It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver becomes the first city to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

While I still disagree with much of your stance, sorry for misunderstanding your knowledge on this.

Honestly, at the end of they day, different things effect people with a broad spectrum of results. Something that is magic to someone could be toxic to another.

I for instance cannot take melatonin to help me sleep. It gives me super vivid dreams that can feel like they lasted for months. I wake up more stressed out than any other sleep.

To each their own.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The same facility's that grow edible mushroom's can also grow these hallucinogenic one's and do so far more safely with proper quality control in place, unlike pot growers it is not about heat it is about a cool, damp and dark environment and lot's of chicken # help's as well.
But though they are probably vulnerable to such blight's as web that plagues mushroom growers the world over they are far easier to grow than the like's of pot and have a far higher turn around growth cycle as well, remember the mushroom itself is only the flowering body of the fungi.
A small amount of the fungal body can be kept separate and used to seed new mushroom tray's.
Mushroom shed's are not a pleasant environment to work in and it can be back breaking work as well but they are kept as sterile as possible to keep the fungi infection free.
So dark, damp air conditioned (recycled air) shed's, fertilizer suitable for mushroom growing - different mushroom's like different rot piles.
But not as hard as you think though for the new industry this may spawn a lot of learning unless traditional mushroom farmer move into the market.
And as for the government taking it's cut I would rather that than feed a terrorist organization or criminal scum.

edit on 9-5-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No you ARE correct, we all have a different (subtly) biochemical homeostasis in our body's and indeed our neuro-chemical balance will be very slightly different from one person to another within the limit's of our species.

I have never taken drug's but I may have been doped once without my consent or knowledge, it was terrifying and took me a while to get over so if I was doped then that would be what you call a bad trip (back when I was at the start of a degree course, I also had head injury's not long after so it was the year from hell.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Nothing you have stated relates to the actual process used.
Your knowledge on the subject is incredibly wrong.
Your knowledge on the process, substrates and even basic terms is incredibly wrong.
Your knowledge on mj growers is incredibly wrong.
No mushroom grower in the history of mushroom growers has or will ever support a gd terrorist.
You couldn't be more wrong.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sorry pal I have family that work in the industry, a farm to be precise so were are you getting your information from.

Check your own word's, I have not said anything about growers funding terrorists but on the general subject of illegal drug's the link between that and terrorism is a known fact.
eblnews.com...
ankarabarosu.org.tr...

Most fungi spread from spores released from this gill like formation's in the underside of the mushroom - the way that most tray's are seeded is with a type of mushroom seed, not a spore you may note since it is a tiny bit of fungus, the fungus natural cycle though is to use air current's to spread it's tiny spores around so this practice has been developed by human growers.

Some fungi and mold pray on other fungi and Web is a common (if not the scientific) name used by workers in the mushroom shed's referring to one such blight that is common in the UK.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sorry pal, that's the problem with your opinion. You are applying your knowledge of commercial mushroom production with psilocybin production.
They are not the same. My knowledge is from studying and experience on the actual subject.
You don't even use the basic terms right. Like spores. You don't even understand the basic substrates used.
It's not grown in big sheets and open air like regular mushrooms.
I could school you on the process, but it's getting into the grey are with t&c's here.

And bs on terrorism. Quit buying the lies. It's some dudebro hippy selling shrooms grown in totes.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Stop trying to deflect.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know back in the day with hallucinogenics it was never an issue in mixed company, but these days, who knows. It really could lead to a whole slew of allegations against otherwise innocent parties.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Stop being wrong and cocky about it. You are wasting my time.

Tell me more about mushroom seeds, that stuff is comedy.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A few people in this thread don't seem to understand the difference between decriminalization and legalization.

Decriminalizing something does not make it legal, it just means it's not a 'criminal act'... as in, no criminal conviction, no jail!

Decriminalization does not mean every corner store is going to be allowed to sell shrooms by the pound... which is why its complete nonsense to claim this is going to somehow cause people to suddenly decide it'd be a good idea to drive well tripping!

As far as the positive or negative aspects for ingesting mushrooms go... Well whatever! I have no interest in convincing a grown adult of what they should or shouldn't put in their own bodies, one way or the other.

