It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver becomes the first city to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

There are always going to be some outliers who take something too far, but in this realm I think that number is lower than with other substances.

I'm familiar with the topic at hand, you'd really have to go out of your way to make it a problem.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good to know you don’t suffer chronic migraines anymore and you’re able to manage them.

The downside is that I cannot use painkillers except in rare specific instance (like after a surgery) because apparently, they are the key to developing and triggering chronic migraine in the first place

That’s really interesting as I have always had an aversion to taking pills as I have difficulty swallowing them. So pills are the very last resort for me, so rather than take paracetamol I suffer through a headache which as it happens I never get that last long or can’t shrug off, except for that one time as previously mentioned.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Right,
I'm just making the point that when your mind is squirming, you can be convinced of things more easily.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: network dude

They rank the safest of all recreational drugs..

Really lol, did you just write that, on shrooms? Psilocybin, psilocin and baeocystin. Are the active components in shrooms, '___' or dimetyltryotomine is the active component in peyote. BOTH are psychoactive hallucinogenic. That's not to say I don't like them or think they should be illegal, but to call them safe is ridiculous. They are very similar to an acid /'___' trip, complete with melting reality. So would you want somebody driving on the road doing shrooms, peyote or lsd?

I don't think any natural drug from a plant should be illegal, but let's have a little ef'ing common sense eh. There is only one time when use is possibly safe and that is alone in a locked room with no hard or sharp objects.

Cheers - Dave

Pretty much agree, the problem stems for there are gonna be responsible users and irresponsible ones, along with ones that can handle the ride and ones that lose their chit. H e l l a lot of people might have good intentions but once under the influence, be out of control. Like how do you keep lil Timmy away from his car after he starts his trip. Much like most areas you can't be drunk in public, tripping needs to be done in a private safe environment. The problem depends on how much brand new experimentation by persons who haven't tried it before, it's a unique experience, and there usually are different potencies. Not against it , but it has its own unique issues.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Oh lord, can you imagine the issues when college kids trip together and no one can recall exactly what happened? You can see some girls going all #MeToo over this one. Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: purplemer

I was about seven years of age and we used to be bullied out of our local playground by older kid's and teenagers whom liked to use it for so called recreational drug's back in the 1970's, We watched, waiting for them to leave so we could go back on the swing's, as one of those kid's eating a Magic Mushroom (English variety) took a very bad turn, he was screaming and ran out into a busy road and was ran over by a car.
The affect's have been linked to long lasting psychological damage, nervous breakdown's and worse.
They are not safe and even when they were used by shaman's and pagan priests in the past they were used with care not for recreation.

Though just perhaps they might be less 'physically' harmful than a cigarette.

This is very ignorant.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A reply to ketsuko:

The effect from Magic mushrooms are nothing like the effects of alcohol.
edit on 9-5-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
micro-dosing has helped people with PTSOD.
and one guy was on joe rogan saying shrooms cured him of cat allergies.

i wish they would legalize coca-leaves. i want to chew on those before the gym.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Is taking magic mushrooms a stupid thing to do iyo?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Great, now everyone will be sitting on the corners laughing at everything.

I don't think you will see a driving issue with this chemical, it's not like alcohol.

It's too hard to drive a melting car through a melting landscape.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
There are always going to be some outliers who take something too far, but in this realm I think that number is lower than with other substances.

Yeah, it's one of those self-limiting substances.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Stupid is as stupid does. There are a lot of people who just can't get into it. They don't care for the vomiting or the sensory distortion. It's not for everybody. Just like some people like coffee and others like tea. But how do you know?

We all take the drugs we want and eat the food we like -- all of us -- because we want to feel better because life is a slow-motion horror. Unless something is proven to be instantly toxic, like rat poison, it's silly for one person or group of people to tell you that you can't try to make yourself feel better with something.

But the law is the law, whether it's drugs or abortion or public nudity or chewing gum or whatever, and you gotta either follow the law, work to change it, move somewhere else, or risk going to jail. Pretty simple.
edit on 9-5-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The thread is about decriminalisation in Denver..... the law says they will not prosecute.

