It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Release Body-Cam Video of Willie McCoy Killing, Showing Him Asleep in Car

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

experience as active-duty or ex law enforcement

I've never been law enforcement nor do I have any family members that are.

All I can tell you is that 90% my experience with police officers has been positive.

But that negative 10% was really bad. With the officers braking all kinds of laws. Threatening to kill innocent people and using there power to be terrorists.

But like I said the few stories I have like that are rare. Most of the time I am glad we have cops.

In my heart I am an anarchists. But for the sake of the people I love I "put up with" the idea of " law and order".

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There is a tool in metal working called a center punch. You put the point in the corner of the window and push until it clicks. The window shatters but usually stays together instead of throwing glass everywhere.

They should be standard issue for police and in this particular case could have saved a life.

edit on 30-3-2019 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Before you rant on these cops.. ask yourself, what would do in that situation ?

I sure as hell wouldn't execute him.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

After watching the video.

Absolute cowards.

If that had been a passed out girl they never would have done that.

That was clearly a fear based reaction.

Fear of the scary black man with a gun.

I hate to bring race into it but our society has a lot of fear of the black man. And police overreaction is just one of the ways that this fear becomes manifest. Really ask yourself what the reaction would have been if he had been white.

Look how long it took them to make a plan and open the door. That guy was so out they could have simply opened the door and took that gun.

Also why did they need to do anything at all???
Just what for the guy to wake up. Is toco bells lost drive through profits worth what happened here?
Why not get an air horn and try harder to wake the guy up. I mean it looked to me like the guy was waking up in the end. Why didn't they just run away from the car as soon as he started moving.

Because they were so afraid at that point, had worked themselves up so much, that they assumed he would start shooting the moment he woke up. That's way. Fear.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
While America preaches to other nations about violence and democracy this is how it treats its own citizens, death by Police, anther sad indictment on how not to police the public, why is it in the UK we dont seem to have murder by cop as frequent as this "civilised" society?

List of crimes in US and there punishments

Speeding - Death by firing squad
Parked in car park - Death by firing squad
Jaywalking - Death by firing squad
Hands up - Death by firing squad
Inside own home - Death by firing squad

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I would try harder to wake him up like with an air horn or loud speaker.

I would wait until he woke up on his own.

I would bump his car with my car to startle him awake.

I would run his tag and get his cell number and call it. Let it ring and ring.

After finding out who he was I would alert his family members. Have one of them come down and wake him.

Very last option for me would be to empty my clip into the car at him.

What would you have done?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Is a police officer supposed to lay down his life

Of course not.
But those officers in that video put their own lives at risk unnecessarily buy not blocking the car and waking the guy from a distance.
edit on 30-3-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Rubber bullets break glass.

Why not have shoot out his window with rubber bullets from way back behind the cop cars first?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
I vote the rapper was just literally too stupid to live. I mean seriously, who actually makes a series of choices that lands himself in this situation, other than someone following a role in a script?? If he had not perished here, he would have likely wrapped his car around a pole or somehow stumbled from a party balcony fifteen stories up and faceplant.

I'm not saying he deserved this, just that he was clearly going to perish from stupid based on his series of choices anyways.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Seems to me after re watching the vid that it was the light from the flashlight that woke him up.

Could have tried putting a spot light on his face.

Lot's of ways to try and safely wake this guy up that didn't require bullets to the face.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It made me sick to watch that video. Those officers should be ashamed of themselves. I don't understand how they felt threatened at all in that situation the officer could have stood back behind the window post so that it would have been very very difficult for the driver to have been able to shoot him and they should have knocked on the window until he came to.

They were dealing with a man who was essentially passed out. I don't understand how they felt threatened in that situation. By having an officer standing on the passenger side with his gun drawn. That officer could have easily defended the officer that was on the driver side.

The officer that was at the driver's window should definitely be fired and prosecuted for manslaughter. at the least is right to own a firearm should be revoked. He's a f****** psychopath.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Macenroe82

My goodness.
What a bunch of cowards.
A single warning shot would be enough to deescalate the majority of these situations.

Warning shots are irresponsible.

Stay in your lane.

They could have fired a warning shot or they could have used their car pa system. I don't think they had to kill him.

From actual experience, warning shots work. Sometimes you need more than one. Sometimes you need to blow up their car while they are coming towards you. But in the end, warning shots work, at least that's my experience dealing with terrorists :-)

"Stay in your lane" WTF is that? Lead, follow or get the f*** out of the way.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/30.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Warning shots are irresponsible.

If you don't know where your rounds are going then YOU are irresponsible.

Your experience means nothing to me. This isn't Afghanistan or Iraq where firing over the heads of people to get them back is acceptable. I've done this myself. Warning shots in a populated area with people as a back stop is stupid and irresponsible.

So yes, stay in your lane, hopefully you won't be stupid enough to kill someone with your "warning shots".

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Waiting for the Bootlickers to try and defend Cops

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why is he asleep with a gun on his lap?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Not what these f'ing cowards did..how bout that!

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Why I'd yell let me see your hands, after pumping 60 shots into him. Duh..

I noticed that too. Five cops emptied their guns into the guy and then the one is yelling let me see your hands. What assholes.

Sorry, ATS cops who are going to come along and tell me all the reasons it's ok that five cops all simultaneously emptied their guns into an unconscious man. It was wrong, they handled it shi ttily
edit on 30-3-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Or wake up to armed thugs...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

What responsibility does the guy in the car bare for sleeping in a drive thru with a gun in his lap?

(post by Macenroe82 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join