It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets do not work in the vacuum of space. You will believe anything "expert" scientists say.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Rockets require external resistance, like an atmosphere to push off of. The rocket does not give its exhaust momentum, the momentum is given by pressure gradient force. Just like when you drop an object from a height, your hand doesn't give the object momentum, gravity does. if the object falls fast enough and meets resistance, like the floor, it might bounce back and hit you.

"Conservation of momentum is a fundamental law of physics which states that the momentum of a system is constant if there are no external forces acting on the system. It is embodied in Newton's first law (the law of inertia)."

external force is pressure gradient force, not the rocket

There is no scientific explanation of rocket being able to thrust in a vacuum . Only edited and fake videos. Watch in full before commenting something that is already answered.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NicSign
Lol, I think I will stick to actual rocket scientists when it comes to the science behind rocketry. A handful of them are actual members of ATS.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NicSign
Rockets require external resistance, like an atmosphere to push off of. The rocket does not give its exhaust momentum, the momentum is given by pressure gradient force. Just like when you drop an object from a height, your hand doesn't give the object momentum, gravity does. if the object falls fast enough and meets resistance, like the floor, it might bounce back and hit you.

"Conservation of momentum is a fundamental law of physics which states that the momentum of a system is constant if there are no external forces acting on the system. It is embodied in Newton's first law (the law of inertia)."

He's right you know.

And this is why the rockets that propel soyuz capsules, satellites, and shuttles into orbit are designed to fall away and crash to Earth after they reach sufficient propulsion to attain the necessary trajectory for their mission.

nec·es·sar·y
/ˈnesəˌserē/
adjective
required to be done, achieved, or present; needed; essential.
"it's not necessary for you to be here"

Only astronauts.

need to know definition
The term "need to know", when used by government and other organizations, describes the restriction of data which is considered very sensitive.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

and they cannot prove that rocket work in vacuum. They may post some fake videos or say that they can see the ISS with the naked eye. But that is all

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

and they cannot prove that rocket work in vacuum. They may post some fake videos or say that they can see the ISS with the naked eye. But that is all

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just watched the movie Apollo 11 last night. It's a documentary with great hi res film from back in the day. I would suggest you and everyone see this gem. It explains a lot. Great film. I got goose bumps during the liftoff, turn it up and feel the power yourselves.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have seen the ISS with my naked eye a few times. Usually around August - October and its orbit makes it visible in the west, northwestern sky over the bay at night for a few days in a row. No more than 10 seconds to about a minute though.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Try this...

How rockets work in space

If it turns out that its not true that rockets work in space, I will take over as de facto head of the Flat Earth movement and become a St. Louis Cardinals fan.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

In space, rockets zoom around with no air to push against. ... Rockets and engines in space behave according to Isaac Newton's third law of motion: Every action produces an equal and opposite reaction. When a rocket shoots fuel out one end, this propels the rocket forward — no air is required.Apr 9, 2013
How Do Space Rockets Work Without Air? - Live Science
www.livescience.com...

Fighting Gravity
Caleb Johnson

So dark when we've lost our way
Way out here in outer space
The memories are all I've saved tonight
You flew me to the highest highs
Never thought you would ever quit on me
And I can't stop falling there's no fighting gravity whoa
And I'm crashing through the atmosphere
Without you I'm gasping it's hard to breathe
And I keep on stalling there's no fighting gravity

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

What if a rocket engine creates its own unVacuumated area right behind the exhaust ?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Rockets do work in space. How do you think satalites, the ISS and other things move around? The rocket pushes against itself to move forward. The action of the rocket or propellent being pushed out, produces a reaction that causes the vehicle to move forward.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What if a rocket engine creates its own unVacuumated area right behind the exhaust ?

Oh, you mean this?

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah that's it !! 😎

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
*nazi accent
So you don't believe in ze expertise of professionals ? Come viz us ve have a fully educated psychiatric practitioner who vill understand and treat all your problems for you .
Don't vorry , zeez ambulancemen have been in several control and restraint verkshops . Ze pharmacist vill know exactly ze drugs vich you vill require for your rehabilitation programme

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I am eagerly awaiting your next thread, entitled "How you can pick yourself up by your bootstraps... don't believe in what the "experts" say about gravity.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Pretty sure there is no resistance in space, like here on earth.
Air resistance reduces the further you get away from earth as the air molecules continue to be less compressed by the effects of gravity.

They just produced thrust in a vacuum with microwaves which are a joke compared to a thrust from a focused "explosion" from a rocket
Trust me I'm a certified rocket surgeon.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You seem to be confused as to how this works. When expanding gas is ejected from the back side of a rocket, the front side is pushed forward due to that force.

Gravity pulls an object towards it, but gravity is a weak force. Anyone can defy gravity by jumping.A rocket defies gravity by doing the same basic thing, but with more force.

In a vacuum though (which is where you seem to be confused) the force that is created by the exiting gas from the rocket is also the same force that is pushing the rocket. I'm not sure where your confusing about this seems to be coming from?

Since you like the youtubes:
YT: Rockets and Science
YT: Cody's Lab

And there's more if you need them, but I think you can get the idea. Rockets do in fact work in space. Though you're probably just going to say "photoshop, faked, or whatever. Science isn't opinion, it's facts. You don't have to like them, but in science you are given all the facts to replicate the experiment for your self to see if it works or not.

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
A rocket engine in space (vacuum) is a controlled explosion. One side of the explosion goes into vacuum, the other side of the explosion confronts another explosion (pico)? seconds after the first explosion creating not only thrust, but a physical barrier in which to propel.

edit on 5-5-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join