And magic mushrooms will not do all the things you have stated if taken in small doses or micro doses.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The thread is about decriminalisation in Denver..... the law says they will not prosecute. And magic mushrooms will not do all the things you have stated if taken in small doses or micro doses.

Sorry for not sticking specifically to the topic you want to discuss. Have a good day.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hey... it's not the topic I want to discuss... it is the thread topic.
I don't get why you wrote a paragraph about the law is the law....

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Actually no it is not, your comment though is indeed very ignorant - uninformed.
This is by no mean's an isolated incident.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Here are some competing argument's about Psilocybin the substance which give's magic mushrooms' there hallucinogenic property's.
www.quora.com...
To be fair the first comment is probably more accurate of L S D than that compound.

Some drug's are also Bio-accumulative which mean's that they build up in your body and can be stored in fat cell's, imagine as a young student a guy take's what is commonly referred to as a trip every weekend while he is out on the town with his mates, year's later he is driving a heavy good's vehicle and has a family but the chemical is released when some of the aging fat cell's in his body were it has been stored rupture and die causing him to hallucinate while driving on a busy road.
L S D has also been believed to be a potential carcinogen which mean's it may trigger cancer in some users as well as being PROVEN to cause Psychosis and mental problem's including break down's and manic depression in former users and victim's, it was used on soldiers at Porton Down research center over here in the UK an MOD facility and the US military also trialed it.
They were not the first the NAZI's believed in the use of Methamphetamine on there soldiers, it may be one reason why the German's committed so very many atrocity's as the soldiers may have been totally out of it while obeying there unsavory orders.
www.spiegel.de...
www.spiegel.de...
Some Allies soldiers meanwhile were given what has become commonly referred to as speed during the same period.

edit on 9-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Stupid is as stupid does. There are a lot of people who just can't get into it. They don't care for the vomiting or the sensory distortion. It's not for everybody. Just like some people like coffee and others like tea. But how do you know?

We all take the drugs we want and eat the food we like -- all of us -- because we want to feel better because life is a slow-motion horror. Unless something is proven to be instantly toxic, like rat poison, it's silly for one person or group of people to tell you that you can't try to make yourself feel better with something.

But the law is the law, whether it's drugs or abortion or public nudity or chewing gum or whatever, and you gotta either follow the law, work to change it, move somewhere else, or risk going to jail. Pretty simple.

Did you read the title? Also, it's not all about people being sick and and seeing weird stuff. It's about the benafits that have been shown through research which is very promising indeed. Not to mention the millions of people around the world who say taking shrooms has changed their life for the better!

With the billions being spent every year on mental health, this could be a better alternative. The reason why it is a class A is because they said there was no medical use. We now know this is not the case.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Actually no it is not, your comment though is indeed very ignorant - uninformed. This is by no mean's an isolated incident.

Those instances are rare. Most people are completely fine.

imagine as a young student a guy take's what is commonly referred to as a trip every weekend while he is out on the town with his mates

I'm sure some people do that, but most don't. I think it's sentiments like these that kind of show who is commenting based off of fear of unknowns, and going off of stories they've heard vs people who have "been there done that".

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I take it you missed my earlier comment (which I deleted as it contained too many of my personal fact's), believe me though not a user I know a bit more than you seem to believe.
It's poison not only to the user but to society itself, the only thing worse is not regulating it and I do agree decriminalizing it may be the way to go as then at least it can be regulated rather than feeding the financial gain's of a bunch of scum bag criminal dealers.

edit on 9-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

As appose to what, a bunch of scumbag middlemen politicians that want to play moffia and take a chunk of everything made under the guise of safety?

There is no "regulation needed" with mushrooms. They are highly sensitive. They only grow in specific sterile conditions, you can't just bugspray them.

The only regulations on rec drugs should be when talking about giving them to minors.

It's long past time to make the gov run as intended, not this cash cow scam one we have now. The gov is the one destroying society with criminal records creating a criminal class of citizens to feed the prison business for a profit while advertising it as safety.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join