It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

And it was available to the public back then. Just all of the LORAN stations are gone now and replaced by GPS satellites. But keep trolling along.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The video you presented is flawed. The vacuum in space is at a equalibtium. The video showing a vacuum behind the baloon is creating a pressure gradient force. In fact there are 3 different forces, the baloon, the vacuum and the ambient pressure.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

There were two trials with the vacuum behind the car to show that the drag created by vacuum didn’t affect the car movement significantly.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

So technology that existed without satellites. They just simply improved on it and told you it’s satellites to promote the space travel hoax

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There is no vacuum cleaner in space behind a rocket. Space is in an ambient vacuum.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So point out the flaws in the video.

to use your tactics you used towards another poster in this thread......

what video

show me

Are they satellites?

I asked you what else they could be, so now you are repeating the same question I asked you?

what are they if not satellites?

especially ones that go dark after passing a point in the sky where they cannot be seen due to ones perspective on the ground and the satellites position above relative to the sun that's below the horizon for the observer on the ground?

A video is an medium to explain things.

Yes they can be, ones have been shown to you in this thread that you can actually follow and do the simple experiment at home to learn a thing or 2.

However, more often than not, concerning subjects seen on alternative sites and conspiracy sites its doesn't explain but is a means of manipulation of those with similar interest that are maybe not as open minded as they believe but a hell of a lot more gullible then they could ever admit to themselves let alone others.

Its seen way to often right here on ATS.

Can you verify their altitudes when you see them?

In this discussion I don't need to, I am not claiming they are but you are certainly insinuating they are not, are you not?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
without oxygen rockets indeed don't work in space but that's why rocket's have an oxidizer, to mix oxygen with the fuel to maintain thrust in a low oxygen environment.

you're right OP but i think you're confusing information about why it doesn't work and how it was resolved.
edit on 6-5-2019 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Vacuum cleaner merely creates low pressure. Vacuum of space is extreme low pressure.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So you have not rebutted any of my claims with actual fact or reason. Your only evidence is hearsay

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So you have not rebutted any of my claims with actual fact or reason.

Do I need too?

I couldn't care less about your claims, reading the thread its shown you haven't a leg to stand on and fail to show you do other than pointing a to a YouTube video.

I asked you a simple question about satellites I can see.

What are they if not satellites?

Your only evidence is hearsay

WTF are you on about?

I asked you a question not provided any evidence.

I get it,

Thanks for answering

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yes, but in your video the vacuum cleaner is creating a gradient force that is lower than ambient pressure of the room and of the baloon. The vacuum is causing air pressure or a wind that is going against the car and slows its forward movement. It is not the same in space. It is a flawed example.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If you were to tape a CO2 cartridge to a toy car and put it in a long vacuum chamber. Puncture the cartridge to have the CO2 gas escape to see if it would move the car. Would you accept that as an example?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is this one scientist against every other Scientist, that says this.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
a reply to: hutch622

GPS can exist without the use of satellites

Man, I've always wondered what GPS stands for.....sigh.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm.. hoping that I'm just echoing what has been said already, but you can explore this yourself.

Its not a bad idea to verify what scientists, and more commonly Google, tell you is Truth. I do recognize that actually doing scientific exploration is heresy nowadays, but the scientific method is a pretty damn cool thing.

We can actually explore these things ourselves outside of the internet.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Some people just continue to talk out there ass
Adam Savages fart fueled rocket

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nominating this as the Most Useless Thread of 2019.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere
Why do you comment without understanding the argument. The argument is not lack of oxygen for combustion

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Literally I just replied to you saying there were two trials that equally generated drag. The only difference is the one trial the vacuum was close to the balloon opening

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Exactly. Unless someone here can verify an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force, rockets do not work in space

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join