It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
a reply to: worldstarcountry

and they cannot prove that rocket work in vacuum. They may post some fake videos or say that they can see the ISS with the naked eye. But that is all

Rockets are more efficient in a vacuum for propulsion since no DRAG, and the propellant force pushes against the rocket itself and moves it, not the vacuum of space. This was 3rd grade science 101 back in 1970 during Apollo. Doesn't matter if their is a vacuum or not, any kind of engine that uses the force of it's exhaust burn to propel it works the exact same way in an atmosphere or a vacuum. An atmosphere just adds a lot of drag and decreases efficiency.

Proof? Lots of proof unless you don't like proof and just ignore it.
edit on 5-5-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
A bullet will fire in space. Will the pressure from the explosion not force the bullet out? Of course it will, and if you fire it at the expanse of the universe while in space it will give you a little push in the opposite direction. The bullet could travel quite literally forever in space as the universe is expanding so fast it would never catch up.

Fire needs oxygen. That's why they use ray guns instead.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sure, there are lots of things in our common understanding to question and finding things out first hand is a good impulse, and learning physics is difficult, math heavy and sometimes counter intuitive...

but I would think if one were to question rockets working in space, they'd zero in on how it could combust in a vacuum without ambient oxygen, rather than rushing right to the "there's nuthin to push off of."

Tra la la...

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

www.livescience.com...

Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.

Not rocket science!

edit on 5-5-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
Heres a youtube video that shows an experiment with a vacuum chamber and soda can. Rockets can move in a vacuum.

It was the vacuum that burst the can. However, at 4:50 you can see the can top was blown off. The pressure pushed off the can top as it was blown off the can. Like firing a gun, yes there is recoil because pressure builds up between the gun and bullet. The pressure pushes the bullet out and in turn pushes the gun. A rocket is like a gun firing a blank. The powder burns and moves out of the barrel only pushing off the air (assuming the gun powder was not encased in anything). Now if the can stayed in one piece and the top stayed attached, the can wouldn’t have moved.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It is evident that no one listened to the explanation in the video. It clearly shows that there is no equal and opposite force from gas movement due pressure gradient force.

No one here can prove otherwise.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

where is your proof? You say there is a lot but I don't see any

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

No it does not push off of the air to move at all. The pushing force is in resistance to the body and it's mass. The air is irrelevant. If a rocket engine needed the air to move then it wouldn't go anywhere but just make noise and fire.

How is the air around a rocket or near the engine going to make the rocket move? It can't. The air is just junk getting in the way.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Modern ammo contains an oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, firing a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required!
Not rocket science.

Yeah but everybody knows everything goes like slow motion in space, so you can dodge a bullet like the movie Matrix.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No it doesn't. The video shows that there is no equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force. This is proven in the video. Why is no opposite force seen on the scale.

Where is your proof? You have none

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It is evident that no one listened to the explanation in the video.

Nope. We didn't and we won't.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

where is your proof? You say there is a lot but I don't see any

If you can't find proof by studying real rocketry or are just so stubborn to say what you are saying, then it just means you don't want to have anything to do with known facts and are just uttering meaningless words here.

To have a valid argument you first need a frame of common reference and be willing to learn. You have brought neither of these requirements.

My advise is just give up and don't try to understand how a rocket works since being a viable student comes first. Learn how to be a viable student, and then learn rocket science. In other words you need to put the horse ahead of the plow first.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I’m not being stubborn. There is no evidence of rockets in space. If you can prove it using science and experiment, it doesn’t work. No matter how much hearsay

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

There is no evidence of rockets in space. 

Makes you wonder how they got all those satellites up there.

Catapults maybe?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

If you can prove it using science and experiment, it doesn’t work.

So no matter what you're just going to ignore science since you refuse to think logically. I provided two videos for you to watch. One of the videos has an experiment that you can duplicate at home. I think you don't understand the difference between hand holding, and shoving your face in the facts of science.

Since there seems to be a massive disagreement between you and scientific facts, why don't you explain why you believe that rockets don't work in space? No referring videos, or non-verifiable facts, just state your opinion as to why science of rockets are wrong.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

What experiment? Show me then.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Makes you wonder if there are any satellites up there

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Guyfriday

What experiment? Show me then.

I provided you with a video of a guy lighting up a rocket in a vacuum, and the rocket moved the object it was attached to.

link   

a reply to: ausername

Makes you wonder if there are any satellites up there

Not me.

link   

Oops

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join