It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add 25 cents to each gallon of gas this weekend

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Gasoline prices could rocket 24 cents a gallon the next few days, as stations across the USA scramble to keep up with big jumps in the prices of oil and wholesale gas, a veteran energy-price analyst forecast Thursday.
"It's going to be brutal, horrendous," says Peter Beutel, president of energy-price tracker Cameron Hanover. He has followed energy markets for nearly three decades.

This could be why we have ships off Venezuela??? The price of oil is skyrokceting and tensions in the Middle East have never been higher. Oil is expected to over $5 dollars a barrel soon...

It could go higher as increased warm-weather driving in another two months pushes up demand, and therefore prices, forecasters say.

Looks to be a LOOOONGGGG, hot summer in the USA

also see
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-3-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think you mean 5$ a gallon and 55$ a barrel (provided they ship it in 55 gallon barrels) I can't imagine shelling out over 2$ per gallon, even in a tiny little car like the one I drive. This just makes those hybrid cars look more desireable every day...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
) I can't imagine shelling out over 2$ per gallon, even in a tiny little car like the one I drive. This just makes those hybrid cars look more desireable every day...

Wow -- I want to live where you do -- it has been over $2 a gallon here for a long time in fact we have been up as high as $2.34 --

jm

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I meant 55 a gallon, sorry for the typo. What is strange is they (petroleum companies)do this every year before summer vacations, and around May it goes up, and comes down in the winter. It didn't come down this year , and now they are bumping it months early so they can do it again when 'shortages' occur over the summer.

To the average joe citizen in a 9 mpg SUV, Iran is looking mighty ripe....

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

To the average joe citizen in a 9 mpg SUV, Iran is looking mighty ripe....

Maybe they'll stop, drop & think about historic profits being reaped by every-oil-conglomerate-that-is-less-than-6-degrees-seperated-from-the-Bush-White house!?!?
Seems to me, in basic supply & demand mode, we stop storing into the Strategic Oil Reserve so that a worlkable price point can be reached for American Consumers & businesses......unless that's not who the White House is there to support?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I understand the outrageous profits that the Oil compnies are making, but you are right, it is a case of supply and demand, and unfortunatley we are in the middle. If we could just get the world to drive a Prius....

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are only 42 gallons in a barrel of oil.

Phae

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Wow -- I want to live where you do -- it has been over $2 a gallon here for a long time in fact we have been up as high as $2.34

You would love to hear that I pay $1.77 for a gallon.

Its never even hit 2 dollars a gallon here.

[edit on 4/3/05 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Biodiesel, biodiesel, biodiesel, biodiesel, and ethanol from corn and other crops we need bad! We can run cars off non-petrolium products and for a good cost too if it is produced in bulk. There is plenty of potential for profit with bio-fuels so hopefully some high roller will capitalize on the opportunity and we can cut our reliance on fossil fuels.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
we will probably be seeing .25 cents increases more often over the next two year

Oil Prices Could Hit 80 Dollars in Next Two Years

Then we'll be paying anywhere from $4.00 to $5.00 a gallon

don't know how to ride a bike yet? learn

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I can joyfully tell you that it won't hit me in the pocket too hard. I ride a Harley, and with my 3.3 gallon tank, I get a little more then 120 miles. That's almost 37 miles per gallon around town. The mileage is even better on the highway.

My wifes van gets between 30 and 32 MPG, but my Jeep won't be on the road much, 17 - 18 MPG.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I understand the outrageous profits that the Oil compnies are making, but you are right, it is a case of supply and demand, and unfortunatley we are in the middle. If we could just get the world to drive a Prius....

I probably don't know enough about this to make a good case, but isn't oil bought and sold way in advance on the futures markets, and if so, doesn't that mean that supply and demand is only a portion of the cost fluctuations and a lot has to do with the speculated values that they were traded at previously??

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Apparently "Joe Six Pack" drives something bigger than a hummer (which gets 10 mpg/gallon)... damn, I wish I lived in a country where the average Joe Six Pack could afford a hummer! Let's open up ANWR if it's such a problem - even the caribou want us to! *Opens up his plasma-proof umbrella and braces for the storm*

p.s. Ben, you're right... a lot of the talk is doom and gloom... also, to the other posters, you're right... opening up the strategic oil reserves, even for a bit, will seriously bloody the nose of OPEC (recall Gulf War I, anyone?!)

[edit on 4-3-2005 by AlphaHumana]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I live in the middle of georgia....and our gas never gets over $1.75 usually...it was $1.80 last week and that was high......40 miles in any direction and you will hit $2 a gallon....but never here.....why is that? I live near a very large Air Force Base...could that be any reason?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well, now I'm glad I plan my driving trips. Plan my routes so I don't drive more than necessary.

If gas prices increase, down the road all the other things made from oil will start to get more expensive.
Not to mention, all the things trucked across the country. UPS rates. Postage stamps. Produce.
Gasoline is just the tip of the iceberg.

BTW, gas is currently $2.80 in Furnace Creek, Death Valley, CA

www.gaspricewatch.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Great site DTOM -- thanks for putting it on ...

I notice that only one place was reported in my area right now but more are listed.

If prices keep rising I guess I will be doing more walking into town to shop (may have to get one of those dorky carts to push with groceries in it.) Right now I pick and choose my days as it is a hike but I guess I can be less picky if the price gets too high.

jm

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Oil Prices Could Hit 80 Dollars in Next Two Years
Then we'll be paying anywhere from $4.00 to $5.00 a gallon

I don't know so that's why I want to ask this. Why isn't it feasible to reopen wells that were capped here in the U.S. in the 80's and 90's?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Oh thank god I ride a street bike. Gas prices here went from 1.85 for regular unleaded to to 2.10 between thursday night and friday morning. And that is at the cheapest station in town. Oh well 60 miles to the gallon and a 100 gallon reserve means I am good for awhile.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I payed AUD$1.20 for petrol yesterday in Sydney!!! it was murder! and how pissed I was to see it in my home town for $1.05!

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Biodiesel, biodiesel, biodiesel, biodiesel, and ethanol from corn and other crops we need bad! We can run cars off non-petrolium products and for a good cost too if it is produced in bulk. There is plenty of potential for profit with bio-fuels so hopefully some high roller will capitalize on the opportunity and we can cut our reliance on fossil fuels.

plans, plans, plans - looking for some for a mini biodiesel. i've thrown down the gautlet on other threads in this area. i had figured the conspiracy therists would be the first "off the grid" and that i would have 50 people with working plans by now.

unfortunately, diesel in Colorado goes for more than premium gas!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join