It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Muslims protest LGBTQ information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

No worries. It is actually something i keep catching in the media without any intention of looking for (which i guess is another demonstration that this isn't hidden).

People that get up in arms about this mostly seem to think it is lessons teaching children to be gay. And when they discover what they are actually about, their opposition disappears. If it was lessons teaching children to be gay, i would be seriously protesting myself (not because their is anything wrong with it but simply because a persons sexual preference should be their own decision when old enough to make it).

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Education is indeed the key.

But you canny run before you can walk.

Society is tolerant these days imho, and we are from Glasgow.

Do you remember the 80s, those were fun times for certain people if memory serves.......not.

Leaps and bonds mate, if you ask me.

But there are just some topics and subject best not to be broached with our kids until they are ready to understand, stands to rhyme and reason imho.
edit on 28-3-2019 by andy06shake because: To many "if you ask me"s LoL

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I do know what you mean but i used to be a teacher so i have seen this type of thing from the inside, if you like. The headlines sound slightly alarming but the content is completely dumbed down. At that age, it is simply about teaching kids that we all aren't the same and that there is nothing wrong with that. If im honest, i would be ashamed of our society if we were giving our kids a different message than that.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

White people are not happy as well why does a 6 yr old need be be asked to write a story from the point of view of being gay.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

To help break down prejudice? They aren't being encouraged to be homosexual ffs.

We also ask children to write stories from the point of view of being a prisoner of war - do you object to that too? Or a soldier in the trenches in world war 1 - object again? Or a child in a victorian workhouse. It goes on and on and encourages critical thinking and tolerance at a young age. Is that a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

There are messages and then there are mixed signals through.

And those tend to occur when knowledge is improperly bestowed.

Timing is the key if you ask me, and primary is rather early where sexual illumination is concerned.

I can see the points you raise also.

What's required is a happy medium or some middle ground, god knows where that exists all the same, my bet is its not in a primary school but in the parent's hands.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No the real problem is lefties and LGB have a real chip on their shoulders they are a minority and now seem to think everyone else should bow to them sorry but if someone is NOT of the sex they claim I don't really care how they identify themselves because that offends me and will call it as I see it.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

What does a six year old know about being gay you just have to look at TV in the UK almost every TV advert has a mixed race couple with kids,or LGB a normal hetrosexual couple is hard to find although it's the majority

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: rickymouse
Freedom of speech, Muslims know they have more rights than the general population there, so they want to get rid of the Gays and others in that group. It is in their extended right package.

Can you point out where Muslims get more rights than the general population.

Or is it you are just talking bollocks?

There are areas where they have their own court system, ruled by their own laws...here in the USA. There are situations all over Europe where the citizens have to follow the laws but they do nothing when the refugee Muslims break laws but get away with it because it matches the Muslim culture, even though it is not in compliance with the host countries laws, there are all kinds of articles about this on the internet, people are getting fed up, laws of a country are supposed to apply to everyone in that country. I expect I would have to follow the laws of a Muslim country if I went there, my daughter went to India and the first thing she did was to find out how to comply with their societies customs and laws, making sure to dress appropriate so she was not raped.

Just open your eyes and look, evidence is everywhere on the net if you actually look that way, people like me and you saying what is happening, not propaganda made up by their governments. Even people working for these countries police forces talk about this problem. Open your eyes and you shall see.

I note, not all muslims are bad and not all of them use these flaws in our society to gain extra rights, only maybe one in ten here in the USA actually exploit these extra rights. As long as these one in ten remain a minority, we will not be too badly effected. I know a few Muslims, they are good people, there are not that many around here, some of the young are problematic but some of the young are problematic in all cultures and races. We need to properly condition these people to fit into our societies evenly, not give them special consideration because of who they are. The same goes for gays, they do not get extra rights, they get the same rights and people must learn to give them equal rights. That does not mean someone has to make a special cake for a gay couple though, if a product is on the shelf at a store, we can not refuse service, see the LGBTQ desires extra rights for it's members too. Minorities want extra rights because they are minorities. They are supposed to have equal rights, citizen to citizen, giving their group more power is what causes conflict by the majority, it is suppression of the majority. Pretty soon there will be many groups screaming for special considerations.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Don't sexialise kids they said, explain that in relation to Rotherham, Bradford etc..

Ah, But we are to ignore those naughty boys of mainly Pakistani Muslim backgrounds, that never happened or had any meaning to Radicals..

Look, as regarding the school and these lessons, I personally think its all a bit too heavy for smaller children and I agree with the let kids be kids placard, my problem with all this is the fact the men are saying they don't believe in homosexuality or any gayness in Islam, talk about covering your eyes to what is in front of you. This like the Christian dislike of homosexuals as if religion was stuck in a time warp and if you look back at history nothing much good came from religion towards people they decided to despise.

The next problem here is that Christians learned / were made to accept that people can be different no matter what a book says while the radical Islamics refuse to progress in the religion, they are all for death, death and how do you say it, ah yes, DEATH for anything.

And lets look at places like Pakistan where Islam has a strong foothold in society, a place where public lynching is still allowed by Police who turn their back. Just look at the bus system ran through many places, its a breeding ground for child prostitution, drug abuse and child rape by the MALE bus drivers, its a huge and well known issue. Sadly Islam there ignores there very very obvious sins and the men just get to laugh it off knowing there's next to no chance they will be arrested..

