It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Muslims protest LGBTQ information

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: ScepticScot
And no this isn't a parental rghts issue.

Ummm... yes, it is.

Sex education in primary schools basically consists of 'some kids have 2 daddies and that's ok.

Its OK with you, but it is NOT OK for a lot of people (myself included).

Not wanting this kind of garbage taught to little kids does not equate to bigotry or anything else, it equates to the Right of parents to decide for themselves when their kids are taught about sex.

If a parent has a problem with gays existing then it's even more important that the school provides lessons on tolerance.

This has nothing to do with parents having problems with gays 'existing', please get off the crack pipe and think for a minute.

So you are not ok with kids understanding that some people are in same-sex relationships? That is exactly why schools should teach it.

Your parental rights don't overrule the kids rights.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Show me a parent that does not dought their abilities sometimes.

And i will show you an overconfident idiot.

Who cannot possibly predict what's on the horizon nor around the next corner.

If you don't wish them to conform, then why be ok with spoon feeding children politically correct nonsensical irrelevant information they are simply not equipped nor ready to assimilate?

If weans cannot tell right from wrong how can they possibly comprehend diversity nor tolerance?

Parents teach such ethos, schools simply enforce their rules, not the same thing.

edit on 28-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Show me a parent that does not dought their abilities sometimes.

And i will show you an overconfident idiot.

Who cannot possibly predict what's on the horizon nor around the next corner.

If you don't wish then to confirm then why be ok with spoon feeding children politically correct nonsensical irrelevant information they are simply not equipped nor ready to assimilate?

If weans cannot tell right from wrong how can they possibly comprehend diversity nor tolerance?

Parent teach such ethos, schools simply enforce their rules, not the same thing.

How is gay people exist political correct nonsense?

As I said, some parents make a terrible job of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It's not, but teaching primary kids about such is indeed nonsense.

As i said, schools are not equipped to teach our kids such nor have the right to even attempt to instill there particular brand of PC garbage, at least not without parental consent.

Parents try there best because they love there kids and want whats best for them.

Schools don't really know there asre from there elbow with some regards to the needs of our children.

Because teachers are not paid to care, they are paid to teach a curriculum, if they do care well that's always a bonus.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Any patent who actually thinks they are doing a good job is probably the worst type of parent . In my view If you aren't constantly doubting yourself you aren't a good parent.

That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

Too bad you are so blinded by your intolerance.

You believe that you and only you hold the keys to wisdom and teaching, and thus, whatever you deem necessary should be rammed down the throats of little children that are not yours.

Sorry, mate, teach your kids whatever you want, but keep your hands off mine.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There really is no big deal here, the council should just say "f*** off" to any person not prepared to follow the rule in their area.

[fu*k off as in leave].

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
They are also introduced to Gandhi, Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement whilst at Primary School - a very weighty topic for such a young age.

I take it that those that object to the lessons in this thread also object to the above for the same reasons?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Agreed, and it was wrong then too

We also agree that it is up to mom and dad how to talk to their kids about it

And of course it applies to Muslims, I know the vast majority are good people who adhere to their religion about the same as we do (you do your best but 100% adherence is impractical). I am only referencing this situation and the topic they presented but you are right it applies elsewhere too

The only real point I wanted to make was that any gay or lesbian person I have met or spoken with has been the opposite of someone trying to sexualize children or impose themselves in any way. Are they out there? I have no doubt they are, just relaying my own experience with several individuals

I used to be very anti-LGBT, but that is something that changed over the years as I got to know more people who were that way and realized they are not bad people just different
edit on 3/28/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I think you might be having slightly rise tinted glasses about how tolerant kids are (or you went to a much nicer school than I did).

Teaching kids about tolerance is the same as teaching then about how to share or play nice with other kids.

In an ideal world it would be unnecessary at school but we don't live in an ideal world.

So why do they have intolerance in the first place. We typically do not see that until teenage years and intolerance is a whole person event and not just with LBGT community, so if they are tolerant then they are tolerant across the board. What we are talking about is being tolerant of differences, all differences. LBGT is touchy to use as a primary focus for teaching tolerance since it also deals with sexuality and there is a time and place in the growth of a child where that can be appropriate and inappropriate.

I stick to my point that to kids everything is new, and if LBGT is naturally in their life as in their friends have LBGT parents, teachers might be LBGT, and so on, there is no issue being heterosexual or LBGT as they see it all as a norm anyways.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
They are also introduced to Gandhi, Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement whilst at Primary School - a very weighty topic for such a young age.

I take it that those that object to the lessons in this thread also object to the above for the same reasons?

Do those deal with sexuality too, hmmm I never knew that... I hate the use of LBGT as the tool to teach tolerance to children do to the added sexual nature of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

This is the only thing I'm in agreement on with the Muslims! This should not be taught in any school in the UK, not just Muslim ones. It's grooming of children for one thing and another it's manipulation of the mind. Most children are not showing any symptoms of being 'gay' under the age of 12 and if they do, they would usually grow out of it, so I believe those people wanting it in the school classroom are just wanting to turn children into themselves... Maybe because they were a dying breed that they started this in the first place.

