It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Muslims protest LGBTQ information

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Not that long ago our own societies and religious were persecuting homosexuals, that's hardly the domain of just people of the Muslim persuasion.

As to "Leave these poor folks alone. The vast majority are good people trying to live their lives, just a little differently from the rest of us". Well, one could argue that is probably applicable to most Muslims also.

Why not just let the parents decide when, where, and how to inform their own kids about the idiosyncrasies of sexuality when they are ready to assimilate the information and digest it in the proper manner?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ScepticScot

Then it should not require teaching.

Simply stating "Andy has 2 mummies and that's ok" can be done by the parents just fine or by Andy for that matter.

Think there may be a little more to it than just the above all the same, hence my ambivalence to support such lunacy.

And if the parents aren't teaching it?

The first few years of school are as much about learning how to socialize and interact as about formal learning.

Learning about tolerance and basically not being a little dick absolutely should be part of that.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If the parents are not teaching it then they probably don't wish it to be taught until they feel their kids can comprehend in a meaningful manner.

Who knows more about your kids you or the school? You or the government?

Our society is perfectly tolerant in this day of age.

Little dicks, be little dicks, ScepticScot education does not weed them out that's natural selection and sods laws department.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If the parents are not teaching it then they probably don't wish it to be taught until they feel their kids can comprehend in a meaningful manner.

Who knows more about your kids you or the school? You or the government?

Our society is perfectly tolerant in this day of age.

Little dicks, be little dicks, ScepticScot education does not weed them out that's natural selection and sods laws department.

If the parents think the works is flat should the school not teach geography? There are good reasons why parents don't have total say on what their kids learn.

I assume you are joking about society being perfectly tolerant as no one who reads this site could possibly believe that.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"If the parents think the works is flat should the school not teach geography?"

Geography and the issues that surround LGBTQ are hardly synonymous.

"There are good reasons why parents don't have total say on what their kids learn."

They do if they are homeschooled, just a thought.

"I assume you are joking about society being perfectly tolerant as no one who reads this site could possibly believe that."

I think we are doing just fine and headed in the correct direction acceptance-wise, put it that way, aside from the rightwing crazies and religious intolerant bastards.

No need to indoctrinate our primary school kids any more than we have to is my thinking on the matter.

Who knows more about your kids you or the school, you or the government?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: Flavian

What does a six year old know about being gay you just have to look at TV in the UK almost every TV advert has a mixed race couple with kids,or LGB a normal hetrosexual couple is hard to find although it's the majority

Why should the be any issue with explaining to kids that mixed race or same gender parents are not a bad thing ?

You clearly missed the memo (as did i) that this is somehow harmful to our children. Obviously teaching tolerance leads to hateful members of society when they grow........

No one said it's harmful but it seems to being shown as the norm, when it's not.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

"If the parents think the works is flat should the school not teach geography?"

Geography and the issues that surround LGBTQ are hardly synonymous.

"There are good reasons why parents don't have total say on what their kids learn."

They do if they are homeschooled, just a thought.

"I assume you are joking about society being perfectly tolerant as no one who reads this site could possibly believe that."

I think we are doing just fine and headed in the correct direction acceptance-wise, put it that way, aside from the rightwing crazies and religious intolerant bastards.

No need to indoctrinate our primary school kids any more than we have to is my thinking on the matter.

Who knows more about your kids you or the school, you or the government?

Your right, knowing about tolerance and diversity is way way more important than understanding how oxbow lakes are formed.

One of the main reasons we are moving in the right direction is an education system that promotes tolerance and diversity. However we still have a long way to go.

It isn't a question of who knows most about the individual children. It's about having a education system that teaches crucial life skills that includes tolerance.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My two boys are now 19 and 16, and one of my main goals in their growth to adulthood was to manage their childhood growth to not happen too quickly. I have seen too many times children growing up too quickly and lose big chunks of their childhood growth into maturity, and this is not good.

I would say that understanding of the LBGT community has its place in school if done right, and at the right maturity level of the audience. To explain people are different doesn't mean we need to jump two feet in to sexuality too.
edit on 28-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Christian people should march in Rochdale and moan about the sexulalisation of children , people in glass houses and all that

Your post has largely been by passed and unnoticed due to many not associating

Muslim men and the grooming of underage girls.

Rotherham Council commissioned an independent inquiry led by Professor Alexis Jay. In August 2014 the Jay report concluded that an estimated 1,400 children, most of them white girls,[15] had been sexually abused in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013 by predominantly British-Pakistani men

en.wikipedia.org...

The hypocrisy when they ignore what goes on under their own noses and

Rotherham was not the only area where that was going on. So perhaps they

would benefit from sex education. Because it is ignored doesn't mean it

doesn't exist.

I have a younger sister who works for social services and hear the horror stories in the press and news but have worked a few times in Birmingham and found it a nice quiet area to travel and live the locals are very friendly and people just seemed to get on with their lives .

