It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Muslims protest LGBTQ information

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

What things should be and how they actually are, differ by rather an order of magnitude.

I have not used anything i learned in University in years neither.

But i still ken the value system, and right from wrong, that my parents and grandparents taught me perfectly well.

I use those skills every day in life, and in bringing up my own children, that's a given.

School, well not so much I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
While we're at it let's ban religious indocrination till everyone is 18 as well...
It's kinda hillarious how they treat their children like their property. If all kids had balls like I used to it would be all cleaned up pretty fast.
edit on 28-3-2019 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

How's that going to work?

As i think dem pesky priests like dem alter boys somewhat younger than 18.

Seriously though if we waited till people were adults before we indoctrinated them into organized religious practice, i dont see it taking nor being defended in the same manner.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Hang on a second that's a little different, the parents of the kid dancing in the nightclubs are obviously a little messed up but should have the right to do that if they choose to,

You are seriously saying that parents have the right to pimp their children out to pervs?

You, sir (or madam or whatever you are calling yourself today) are one sick puppy.

You're the sick puppy who would force other parents to raise their kids as you see fit, OK not sick puppy, more like authoritarian douchebag forcing your morals onto others.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: LedermanStudio

This is the only thing I'm in agreement on with the Muslims! This should not be taught in any school in the UK, not just Muslim ones. It's grooming of children for one thing and another it's manipulation of the mind. Most children are not showing any symptoms of being 'gay' under the age of 12 and if they do, they would usually grow out of it, so I believe those people wanting it in the school classroom are just wanting to turn children into themselves... Maybe because they were a dying breed that they started this in the first place.

One other thing about Birmingham is it's fallen. The first City to be almost completely muslim. Didn't take much longer than 40 years!

but the english only have themselves to blame for moving out of the area!

Most kids show zero sexuality under the age of 12, straight or gay. Being truly gay, not bi, is something a person doesn't grow out of as it is a physical difference in the brain and not just social norms.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
From what I've read, these classes weren't about teaching kids how to be gay.
They were teaching them that folks who are gay are not perverts and deviants to be made fun of, feared or hated.

You know, like how kids are taught that just because someone else has a different religion they shouldn't be treated badly.

Quite ironic how this has blown up.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Actually yes, it is all part of introducing tolerance for race, religion and sexuality.

You see there is where I have issues... Sexuality...

Sexuality is about your sexual feelings, thoughts, attractions and behaviours towards other people.

So just what is sexuality tolerance that young kids should know?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well, funnily enough, i still thought an erection was for pissing over high walls until around that age.

Weans just don't see the world in a sexual context until puberty kick in, imho.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Flavian

Actually yes, it is all part of introducing tolerance for race, religion and sexuality.

You see there is where I have issues... Sexuality...

Sexuality is about your sexual feelings, thoughts, attractions and behaviours towards other people.

So just what is sexuality tolerance that young kids should know?

That some of the other kids have 2 daddies or mummies and that there is nothing wrong with that.

It isn't about sex, its about relationships.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Why should the be any issue with explaining to kids that mixed race or same gender parents are not a bad thing ?

Why would they see it as a bad thing? Times have changed, many of you think about your younger days and think we should have had this back then. What you all are missing is the reason it wasn't back then was due to social norms that saw it as bad, and the reason why we are seeing it today is only because those same social norms have changed to not see it as bad. Since social norms have changed there really isn't a reason to have it as society has accepted the LBGT community as a norm.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

At that age, i tend to find kids are simply interested in there own Mummies and Daddies lives.

They are still attempting to fathom and resolve there own family social dynamic ffs.

And now we are going to be complicating matters by introducing other peoples complex relationship situations into the mix?

Let's give the wee bastards a chance to work out what's going on before we start to complicate existence beyond there ability to comprehend.

Small steps and all that jazz.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Why should the be any issue with explaining to kids that mixed race or same gender parents are not a bad thing ?

Why would they see it as a bad thing? Times have changed, many of you think about your younger days and think we should have had this back then. What you all are missing is the reason it wasn't back then was due to social norms that saw it as bad, and the reason why we are seeing it today is only because those same social norms have changed to not see it as bad. Since social norms have changed there really isn't a reason to have it as society has accepted the LBGT community as a norm.

Because there is still a lot of society who.don't see it as ok and much of the prigressthat has been made has been due to better education.

Part of going to school is learning about the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

At that age, i tend to find kids are simply interested in there own Mummies and Daddies lives.

They are still attempting to fathom and resolve there own family social dynamic ffs.

And now we are going to be complicating matters by introducing other peoples complex relationship situations into the mix?

Let's give the wee bastards a chance to work out what's going on before we start to complicate existence beyond there ability to comprehend.

Small steps and all that jazz.

My 6 year old is more than.capable of geting that people have different relationships. We are talking basic knowledge and tolerance, not the full gender range naming convention.

If a kid has gay parents then why should the school make them feel out of place by only acknowledging one kind of relationship?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

"My 6 year old is more than.capable of geting that people have different relationships."

And does she give a crap or even raise the difference?

"We are talking basic knowledge and tolerance, not the full gender range naming convention."

If thats the case the parents are perfectly free to illuminate their children in the manner they see fit and at the appropriate time.

"If a kid has gay parents then why should the school make them feel out of place by only acknowledging one kind of relationship/"

To my knowledge, they don't.

If they feel out of place then that's there own bag of spanners to contend with hardly the school's department really.

But don't imagine gay parents feel that way or have any issue to be honest.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That some of the other kids have 2 daddies or mummies and that there is nothing wrong with that.

It isn't about sex, its about relationships.

That isn't sexuality...

I guess I don't want younger kids to be in the position to have it explained to them what is heterosexual and homosexual. As I said there is a time for that, so it is a delicate situation. Just the fact there might be 2 daddies or 2 mummies means that it is OK... No need to go past "its OK" for a good number of years...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: LedermanStudio

This is the only thing I'm in agreement on with the Muslims! This should not be taught in any school in the UK, not just Muslim ones. It's grooming of children for one thing and another it's manipulation of the mind. Most children are not showing any symptoms of being 'gay' under the age of 12 and if they do, they would usually grow out of it, so I believe those people wanting it in the school classroom are just wanting to turn children into themselves... Maybe because they were a dying breed that they started this in the first place.

One other thing about Birmingham is it's fallen. The first City to be almost completely muslim. Didn't take much longer than 40 years!

but the english only have themselves to blame for moving out of the area!

THX for making me feel even more special. I was convinced that I'm gay since I was 4 and I didn't even know that I'm not the only one.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Because there is still a lot of society who.don't see it as ok and much of the prigressthat has been made has been due to better education.

School will not change social norms and if those norms see it as bad then you all bigger issues,
edit on 28-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If a kid has gay parents then why should the school make them feel out of place by only acknowledging one kind of relationship?

Does the school somehow acknowledge or push heterosexual 1 man 1 woman? I don't think so...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Does the school somehow acknowledge or push heterosexual 1 man 1 woman? I don't think so...

Yes if that is the only relationship type that is ever discussed.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

School will not change social norms and if those norms see it as bad then you all bigger issues,

Education is one of the best methods of change.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join