One other thing about Birmingham is it's fallen. The first City to be almost completely muslim. Didn't take much longer than 40 years!

but the english only have themselves to blame for moving out of the area!

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Flavian

Do those deal with sexuality too, hmmm I never knew that... I hate the use of LBGT as the tool to teach tolerance to children do to the added sexual nature of it.

Actually yes, it is all part of introducing tolerance for race, religion and sexuality. It isnt just about sexuality and even that aspect certainly isnt about sex at that age. It is simply about tolerance for others.

I find it most ironic that Muslims are the most vocal in opposition given that several Asian countries, including Pakistan, have long accepted a 3rd gender - in some cases for many many centuries.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Any patent who actually thinks they are doing a good job is probably the worst type of parent . In my view If you aren't constantly doubting yourself you aren't a good parent.

That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

Too bad you are so blinded by your intolerance.

You believe that you and only you hold the keys to wisdom and teaching, and thus, whatever you deem necessary should be rammed down the throats of little children that are not yours.

Sorry, mate, teach your kids whatever you want, but keep your hands off mine.

I don't believe any such thing as the section you quoted demonstrated.

I do know that the intolerance cones from those who are scared that their children will find out that gay people are real nothing to be afraid of.

Fortunately in the majority of cases they will and leave the prejudices of their parents behind.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's not, but teaching primary kids about such is indeed nonsense.

As i said, schools are not equipped to teach our kids such nor have the right to even attempt to instill there particular brand of PC garbage, at least not without parental consent.

Parents try there best because they love there kids and want whats best for them.

Schools don't really no there asre from there elbow with some regards to the needs of our children.

Because teachers are not paid to care, they are paid to teach a curriculum, if they do care well that's always a bonus.

Schools are perfectly well required to teach kids that there is.m such a thing as same sex couples and parents, just as they teach them lots of things about society.

I think we will just need to agree to disagree on this one.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

2 of my brother in laws are are gay, few of my mates also.

I'm not anti-LGBT in any way shape nor form.

People are what they are, it's not cupatea, but live and let live is my motto.

Woe betide a world that is any different.

I am however against teaching my kids some things before they are ready to understand as it can be counterproductive and end up doing more harm than good.

Different is what makes people of interest and unique, that's got to be good in today's world.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: LedermanStudio

This is the only thing I'm in agreement on with the Muslims! This should not be taught in any school in the UK, not just Muslim ones. It's grooming of children for one thing and another it's manipulation of the mind. Most children are not showing any symptoms of being 'gay' under the age of 12 and if they do, they would usually grow out of it, so I believe those people wanting it in the school classroom are just wanting to turn children into themselves... Maybe because they were a dying breed that they started this in the first place.

One other thing about Birmingham is it's fallen. The first City to be almost completely muslim. Didn't take much longer than 40 years!

but the english only have themselves to blame for moving out of the area!

15 % is almost completely?

Your grasp of numbers matches your grasp of reality.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well if you were ever to attend an induction for your child at a primary school, the teachers will pretty much spell out the inadequacies of our education system and actually raise the point that they cannot possibly hope to prepare your children for the future they will face given the change of pace which our respective societies are headed. At least they did with both my children.

They simply dont not have the tools for the job in the same manner as they did in decades gone by.

Fair point all the same, nobody ever agrees on everything.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well if you were ever to attend an induction for your child at a primary school, the teachers will pretty much spell out the inadequacies of our education system and actually raise the point that they cannot possibly hope to prepare your children for the future they will face given the change of pace which our respective societies are headed. At least they did with both my children.

They simply dont not have the tools for the job in the same manner as they did in decades gone by.

Fair point all the same, nobody ever agrees on everything.

Have attended several inductions and never been told anything like it. I would suggest that was a really lousy teacher.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Cracking School mate, teachers are fabulous.

No point in attempting to polish a turd though, they tell you how it is.

Any teachers on ATS willing to chime up and point out the fact that our Educational system simply can not keep up with the pace of change nor technology?

How can they possibly expect to prepare your kids for jobs or fields of technology and study that don't exist yet?

Inadequate underfunded education system ScepticScot, some of our teachers are the best in the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Cracking School mate, teachers are fabulous.

No point in attempting to polish a turd though, they tell you how it is.

Any teachers on ATS willing to chime up and point out the fact that our Educational systems simply can not keep up with the pace of change nor technology?

How can they possibly expect to prepare your kids for jobs or fields of technology and study that don't exist yet?

Inadequate underfunded education system ScepticScot, some of our teachers are the best in the world.

Learning should be a life long experience. Good teaching is about equipping kids with the ability to learn, not just imprinting facts.

I haven't used anything I learned in uni in years. I still use the skills I learned every single day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join