I have lived in Muslim areas there in B&B and nobody noticed or bothered me , i got to like Brummies
the local Muslim shops were great , i have worked in a few Muslim families homes and bushinesses over the decades and they were all nice people , but then again i am 6 foot 3 n my socks and nearly 6.8 in shoes and hat i am one of the cloud people

The local Muslim people were shocked at how polite i was to them , Respecting their customs and saying please and thank you , and wow were peanuts cheap in the shops there , very nice people in Birmingham England , i have worked n the area for maybe 9-11 weeks at shop fitting , Banks , pub refits
edit on 28/3/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/3/2019 by stonerwilliam because: ssspppeeeellllings

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Totally agree, spot on.

Summed it up rather eloquently.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
My two boys are now 19 and 16, and one of my main goals in their growth to adulthood was to manage their childhood growth to not happen too quickly. I have seen too many times children growing up too quickly and lose big chunks of their childhood growth into maturity, and this is not good.

I would say that understanding of the LBGT community has its place in school if done right, and at the right maturity level of the audience. Top explain people are different doesn't mean we need to jump two feet in to sexuality too.

I think education about LGBT we are talking about here is a lot less interesting than you might imagine.

We are talking understanding same sex couples and parents exist and that's OK. Not butt plugs and scissoring.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Hang on a second that's a little different, the parents of the kid dancing in the nightclubs are obviously a little messed up but should have the right to do that if they choose to,

You are seriously saying that parents have the right to pimp their children out to pervs?

You, sir (or madam or whatever you are calling yourself today) are one sick puppy.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Mate its always a question about knowing your own kid's minds and stage of development.

Schools simply are not equipped to be able to determine such, and nor should they be.

That's simply an unrealistic, immeasurable goal where our education system is concerned.

When you don't know what's going on that's when the problems really begin to materialize kid wise.

Schools have your weans for a few hours a day, parents have them for life.

Our education system cannot adequately even equip the poor wee souls for the jobs and situations they face when they leave school because half of them have not even been invented yet.
edit on 28-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Mate its always a question about knowing your own kid's minds and stage of development.

Schools simply are not equipped to be able to determine such, and nor should they be.

That's simply an unrealistic, immeasurable goal where our education system is concerned.

When you don't what's going on that's when the problems really begin to materialize.

Schools have your weans for a few hours a day, parents have them for life.

Our education system cannot adequately even equip the poor wee souls for the jobs and situations they face when they leave school because half of them have not even been invented yet.

All kids learn and develop at different rates. That doesn't mean we stop teaching them. Learning about social interactions, tolerance and the reality that yes there different types of people is and should be a fundamental part of the school system.

Many parents do a pish poor job of educating their children about reality. We shouldn't rob them of the opportunity to learn at school as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

My parents probably did a pish poor job also and i turned out relatively ok.

Well at least with two of my own now who i also hope turn out relatively ok.

Monkey see, Monkey do mate, but government see, government screw.

Like the song says

"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone"

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio
Protect the children???? Hypocrites. It's all tight protecting Muslim children but what about the Christian children in:-
Rotherham.
Oxford>
Rochdale.
Newcastle.
Huddersfield.
Bristol.
Telford.
Should I go on or are you all forgetful. What about all the furore about children being forced to learn and write about the 5 Pillars of Islam. In Christian schools.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I think education about LGBT we are talking about here is a lot less interesting than you might imagine.

We are talking understanding same sex couples and parents exist and that's OK. Not butt plugs and scissoring.

Well it is the same with heterosexual couples. We don't explain how mommy and daddy get it on either. The funny part is kids can be more tolerant than adults in accepting new things since they have nothing else to go on so everything is new. You do not need to explain to a 5 year old that some people have 2 daddies, and some people have 2 mommies, and some have one of each. They just see it all as a norm as it is a part of their life as they visit friends who just happen to have two daddies, as example... No need to explain.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My parents probably did a pish poor job also and i turned out relatively ok.

Well at least with two of my own now who i also hope turn out relatively ok.

Monkey see, Monkey do mate, but government see, government screw.

Like the song says

"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone"

Any patent who actually thinks they are doing a good job is probably the worst type of parent . In my view If you aren't constantly doubting yourself you aren't a good parent.

It's exactly because we shouldn't have an education system that turns out good little conformists, to go die in the army or accept their lot, that having a system that promotes diversity and tolerance is important.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And no this isn't a parental rghts issue.

Ummm... yes, it is.

Sex education in primary schools basically consists of 'some kids have 2 daddies and that's ok.

Its OK with you, but it is NOT OK for a lot of people (myself included).

Not wanting this kind of garbage taught to little kids does not equate to bigotry or anything else, it equates to the Right of parents to decide for themselves when their kids are taught about sex.

If a parent has a problem with gays existing then it's even more important that the school provides lessons on tolerance.

This has nothing to do with parents having problems with gays 'existing', please get off the crack pipe and think for a minute.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well it is the same as lets say heterosexual couples. We don't explain how mommy and daddy get it on either. The funny part is kids can be more tolerant than adults in accepting things. You do not need to explain to a 5 year old that some people have 2 daddies, and some people have 2 mommies, and some have one of each. They just see it all as a norm as it is a part of their life as they visit friends who just happen to have two daddies, as example... No need to explain.

I think you might be having slightly rise tinted glasses about how tolerant kids are (or you went to a much nicer school than I did).

Teaching kids about tolerance is the same as teaching then about how to share or play nice with other kids.

In an ideal world it would be unnecessary at school but we don't live in an ideal world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join