But I will say that its blatant tyranny and a crime against humanity for a government to criminalize the use of a plant, fungi or even cacti... it just blows my mind that the people have allowed them to get away with doing it for so long.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Now you claim that I am being cocky, not at all, I will admit if I am wrong but you are simply launching an attack.
You took offense to several of my statement's and have been sporting for an argument which to my mind say's Thread Deflection.

This is not about YOU it's about Denver decriminalizing the variety's native to there state, you do know there are hundred's - probably more - variety's of so called magic mushroom's and here is a page showing just a few variety's over here in the UK.
www.trufflemagic.com...
It's very easy to misidentify a mushroom and some variety's that look almost identical to these are actually deadly so this is not a field guide for some idiot to go out picking them.
So if the same hold's true in that state over in the America's then I should expect a few people to be rushed to hospital after going mushroom hunting.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

An attack? Pssh please, I don't get crybullied.

The talk we were having was in relation to the false statements you made and your general lack of knowledge on the subject.

The rest of that last post is irrelevant filler material to try and appear educated on the subject.

I'm not new buddy.

You claim you will admit when you're wrong, but just keep deflecting on our topic. Go do a 5 min google search and get back to me with your apology.

I will give you time to research it.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I take it you missed my earlier comment (which I deleted as it contained too many of my personal fact's), believe me though not a user I know a bit more than you seem to believe.
It's poison not only to the user but to society itself, the only thing worse is not regulating it and I do agree decriminalizing it may be the way to go as then at least it can be regulated rather than feeding the financial gain's of a bunch of scum bag criminal dealers.

Say that to the millions of people around the world who have benafited from this. Say that to the researchers who are saying the benafits are huge when it comes to mental health, anxiety, ptsd, addiction the list goes on!
edit on 9-5-2019 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Welp guess I'm taking the year off.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Gee , that's a Great Idea . Have all it's Residents Tripping Out on hallucinogens while they Crash their Cars , Shoot their Dogs , and Wreck Havoc on their Fellow Man 24/7 . Why are so Many Liberal Leaning State Government Officials so Effin' Stupid ? I Live in New Jersey by the way . Somebody Get me the Hell Out of Liberal Fairyland Too ! ...........

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Back on subject. There are pretty much no rec drugs that are an actual "enhancement" just an experience and some do real damage to your brain and body.

They all create a feeling. You should never try and get into the position with any chemicals where your "normal" or regular state of mind is under the influence.

I'm glad to see Colorado take the first steps to leaving the prison planet mentality and education needs to pick up in school as to the effects of certain drugs to help avoid problems.

Imo schools need to step up education and shock education, particularly with alcohol and other hard drugs.
Bring in a toothless ex methhead and someone dying from alcohol to really get the point across.

Realistically, imo, you are probably not going to see a big jump in shroom users here and any material such as microdosed shrooms needs investigated. It is fixing things pharmacies can't synthesize out of chemicals for a profit.
Holistic natural medicine is not researched enough, nature holds a ton of fixes for problems, like the plant that cures poison ivy that grows right next to it.
I think we need to hit this are hard as well as gut microbe research.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Gee , that's a Great Idea . Have all it's Residents Tripping Out on hallucinogens while they Crash their Cars , Shoot their Dogs , and Wreck Havoc on their Fellow Man 24/7 . Why are so Many Liberal Leaning State Government Officials so Effin' Stupid ? I Live in New Jersey by the way . Somebody Get me the Hell Out of Liberal Fairyland Too ! ...........

Stop being ridiculous! Maybe educate yourself before you make stupid statements!
edit on 9-5-2019 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
and the fungi proclaimed ''Hail Pollock, Lord of Tampanensis'.'

purina dog chow sales should do well.

f.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

People using shrooms won't change, they will not be barred from employment and clog up courts and jails though.

Shrooming or tripping isn't something you just do and drive around on like alcohol.

You just sit on the couch, or in the woods while your vision plays tricks on you and everything is ungodly hilarious.

Which is what I suspect is the essence they are trying to capture with the microdosing...the happiness chemical derived from it, without the psychadelic trip involved.

You are not going to see the public walking around tripping balls and creating havok.
Shrooms are too exhausting mentally, to just do all the time, it'll sort itself out.

Adults don't need a nanny state.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Gee , I dunno Jay , you Sound like my Parents ........Hmm.......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join