It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Release Body-Cam Video of Willie McCoy Killing, Showing Him Asleep in Car

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Then respectfully, your question had no point.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow, they fired all of those bullets into this guy, then demanded he show them his hands?

wtf?

I'm not going to judge, wasn't there, the video doesn't show everything. But that's my observation.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Except I see people placing the full blame on the police. One bullet is all it takes to end a life. 5 of them surviving won't be a comfort to the family of the 1 who didn't. The guy with the gun on his lap is absolutely part of the blame, the cops very well may too, haven't rushed to that judgement yet though.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I don't follow. Saying that cops kill people who don't have guns has nothing to do with this case, unless I misunderstood you.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

They will always demand that, it's possible for someone to be shot and then come to and shoot.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You asked if this would of happened if he didnt have a gun..which is impossible to answer, but history shows that it could.

I personally know a guy who was shot through the neck and paralysed for life, for reaching for his wallet after his id was requested..this was in Canada to boot, not like Canadians run around packing.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Wow, they fired all of those bullets into this guy, then demanded he show them his hands? wtf?

That is how they are trained.
If they do not act in accordance with their training, they can be found at fault.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You can never say it could, you can say it has happened. Was it these cops, would it have happened again, there is no way anyone can say that.

What we can do is look at every single situation in it's own context. What we can not do is say something has happened at one time by other people in other places and draw conclusions about this case.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Why was he unconscious with a gun in his lap in the drive through of a restaurant?

That's called a poor decision. It's also a dangerous one, as we saw.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You asked if this would of happened if he didnt have a gun..which is impossible to answer, but history shows that it could.

Sure, it could.
It could happen at every traffic stop that a cop makes.... but it doesn’t... does it?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That why I said it "could" of happened and not would of happened, we'll never know here.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Its rare I'm sure..but like I said, I know an innocent that it happened to, he got 11mill, but that doesn't buy his mobility back.
A hypothetical was asked, a hypothetical awswer was given.

edit on 30-3-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Its rare I'm sure.
A hypothetical was asked, a hypothetical awswer was given.

And I touched on reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So did I

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

These cops aren't even capable of executing simple protocol that would result in no shots fired, yet the only thing executed was the sleeping dude.

Jesus, multiple cops firing, that moment with which herd mentality takes over and its kill kill kill plus 100 adrenaline rush plus shout for tempering effect. Total overkill.

Happens all the time, far too easily....

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This situation is easily avoided. Don't pass out in a drive thru line with a gun in your lap and the car running. That's all under control of the person.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Before you rant on these cops.. ask yourself, what would do in that situation ?

handled it better than that. and then to command someone who is fatally injured to hold their hands up, and show them hands, c'mon, these cops are idiots. they knew what the hell was going to happen, they were counting on it almost. that is called an itchy trigger finger there buddy. you need 3 things to line up before you can open fire on a suspect, intent, capability, and opportunity. did the suspect have all 3 of these? no he did not. so the cops handled this like idiots.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Arnie123

These cops aren't even capable of executing simple protocol that would result in no shots fired, yet the only thing executed was the sleeping dude.

Jesus, multiple cops firing, that moment with which herd mentality takes over and its kill kill kill plus 100 adrenaline rush plus shout for tempering effect. Total overkill.

Happens all the time, far too easily....

just like the monsters in this video. itchy ass trigger fingers totally. intent, capability, and opportunity were not present. and then after they shoot him, no one gives him medical attention. if these "BOYS" in blue wanna go shoot someone that bad, go over seas were there is real fighting, these cops are huge cowards imo.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: projectvxn

For the sake of argument, 6 fools blasting into a car isn't really any more responsible shooting, ricochets, pass throughs..etc

That's true. Wasn't making a counter-argument.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: KansasGirl

There was no death penalty and he was not killed for the mere fact of having a gun. He created this situation. Now that doesn't mean the police did everything perfect, but I am not going to place ALL the blame on the police.

I never said he shouldn't bear some responsibility.

I also think it was completely unnecessary the way it went down.

Five or 6 cops all emptying their clips into a car? With one guy, asleep? That is so stupid! I think those cops need to re-take IQ tests or intelligence tests or whatever they use to qualify cops. If they aren't stuoid, then they are careless and irresponsible, NOT attributes we want cops to have. How did they get to the point that they all thought it was aceptBle to group fire into a car with one unconscious dude in it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join