiffest penalties yet here we are...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I absolutely refuse to accept shootings like this as normal. My normal is what I want it to be. Nutters do not control what I expect out of others.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
The festival has been celebrated since 1979, this would be the 40th anniversary.

Just heard confirmed report that child killed was only 3 years old.

Lived in California my entire life, I don’t remember anything like this ever happening at the garlic festival before.

What is happening to our society?

Good thing armed cops were nearby on the scene. The shooter could've have killed many, many more folks.

Poor 3 year old kid. RIP.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Outlawing guns isn't a solution, and yes you country folk need guns for many different reasons, the city folk not so much.

I don't know I don't really have any answers, I just know that nut jobs combined with high powered rapid fire weapons = mass shootings, often.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Well murder is outlawed and carries the stiffest penalties yet here we are...

At least we can agree laws make no difference to someone intent on causing harm.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I appreciate what your saying however I just don't agree. The saw analogy is pretty simple, your argument makes no sense, we're not talking about you personally were talking about people in general.

The same argument you say, yeah go look in the mirror.

You dont have to agree and I respect that........but what does "looking in the mirror" have to do with anything? are you suggesting something?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Outlawing guns isn't a solution, and yes you country folk need guns for many different reasons, the city folk not so much.

I don't know I don't really have any answers, I just know that nut jobs combined with high powered rapid fire weapons = mass shootings, often.

I don't think firearms are a massive, massive issue in the US and outlawing firearms would be hyperbolic.

It's the attitude of the folks in some parts of the USA.

Look at some nations in Europe etc where firearms are also to some extent legal. They have lower rates of firearm-related incidents, homicides etc.

In any case, the USA is nothing like SSA anyway. If firearms were the issue, the USA would be chaotic like some parts of SSA.
edit on 29-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Hellmutt

However, there's propaganda left and right. And there are dangerous angry people left and right. Ticking timebombs ready to blow.

Which is why I like living in a society where access to military style weaponry is a rarity, it still happens just not as much.

And I still argue its the armed society thats the polite one............

There's is nothing polite about the society you live in. Jesus are you living under a rock, did you miss the fight at Disney land the other day, cmom man you're better than this.

No im not..........

Im living in a society that, even though its turning more purple, Antifa , even though its just a few short hours away, doesnt have the balls to pull their bullcrap here, because they know if they started to get violent they would be LAWFULLY put down.......

We have a stand your ground law and open carry, thats why they are NOT here, thats the reality i live in

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I just saw a blurb on Fox... 281 gun-related killings in Chicago this year already, and that's in the city that has the strictest gun control laws in the country. Almost two orders of magnitude greater than what we're discussing here.

look at illegal immigrants, there not allowed yet they are there...

That's another of those unintended consequences. Just outlawing something doesn't stop it from existing. Look at Chicago again... I'd bet 90% of those guns used are illegally owned, yet they exist and kill just as much as if they were legal.

So what would gun control do? It would either disarm or criminalize millions of honest, otherwise law-abiding citizens, leaving most of them defenseless, while allowing the criminals to import illegal guns. Illegal guns are also not subject to restrictions... as it is, someone can buy a semi-auto rifle and do this kind of evil, but if that semi-auto were not available but a full auto were at a black market arms dealer, how much worse would things have been?

As it was, the police were on scene within a minute according to reports, and still dozens were injured.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellmutt

I know someone who is antifa. They really do hate nazis. The problem is they can't see that they are actually acting like fascists by using violence. And they often label everyone who disagrees with them as nazis. A dangerous path. I do believe you're right about their leaders or funders knowing what they're doing, and using useful idiots for their agenda.

edit to add: They even asked me to join them. I didn't say yes or no, but explained to them what I've said here. I hope they'll wake up!

And thats the problem.......i really think many of them need to get outside their sphere of influence and programming and understand.........hell much of these people are of an age they werent even actually TAUGHT what happened in that point in history.

People left and right our blinded by ideology many times but worse than that emotion over facts.......Hell IVE been there...

Thats why I make it a point to take in ALL information on a subject and research it on my own..........but many dont, they take what they are fed, they go with the crowd and they believe they are justified.....

Its tragic

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Who remembers when we DIDNT have advertisements for drugs, where the laundry list didnt include suicide, thoughts of suicide, or harm to others.......

I do, and I think that would be a good place to start: ban all commercials for non-OTC drugs. If there is a restriction on who can purchase a product, it should not be able to be advertised to the general public. Tobacco is restricted to those over a certain age, and tobacco advertisements are banned. So why are dangerous drugs allowed to be advertised in between re-runs of "Hee-Haw"?

It might not stop all of the problem, but it certainly wouldn't hurt it either... and would likely reduce the population's dependency on powerful drugs and the ailments that come with it.

TheRedneck

Amen brother...........I really think its the big issue........everyones looking at evertyhing else except for big pharma.......if i were to subscribe to a huge conspiracy it would be that......all the signs are there, from banning things that can cure us, to having physicians forcefeeding things that can kill us....or influence us to kill others....its pretty got dam clear......
edit on 7/29/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Language warning:

There they are... to serve and protect.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

yep , its your job to protect you and your own......cops are damage control and to help AFTER the fact.......its your job

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join