It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I second the nomination but give points for persistence!!

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NicSign

I'm saying you can explore it. I'd venture a guess that you care more about it than anyone else in the thread.

Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it isn't true. In fact, that's a huge motivating factor in scientific exploration. "That doesn't make sense to me, I'm going to figure it out."

Nowadays, that just means Google, YouTube videos, etc. from all sides of any conversation. But, some of us still feel there is merit in personal exploration and that the world isn't really "figured out" by links.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Newtons 3rd law. For each action, equal and opposite reaction. Stuff comes out one end of a container at high velocity and the container it comes out of goes other direction. Simple physics dude. Nothing to push against is needed for rockets to work.
edit on 6-5-2019 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

I second the nomination but give points for persistence!!

Demonstrating the ability to stay ignorant isn't something to take pride in though. Well at least for most people.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

As long as you can prove the vacuum remains under vacuum and does not get pressurized by the CO2

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I did explore. I tried to find an equal and opposite force from gas movement due to pressure gradient force but I could not and no one on this forum or any other place can prove such thing

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not true.

If you were in space floating in a space suit and had a big boulder and you threw/pushed the boulder away from you with two arms, both you and the boulder would propel away from each other. So basically a rocket is like throwing many little things away from you which creates the same effect.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The death star would too explode and due to oxygen, because its crew had to breath something right. Therefore the oxygen already in the ship would have activated as a oxidizer.

The death star was huge, it had lots of oxygen and other flammable accelerants.

As for sounds, just because we can't hear them within our very limited range, doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign

I did explore.

Good job!

Given what I've said, I take that to mean you didn't just search the internet and performed some experiments, or something similar.

I would think your next steps might be filming some of your work, or at least outlining methodologies, processes, and the such, in written form. It can be very, very easy to overlook random things in our own work, which is why the collaborative part of things is so important in all directions.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The scale experiment, the ballon car experiment (independently verified by another). All documented in the video and can be easily reproduced

Where’s the pro space rocket experiments?

link   
NicSign:

Rockets require external resistance.

Seriously? Rockets are required to overcome the earth's gravitational pull only, and that is the only resistance they need to overcome.

When a rocket fires, its resistance to the earth's gravitational field is internal, inside the fuel tubes against which imbued velocity pushes against, thus driving the rocket forwards.

Despair is all I can feel reading the posts in the threads of ATS.

link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Again. What don’t you understand about throwing a Boulder is not the same thing as gas movement due to pressure gradient force?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

so you are saying the rockets reach escape velocity and then do not thrust once they are in space?

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Again. What don’t you understand about throwing a Boulder is not the same thing as gas movement due to pressure gradient force?

Yes it is just the boulder molecules are denser than the gas ones.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The trouble with vacuum chambers is they are nothing like space - they have walls , and therefore provide external resistance to propel from . Space desn't have any walls , and therefore no resistance to push away from .
So when a rocket blast hits Cape Canaveral soil , it's pushing up from the ground, and as it continues up its pushing upwards from the accumulation of pressurized exhaust against the air underneath it . It rises slowly at first and gradually increases in speed as momentum upward is gained . Huge amounts of highly combustible fuel is needed to achieve this effect

In space itself , there is nothing behind the rocket from which to propel against. Exhaust pressure cannot accumulate but it dissipates into the vacuum conditions and therefore no momentum can be gained . A similar effect would be like that of a punting stick , when pushed against the river bottom , thrust is achieved effectively , but , when pushed against only the water itself , no thrust occurs , and there will be no forward momentum of the craft .

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Oh lord, another one.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It is not about pushing against something.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

ZOMG another heretic : burn him with fire !!

Thou shalt not take the Loony Landings name in vain .

There are certain circles where , if you still believe everything you're told , especially about *that topic* , then nothing you ever say is listened to again . Your point of view in all normal respects becomes worthless , in fact regarded as worse than useless , and entirely ignorable. For the foreseeable . Oh well

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Actually, the stick would work but make the stick a little wider and it's called a paddle.
A paddle doesn't work? It doesn't push water backwards, propelling the boat forward?

edit on 5/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Phage the punting stick was the example given , not the paddle .

Roadgravel your video contains an open admission that rockets do not work in space , that they need at least some atmosphere to be effectual at all .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join