It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
No, king valkyrie is looking for her queen.
They made sure to let that plot point slip out..

Meh, better than Theanus, or whatever that dopey character's name was played by Brolin.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Black Swan II?
Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman were epic.

You = winning.

link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Can't wait for the new male Wonder Woman , that movie will be deep and meaningful.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What do you mean MJ wasn't changed?

Its exactly how I posted it previously.

The MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) made a deal with Sony to add Spider-man to their cinematic universe

The first Spider-man movie was Homecoming not the earlier 2 versions (Tobey Maguire and then rebooted with Andrew Garfield) they were done by Sony pictures alone and have nothing to do with each other or the recent Spiderman movies including the Avengers.

So MJ was not changed in this version/reboot as it had nothing to do with the previous spider man movies.

I'm fine with them making his new love interest a new character but dont change mary jane.

Its what Marvel have done with almost all characters,

one example is the main villain from Avengers 2, Ultron.

How he was created in the comics differs from how he was created in the movies and who created him to fit the narrative the movies are trying tell.

another is Starlord's father in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Its done so they make a somewhat original story using existing characters and story-lines that cannot be completely spoiled by simply reading the comics.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Every time I see that pick of DB I want him to rope me with his magic lasso.

link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Please allow me to nerd a bit - in the comics, Jane Foster took on the mantle of "Thor" at a time when Odinson was unable. She was deemed worthy to wield the hammer. She eventually sacrificed herself and the hammer reverted back to Thor.

Worthy, indeed!

That isn't to say the movie will follow the same storyline, but my God, the soft, threatened feels of some people! Don't worry, the majority of Marvel heroes are still male!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well it could be 50% of the 1% i suppose. Thats even worse. Say...whatever happened to Handyboy? Bet hed go over like a fart in church nowadays. Lol

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Who cares? Characters change all the time. You don’t have to watch it. Close your eyes. Change the channel.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wasnt he bros with Klitorious.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Do they ever change the villians. It seems those stay the same. I want a transgender Penguin that has qualities of both male and female penguins.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

But the feels!!!!

They screwed up star wars.
They screwed up doctor who.

Sorry if some of us are seeing the writing on the wall with Marvel's future.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Nah....youd be infringing on trans penguinism which is bad i am told.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Thor Ragnorok I believe, where the Asguardian pulls out an assault rifle and labels it his Texas something something, firing it at the enemy that destroys the planet...meh. The director just had to get that in the movie somehow. It didn't fit at all but it was inserted in this tortured way to say assault rifles are scary....all of Texas are redneck gunslingers. That's what I got out of it anyway.

This kind of goes back to what I was saying before hand about people who don't know anything about the source material complaining about the movies, or in this case also knowing naff all about the movie you're complaining about.

Skarge the "executioner" has been in the comics since the 1960's and yes his weapons include two M16 assault rifles.

Now if you actually bothered to watch the movie you would also know that by the end of it he actually comes good and sacrifices himself to help save the asgaurdians using those very same rifles that seem to have you so upset. His rifles are not called "Texas" he has other names for them (which escape me right now) but he does joke that he has something that he picked up from a place called "Tex-Ass". It's a joke.

This is what annoys me about you and others like you posting in threads like this, you don't actually have a clue about the source material or in this case even the moving your bitching about yet still make statements like "it didn't fit" as if your some kind of authority on the subject.

Want some proof, here is my proof that your talking utter crap and don't have the faintest idea what your talking about.

Note that here we see Skarge completely redeem himself but not just that he uses his weapons to defend the people trying to escape form he bad guys. He and his weapons literally save this day in this sacrifice yet you, who I assume saw a trailer or read something on whatever trash site it is to feed you with fake new try to claim that Titka Waititi was trying to "say assault rifles are scary....all of Texas are redneck gunslingers..... That's what I got out of it anyway. Yeah that is probably what you would have got out of it...if you hadn't watch the movie!!!

Honestly think kind of rubbish does my head in on this site, a whole bunch of you who pretend to know what your talking about yet clearly don't know what your on about but it will get stars and pats on the back so long as it hits the right political buttons, doesn't matter if what your saying is utter tripe
edit on 22-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

I’ve been up all night we had one of those family things . So excuse me if I’m a little slaphappy posting.

Nobody talks much about how they’re doing a double whammy on us. They’re replacing male roles with female leads in the movies. But they’re also inventing new characters or re-writing female characters to take a larger role in TV shows . A offhand guess would be about 6 or 7 out of 10 movie/TV scripts are being written for female leads as heroes. Most of the time they are the baddest character on the screen . A 130 pound chick can beat up seven guys at one time . I’ll see if I can remember a few of the shows . Killjoys, dark matter, agents of shield, legends of tomorrow , the 100, ( I guess you get my point) .

And I hope I didn’t mess in the back stories or graphic novels about killjoys and such .

at least 20 years ago Mike McConnell a talk show radio host on WLW said. What we are looking at in the future is the feminization of the American male .

I thought it was funny then.

But with the way the beta males sit around and take this crap in stride .

I’m not laughing anymore .

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This whole trend is the latest example of Hollywood's current lack of creativity and innovation.
It's another classic example of those we used to expect to be creative and innovative...reaching for the lowest-hanging fruit.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This whole trend is the latest example of Hollywood's current lack of creativity and innovation.

sigh....

ITS IN THE COMICS!!!!!

Dude you can go back to 2014 to find Jane Foster as Thor hell even before that they done a "what if"

This is nothing to to with politics, or even a lack of creativity its looking at the source material and saying "what could we use to make a story that will sell tickets.....ohhhh look here is a interesting comic by Jason Arron, lets take some of that mix it with a bit of that".

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

2014? That was only five years ago. The people that own the comics are on the same page as Hollywood when it comes to this nonsense and its been going on for more than five years. So what is your point? 2014! Its in the comics! And?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I’m willing to be the same people that are upset with this don’t have a problem with Tom Cruise playing “The Last Samurai” or Jesus being a White guy. 🤣😂

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: deknubed

2014? That was only five years ago. The people that own the comics are on the same page as Hollywood when it comes to this nonsense and its been going on for more than five years. So what is your point? 2014! Its in the comics! And?

You can go even further back that that when they done their "What if?" Series of comics that looked at....well what if certain things happened. I checked that comic came out in 1978....

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well now I didn't picture you as a fellow comic nerd.
Who knew?
I also didn't think that a story taken from actual marvel comics would upset people.
Again who knew?
IMO using jane foster to push the "cosmic" aspect of the MCU is a really good idea. It seems "Thor" will be an anchor to that as Chris Hemsworth has renewed his contract to play the character.
If people are flipping about jane wait until they get Beta Ray Bill.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join