It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add 25 cents to each gallon of gas this weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Be lucky it wnet of five cents, mr. cynic, because it went up 15 in my neighborhood. Went from 2.03 to 2 .18 over the weekend. Your area you live in has alot to do with it also.

If I go to the beach (15 minutes to the coast), where the tourists are, you will always pay at least a nickel more, and if you go downtown to some of the smaller places, you can save a few cents a gallon. The gas stations have just as much to do with this as oil companies too, as they set the prices to be competitive in their market. Downtown LA will charge more than a po-duck. one light town in Georgia.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ooops,double post...sorry...

[edit on 9-3-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
This just makes those hybrid cars look more desireable every day...

Hybrid cars are not a green choice. I despise environmentalist microbrains who hypocritically purchase electric vehicles or hybrids (or bicycles!) and then feel smug about 'doing something to save the Earth'. The metals and plastics in that mechanical golem were strip mined and drilled from the Earth. The electricity pouring into the batteries was generated using hydro, coal, oil, or nuclear energy (don't even talk to me about the pathetically small contribution of bird-killing wind power, albedo-changing solar or tectonically-risky geothermal power). Hydrogen? More pollution, terrorism, and desertification to boot.

Give me a nice pair of moccasins (size 8) if you come to visit me. Moccasins are the environmental choice for transportation. Canoes are a nice ride, too.

Gas is cheap at any price. A green administration would outlaw it.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Then we'll be paying anywhere from $4.00 to $5.00 a gallon

I'd like to welcome everyone to Hawai'i!

Some parts atleast.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
lololol...lmao

listen to all you spoilt bratty US whingers. I've been enjoying your gas prices for over 15 years worth of vacations now...every year we come over to Calif or Nevada or NY, Michigan or many times to Fla and all we hear and read about is your constant obsession with your gas prices.

As an earlier UK poster stated, regardless of the fact that we have our prices taxed to buggery, and if my calculations are correct: 1.75 pints= 1 litre. 4.657litres= 1 gallon. UK unleaded = £.82/litre = £3-74/gallon. Current exchange approx $1-85/£1-. Therefore approx price would be $6-93/gallon!!!!!!

So what do you spoilt brats think now....

me...I'm off to Fla in 2 weeks and cannot WAIT to fill up my first tank @ $2-50 even!!!...or even $3-...big deal

Worry about something worthwhile such as gun control, or education standards or urban integration or any number of really important social issues....Gas Prices....do me a favour

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
and we will gladly take your money and drive behind your "looking for the best spot" drivers on the beaches in you rent a cars

This is not a session of whining, but a question of why? There is no true reason for the raise in gas prices, so I am asking for opinion on why people beleive it is raising.

And truthfully, I am not worried about the price of gas in other countries, as I am well aware how you people are raped at the pump overseas.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardbodyactiv
lololol...lmao

listen to all you spoilt bratty US whingers. . . . . . .

Worry about something worthwhile such as gun control, or education standards or urban integration or any number of really important social issues....Gas Prices....do me a favour

oh boy, now you did it. brought in American gun control by a foriegner that obviously does not have a clue- nor any sort of a say on the issue anyway. What kind of trumped up and fake statistics are you worshiping as your holy book? obviously gun control is not working so well in your country!
no matter- you can just stay home - there maybe some that agree with you in the states but the common man doesn't want your Anti- american tourist dollars.

i guess we'll save any more of the rant on that subject for another thread.
----------

gas prices are higher overseas for numerous reasons;

1. America has much larger industry than any two combined other countries

2. America has quite a bit less taxes per gallon

3. America has its OWN oil reserves while most have to totally depend on inport

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardbodyactiv
lololol...lmao

listen to all you spoilt bratty US whingers. I've been enjoying your gas prices for over 15 years worth of vacations now...every year we come over to Calif or Nevada or NY, Michigan or many times to Fla and all we hear and read about is your constant obsession with your gas prices.

As an earlier UK poster stated, regardless of the fact that we have our prices taxed to buggery, and if my calculations are correct: 1.75 pints= 1 litre. 4.657litres= 1 gallon. UK unleaded = £.82/litre = £3-74/gallon. Current exchange approx $1-85/£1-. Therefore approx price would be $6-93/gallon!!!!!!

So what do you spoilt brats think now....

me...I'm off to Fla in 2 weeks and cannot WAIT to fill up my first tank @ $2-50 even!!!...or even $3-...big deal

What do we think? Well, I know that *I* think that's your own fault. Don't accuse us of whining when its your elected leaders who have placed exorbitant taxes upon gasoline.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1st...In the past 30 years not a single refinery was built in the US. Not only that, the ones we have are getting prepared to make their "special" summer blends.

2nd...There are about 50 different blends of gasoline in America for the summer!! This cuts down on the already limited refining capabilities.

3rd...We have oil here in America that the GOVT or more importantly the Enviro-weenies keep us from developing. I can't believe in this day and age that, we can't drill for oil here, with minimal environmental effect!!

4th...Refering to point 2...we can't adequately send a surpluss of gas from point to another...due to these special blends!!

5th...Builing more refineries and making "1" blend of gas for the whole country...would greatly reduce the cost. BUT NO!!!!! This is common sense...and God forgive the American GOVT if they used it!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
launchpad, your project sounds interesting.

Troy

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I paid $2.35 per gallon for regular unleaded today, cost me $35.00 to fill my tank, which still had some gas in it
No more bottled frappucinos for me

Today's High Gas Prices Will Go Higher, Government Says

There's pump shock at every corner gas station, with prices well over $2 a gallon and still rising. And the government says you better get used to it.
The Energy Department projects high gasoline prices and $50-plus crude oil at least through next year as producers struggle to keep up with demand.

The department said Thursday it expects gasoline prices to average $2.35 a gallon nationwide in May, the dawn of the heavy summer driving season. Motorists paid an average of $2.22 a gallon last week, 44 cents more than a year ago.

If anyone thinks prices will dip below $2, once a benchmark rarely seen, they're mistaken, says Guy Caruso, head of the Energy Information Administration, the DOE's statistical agency.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Damn, I'm in the wrong business. I'll just make a product that everybody has to have and start up the ol' "screw-omatic" and inflate prices untill I'm filthy rich. And I can have board meetings to decide how much I want to inflate the price next week, and project my price inflation into the following years.

Anybody in business with me? We'll be rich!!!!!

Troy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join