It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another night of Brexit drama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Our fields are full of them this time of year.

The UK is a net exporter of mutton and lamb, with a healthy market in the EU and elsewhere. The thing about New Zealand lamb is the fact that it's fresh when UK lamb is out of season, as seasons are reversed with the southern hemisphere.

Regardless, the sheep industry is one area of threat in a post EU world as the UK benefits from the quota ad tariff regime. In a post Brexit world the UK may want to prevent foreign lamb imports killing UK farming. I think that this can be done by supporting UK farming in different ways, having left the awful Common Agricultural Policy.

It's all apples and oranges, both of which are subject to EU tariffs, so in post Brexit world may be cheaper if purchased from countries outside the EU. Of course, I won't mention the decimation of the UK apple industry due to quotas and the sodding Common Agri Policy, where thousands or acres of orchards were grubbed up to "protect" the French, German and Italian apple industries. That's progress for you!
edit on 29/3/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Perhaps we need another "Buy British" campaign?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The thing about New Zealand lamb is the fact that it's fresh when UK lamb is out of season, as seasons are reversed with the southern hemisphere.

Of course!
How stupid of me. All these years wondering why and its so bloody obvious when pointed out.
Thank you.

The Common Agricultural Policy has ensured an income for our farmers but they are hardly competitive or ready to meet the nations needs post-Brexit - if it actually happens.

A friend of some friends is a farmer. In the summertime he is more or less permanently employed cutting roadside hedges using one of his tractors and does very little actual farming nowadays.

edit on 29/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Wouldn't that be deemed xenophobic, none diversive and un-British by the PC crowd?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The PC crowd, as always, can get stuffed.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I do not refer to material comforts that seem to form the basis of your argument.

Since 1973, the UK has seen the mother of parliaments completely undermined by the relentless onslaught of Euro 'treaties' to the point where those British politicians that likely only agreed as to garner votes based upon 'cheap nice stuff for all' sold the country down the river.

Treason, by all said politicians and by those that rather swallow their bull than educate themselves about their own country.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
The PC crowd, as always, can get stuffed.

The PC crowd have Chinese made iPhones and drive BMWs. They bemoan human rights abuses, yet have a new pair of trousers every week made by four-year-old Vietnamese kids. The PC brigade only care where their next line of coke is coming from while they pretend to care.
edit on 29/3/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I haven't got a bloody clue what's going on in Parliament at present.

It is the proverbial crock of.

As every day passes those clowns convince me even further of their unsuitability for the responsibility they have finally assumed and that the system is simply unfit for purpose.

Today we should be celebrating the UK leaving the EU....instead we're cast adrift up # creek completely rudderless without a clue what to do or how to do it.

I could easily go off on a rant.....but what's the point?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Cheap tat? No thanks, we get that from China.....even cheaper.

We are very good at extremely high end engineering though. Useful if you have a couple of hundred million spare to get the satellite you always wanted?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any coverage of todays protests? Saw a couple of articles saying police were preparing for tension and using loads of hyperbole about threats(Independent and Grauniad) but buried in the tail/last paragraph was a statement police had received no specific intelligence and weren't predicting any disorder (but were prepared if so).

I'm a remainer but hoping the vast majority who will be peaceful protesters don't get immorally kettled because of a couple of extremists from the Casuals if there is any disorder.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

As well just handing them a loaded shotgun each as they enter parliament and letting them sort it out that way now.

Whoever is left standing get's to sort out Brexit, might even get really lucky and they would all be dead.
edit on 29-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

'I'm a remainer but hoping the vast majority who will be peaceful protesters don't get immorally kettled because of a couple of extremists from the Casuals if there is any disorder.'

and that sir could be a spark. happy-carnival-mode should be the rozzers brief for all my brothers and sisters shaking
fists at the hijack of the 29th.

f.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Heres one. There are others but feeds are up and down a lot. Very quiet now and no problems so far...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Warning colourfull language, but entertaining.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

andy, i'm up at the barrowlands on 27th june. should I take combat assault vehicle no.4 or go low profile?

f.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

andy, i'm up at the barrowlands on 27th june. should I take combat assault vehicle no.4 or go low profile?

f.

Barrowlands is a great venue for concerts.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
NO DEAL BREXIT.

We must not yield to traitors.
The last 2 and half years of disgraceful attack by corrupt elements of our media and elite class to undo the will of the people reminds me of this passage from Ulysses.

Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield

edit on 30/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Barrowlands is the business.

Some of the best bands ive ever seen have been there, I'm sure you will have a ball.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

After reading your post I listened to my copy of Stiff Little Fingers. Best Served Loud. (Live at Barrowlands).

Great band, excellent live recording.

One of the best venues I've been to.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

took a mate in a wheelchair for simple minds 5by5 tour. it was a divine experience to say the least.
not too into the post new gold dream stad rock thing. the industrial, trance and general power in
the early stuff was and still is mint.

lol that floor has one amazing bounce and we're giving it the bag for the gig.

a reply to: Freeborn

I cannot better it venue wise after having a ponder. doormen were absolute stars. carried an 18.5 stone mate
in a wheelchair up to the top and then racked at the back after the ramp run-up lol. much love there.

f.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join