It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver becomes the first city to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

This is great news! And hopefully the first of many states and countries to make this wonderful and natural medicine legal for everyone to use!

Link

Moderator Note:

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

Does this mean if I murder someone during a hallucination, I get a free pass?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Missletow

Woah.

Buzz kill much?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Woah.

Buzz kill much?

Not so much a buzz kill if I can get high and kill someone with no repercussions because it was only a "hallucination"

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Reality too hard a drug for ya?

Hey, I'm optimistic we will someday make use of these chemicals for the benefit of the species, but the first babystep isn't the same as the finish line.
edit on 10-5-2019 by Missletow because: feels

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

You don't have to tell me. I went to this concert:

This benefit concert for the California Marijuana Initiative featured Copperhead, Stoneground and Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks on a bill with headliners Hot Tuna.

www.wolfgangs.com...

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lucky dog. I was merely a glimmer in my hopeful parents eyes in '72.

Let's just hope that it doesn't take 40+ years to actually change the legal status of this and many other useful chemicals. The little research currently allowed shows a non trivial benifit to the theraputic use of psilocybin, dimethyltriptamine, methylenedioxy-methamphetamine and a whole assortment of "drugs" that have been culturally demonized in the western world for far too long. Add to that the heavy criminal penalties people are facing (or living with) due to the oversimplification of our drug classification system. I could go on, but I'm likely preaching to the choir director.

On that note, there is a definite cause to celebrate this change, no matter how small, but too many posts on this thread are being written from a false pretense. Too much "now that mushrooms are legal [insert argument here]". Someday, but not today is all.

Did John Titor give us any info on the legal status of psychedelics in the future?

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I have seen a few cases of what can only be described (by me) as persistent psychosis seemingly induced by the use of psychedelics. It's not pretty. Did the drugs cause it? I don't know. Did the drugs help? Absolutely not.

On the other hand, I know of the clinical research to the benefits. I also know that the potency of fungi varies wildly, from pasture to pasture.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
More power to Denver.I do agree that educating people about the dangers of hallucinogenics on 1st time users.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: LABTECH767

An attack? Pssh please, I don't get crybullied.

The talk we were having was in relation to the false statements you made and your general lack of knowledge on the subject.

The rest of that last post is irrelevant filler material to try and appear educated on the subject.

I'm not new buddy.

You claim you will admit when you're wrong, but just keep deflecting on our topic. Go do a 5 min google search and get back to me with your apology.

I will give you time to research it.

Sorry for the late reply, I was actually fast asleep doped up with beta blockers and pain killers and had a long day yesterday so really out for the count.

Now if you really have done with your personal attack's let's get this thread back on track shall we.

As for educated did I ever claim to be a mycologist, well, come one did I, no I did not.

I do have family - distant family whom have a farm whom would educated you on the subject they have a long running family business providing mushroom's to retailers such as super markets over here in the UK, I don't believe they use Coconut as it can carry it's own contaminant's and pests along with it but I may be wrong there since I would have to ask one of them but they most certainly do use chicken poo, heat sterilized pellet's of course as it is a natural fertilizer.

If you are going to buy mushroom's for consumption as a matter of fact I would suggest you buy organic rather than factory farm produced, less chance of chemical contamination among other thing's though they are more expensive.

As for your favorite tipple - sorry repast I have no wish to sample the un-delight's of having my head shoved up my arse by an Alice in wonderland magic mushroom or to see anyone else whom is similarly believing that there glimpse into there own twisted psyche and waking dream state can somehow enlighten them and we have enough idiot's of that ilk on here already searching for new agey metaphysical awakening, they need to get out of bed first.

But if that is your personal choice neither do I believe in tyranny, as long as you don't harm my children or family then good on you enjoy and go and poison your own personal world but please don't poison other people's world.

And as for the medical benefit's I have no doubt that they are real and genuine and people taking them for that reason is perfectly fine and dandy in my book, as I said I use CBD as well as my Zapain to alleviate pain, the Zapain makes me feel ill but the CBD though you do become tolerant of it over time meaning it's get's more and more expensive as you need to up the dose does not make me feel ill at all and if it is a similar situation with the psychedelic mushroom's then more power to them.

Just grow up a little there, if you want the last hit like a five year old I am calling it a day on this thread so shall not answer or reply again it to be frank is not worth my time.

Knowledge is a key son not a club use it wisely and it shall open many door's, just be careful what door's you choose to open because not everything on the other side is something you want to let out.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

This is great news! And hopefully the first of many states and countries to make this wonderful and natural medicine legal for everyone to use!

Link

Moderator Note:

Does someone get a free pass it they are drunk, high on coke, speed, crack? Nope, they do not.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Link

Moderator Note:

Millions of people around the world take this. When in the news have you heard about a person killing someone high on mushrooms? Or causing a car crash? Peoe really need to educate themselves when it comes to this.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I am surprised that this vid has not been posted yet.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I am surprised that this vid has not been posted yet.

It's quite amazing when you find out that a lot of famous, or successful people say that one of the most important things they ever done in their life was to take psycadellics.

Look at silicone belly. Alot of the workers are microdosing because it ramps up the problem solving. Their focus, energy etc

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I am not surprised that there is so much ignorance surrounding magic mushrooms.... after all there are many people who have only heard negative stories and not actually had a direct experience.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I am not surprised that there is so much ignorance surrounding magic mushrooms.... after all there are many people who have only heard negative stories and not actually had a direct experience.

Everything can be abused. If you are going to experience this, then you need to respect it. There is a lot of stigma, but most of it is simply not true. Just put there to put fear into people.

Even on this thread, you can see that a lot of people are going by the stigma and not facts

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Like Bill Hicks says.... if you are stupid enough to abuse drugs and jump off a building... the world gets lighter... we lost a moron!

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well just immange how much money they can save not needing cops going through cow fields destroying shroons .
Kind of hard to make something that grows darn near anyware and fast illegal lol .

OOOOO YOU will LOVE this I got stuck in county jail over child support and the jail got a truck load of cow poo for its so called farm .
well in a few days the pile was full of shroons and the dudes out doing the farm ( you know Inmates )
were picking and eating them .
Guards looked at them looked at me we all laughed and they said let the idets eat them if they want lolol .

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Concrete? No. I would say that expanding consciousness is expanding awareness of yourself. Then again, that my be the wrong way to phrase it. So low conscious state would be a lack of self awareness. Self awareness would be tunning into more of what your body/mind is picking up. Like fixing or adjusting your attenna.

Anyway, im no meditation master so i shouldn't be explaining it. My definition/belief of consciousness comes from eastern ideas like buddhism, tantra, yoga ect... I can't fully explain it because im not knowledgeable enough. Just my beliefs, as i said previously.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join