And then we have the utterly savage and dreadful treatment of the MANY gay people over there, gay people who still class themselves as Muslims yet their fellow Muslims would kill them in a heartbeat.

This is the real issue here, the attempt to bring utterly disgusting cultural practices and ancient belief systems to schools and the public services alike.

Or are we going to keep allowing the East London style patrols who harass and intimidate people they refer to as Kuffar on the streets that belong to us all. These practices whilst now rare MUST be stamped out, we cannot have people pushing a sub culture that allows the hatred of gay people yet looks after the male abusers of children.
edit on 28-3-2019 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ScepticScot

The reality is weans are weans, until they even ken what sexuality is all about.

If they are ready to understand such complex ideologies, at such a limited age, how come it's not also the primary school's job to also explain the likes of quantum mechanics, Boolean logic or differential calculus?

Could it be because they would not have a clue as to what they were going on about and a complete and utter waste of time and resources?

Just like this PC mince. LoL

The level of education we are talking about is 'Andy has 2 mummies and that's OK'

Not exactly quantum mechanics.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Fair enough, I missed much of that from leaving a private British boarding school and going to an Australian public high school, suffice to say much of my energy went into developing an Australian accent.

Surely that's just speaking every sentence like it's a question?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Freedom of speech, Muslims know they have more rights than the general population there, so they want to get rid of the Gays and others in that group. It is in their extended right package.

Can you point out where Muslims get more rights than the general population.

Or is it you are just talking bollocks?

There are areas where they have their own court system, ruled by their own laws...here in the USA. There are situations all over Europe where the citizens have to follow the laws but they do nothing when the refugee Muslims break laws but get away with it because it matches the Muslim culture, even though it is not in compliance with the host countries laws, there are all kinds of articles about this on the internet, people are getting fed up, laws of a country are supposed to apply to everyone in that country. I expect I would have to follow the laws of a Muslim country if I went there, my daughter went to India and the first thing she did was to find out how to comply with their societies customs and laws, making sure to dress appropriate so she was not raped.

Just open your eyes and look, evidence is everywhere on the net if you actually look that way, people like me and you saying what is happening, not propaganda made up by their governments. Even people working for these countries police forces talk about this problem. Open your eyes and you shall see.

I note, not all muslims are bad and not all of them use these flaws in our society to gain extra rights, only maybe one in ten here in the USA actually exploit these extra rights. As long as these one in ten remain a minority, we will not be too badly effected. I know a few Muslims, they are good people, there are not that many around here, some of the young are problematic but some of the young are problematic in all cultures and races. We need to properly condition these people to fit into our societies evenly, not give them special consideration because of who they are. The same goes for gays, they do not get extra rights, they get the same rights and people must learn to give them equal rights. That does not mean someone has to make a special cake for a gay couple though, if a product is on the shelf at a store, we can not refuse service, see the LGBTQ desires extra rights for it's members too. Minorities want extra rights because they are minorities. They are supposed to have equal rights, citizen to citizen, giving their group more power is what causes conflict by the majority, it is suppression of the majority. Pretty soon there will be many groups screaming for special considerations.

Sharia courts,do not give anyone any extra rights anymore than Jewish courts or family mediation. National laws still apply every time.

I think your problem is you are believing too much of what you are seeing on the internet.

Minorities don't get extra rights, they get the same rights as everyone else. Protection don't apply based on being a minority, but on characteristics that as a society we decide you can't discriminate against.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

What does a six year old know about being gay you just have to look at TV in the UK almost every TV advert has a mixed race couple with kids,or LGB a normal hetrosexual couple is hard to find although it's the majority

Why should the be any issue with explaining to kids that mixed race or same gender parents are not a bad thing ?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Why should the be any issue with explaining to kids that mixed race or same gender parents are not a bad thing ?

You clearly missed the memo (as did i) that this is somehow harmful to our children. Obviously teaching tolerance leads to hateful members of society when they grow........

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

You clearly missed the memo (as did i) that this is somehow harmful to our children. Obviously teaching tolerance leads to hateful members of society when they grow........

Clearly we need more bullying and violence in our schools.

Kids today just have it too easy....

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

People are getting their knickers in a twist about this but meanwhile the DWP say we now have 3.7 million children in "absolute" poverty in the UK - and nary a whisper.

I may be a Tory boy but it seems to me that is actually a far more important national scandal to get worked up about rather than lessons on tolerance.

Independent article

I think i need to go through re education and get my priorities straight though, judging by some of the comments on here.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Let kids be kids and learn about it off the internet ... what could possibly go wrong? ;-)

.... wow the hatred between left and right on this site is mind boggling, and it is just as bad at each end.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Then it should not require teaching.

Simply stating "Andy has 2 mummies and that's ok" can be done by the parents just fine or by Andy for that matter.

Think there may be a little more to it than just the above all the same, hence my ambivalence to support such lunacy.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well of course they are, their religion calls for homosexuals and lesbians to be stoned to death

I do agree with their calls to stop sexualizing children, however. But the implication that all gay/lesbian folks are trying to "sexualize children" is insulting

Leave these poor folks alone. The vast majority are good people trying to live their lives, just a little differently from the rest of us
edit on 3/28/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join