It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Female Thor ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This has to stop ! American and Western Europe are dens of feminism ! Women need to find their own Identity ! Taking a virile male God of war and making a women out of him ? What are women going to do when brutes are at Rome’s gate ? Oh yeah the men will shiver under the bed while the women kicks everyone’s mule . Im sure the Russians and Iranians fear and respect our Hipster bi- sexual men and completely fear our Hipster bi-sexual women . Lol We are doomed !
edit on 22-7-2019 by SulfurMercurySalt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

It’s only a movie, this doesn’t confront me at all.
Hope it’s a good movie at least without all the drama we get from the few women who have to make it more than what it is

edit on 22-7-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
dp Oops sorry
edit on 22-7-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Can't wait for the new male Wonder Woman , that movie will be deep and meaningful.

Hollywood has been dying for a while , this reversing of roles is just a desperate but feeble attempt to stem the decline and breath new life into a hopelessly lost industry.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
This has to stop ! American and Western Europe are dens of feminism ! Women need to find their own Identity ! Taking a virile male God of war and making a women out of him ? What are women going to do when brutes are at Rome’s gate ? Oh yeah the men will shiver under the bed while the women kicks everyone’s mule . Im sure the Russians and Iranians fear and respect our Hipster bi- sexual men and completely fear our Hipster bi-sexual women . Lol We are doomed !

'Women' as in the majority of females know their identity. You mean some radical feminist have to stop making some men [who seem to be unable to distinguish between some and all] believe that that all women are idiots by asking for really inane things.

Do you really think it feels good for women to see this crap? I personally want to puke when I read this. Mostly because instantly some weir males come out of the woodwork and paint us all with one brush.

Mate, it's only a handful of neo-feminists [male and female/soy boys] that come up with rubbish like that.

If this Thor thing is real, I as a woman can say that it has gone too far. Hell, we are NOT some toddlers that see someone with an ice cream and also want one [...want to be Thor waaah]. Real women prefer watching nice looking guys in big roles, otherwise what are we supposed to look at?

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Jesus christ you people piss and moan about everything!

Read the story from the comic as to why she becomes a female Thor, it's pretty damn good!

Don't like it, don't watch it, simple as that!

...Or stay rolled up in your little blanky and cry!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I really think some of the people who complain about this kind of stuff are not the same people who know about the source material. I think we see this in quit a lot of Fandoms where you have a group of fans who might watch the movies, might even have picked up a comic book or two in their time then you have this other group who consume all or most of the media. Star Wars, you get the fans who complain about things then you get the fans who read all of it and look for answers in it, in fact years ago Marvel used to have a section where they would offer up awards to fans for doing just this. Harry Potter its the same, some fans who watch the movies others who read the books 12 times over, go to the play, visit the attractions and so on.

I think this is another good example of this, Thor has been a Lady since 2014/5, from the All-New-All-Different-Marvel where Wolverine is the female X-23, Captain America is a black guy, we have Spider-Woman and a whole load of other mash ups. The comics do this all the time, and have been doing it for years where they switch up their characters. The writers literally just say, what if we make Hulk a woman...SHE HULK!!!! It's just part of how comics are and the movies are reflecting the source material.

Asgauridans of the Galaxy! bring it on.

Thor Love and Thunder directed by Taika Waititi mixing it up with Jane Foster as Thor that, I like the sound of. We last saw Thor as a fat guy riddled with anxiety, and it worked so if they want to mess around a bit and give Jane Foster the hammer then am open to that lets see how it works out. With the team behind it am confident that they will do a good job and am not going to start hating on it because of politics.

My only wish is that they keep Korg in this movie.
edit on 22-7-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
This has to stop ! American and Western Europe are dens of feminism ! Women need to find their own Identity !

Don't worry about it. It's called "making money". Besides, as soon as Holywood took over Thor, any real association with the North mythology was killed off.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hollywood has been dying for a while , this reversing of roles is just a desperate but feeble attempt to stem the decline and breath new life into a hopelessly lost industry.

However in this case its just doing what Marvel movies have been doing since they started,

taking stories from their comics and bringing them to the big screen.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think it's great, instead of watch sum buff barely clothed duder ruining around doing action movie we get to watch some barley clothed eye candy running around doing action movie. As ya don't have to pay women as much to do the same job I suspect ticket prices to come down, so more popcorn for me. Hot tip remove your stocks from Hollywood and invest in Kleenex.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

This has to stop ! American and Western Europe are dens of feminism !

Wow... I'm seeing a pattern emerge here. Someone really has a problem with strong and powerful women. Especially those with blades.

Not even an effort to come up with a pseudo-intellectual reason why Thor cannot or should not be female. I could make a better argument! She can apparently wield the sword just fine.... so this is just "woman bad!"

But apparently someone decided that a female Thor will sell tickets at the box office. That's the bottom line.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
Read the story from the comic as to why she becomes a female Thor, it's pretty damn good!

Thank you! I just looked it up... no spoilers for anyone though.

I don't usually watch these movies, but my husband does. So I know that they tend to follow the comic book series. When I do sit down and watch with him, he usually has to explain a few things to me. Fortunately, it's usually not his first time to see it, so he's patient with me and doesn't mind explaining to me!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Not to worried about Thor but have you heard what they are doing to our poor 007, turning him into a her, a black female.

James bond is hated by the weirdo's because he is a traditional REAL man, a womaniser and a witty stereotype of what every real man wants to be like, lucky, intelligent, great with the lady's and loved by them (the straight ones).

And they are out to destroy him, my prediction there movie may even turn out to be good but it will KILL the bond franchise deader than a doornail and make the creators of the original James Bond turn in there graves just like turning Doctor Who into a woman has MURDERED that franchise.

Thor, never too keen on pagan deity's but I did used to read some comic's as a kid, cool character but turning him into a girl is a bad move, they could have made a spin off though, a half human - half Valhallan child born of Thor's human ex girlfriend, all the power of her father (but different to his so not necessarily lighting she may have some other power) and absolute allegiance to the earth.

OR when his dad died perhaps some of his power drifted off like a ghost and reincarnated through a human woman, Odette haha.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Can't wait for the new male Wonder Woman , that movie will be deep and meaningful.

Haha I can see the toilette scene now, wonder woman wakes up as a guy and then spends ages figuring out how to not sit down every time it need's a pee (and scream's when she/it/he stands on the bathroom scales).

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Not to worried about Thor but have you heard what they are doing to our poor 007, turning him into a her, a black female.

OO agents have been female in the past.

Depicted at least twice in older James Bond movies, the first being in1965s Thunderball with Sean Connery and then again when Pierce Brosnan was Bond in the World is not enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's just silly.

If we need new heroes to represent a more diverse population, that's cool. Make new heroes.

But, taking old characters who have fan bases going back 50+ years and making them gay, or women, or a different ethnicity is probably not the best way to win new fans and generate more money, because that's what the companies are all about, making money.

I'd be willing to bet there are plenty of young writers and artists out there inventing new characters to fill these niches. So yeah, female Thor is dumb, but it's nothing to get worked up about. I'd be willing to bet the movie will be fun to watch too.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Dude Jane Foster has been Thor in the comics going back to 2014....

They do this all the time, I think by this point most of the Marvel heroes have at least one alternative version. The movies are reflecting this.

Did you get mad when X-23 turned up in the comics?

Did you get made when Gwen Stacy put on the spidy suit.

Or what about when the "Savage" She-Hulk came out.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

But, taking old characters who have fan bases going back 50+ years and making them gay, or women, or a different ethnicity is probably not the best way to win new fans and generate more money, because that's what the companies are all about, making money.

Is this in the movies or in actual source material for the movies?

For Marvel that would be in the comics.

If you have stories running for so many decades you eventually run out of ideas and more radical changes are made to open up new avenues of story telling that can last for decades more.

It happens every decade or so in the comic book world, new additions, new universes/multiverses, changes made where heroes become villians and voice versa.

Its happened to every comic book character, even Superman has had a story about him crashing in Russia as a child instead of Kansas, I believe next year WB actually have an animated movie being released telling this story called Superman: Red Son.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
double post
edit on 22-7-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
triple post
edit on 22-7-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join