It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: andy06shake
I'm thinking belated pub lunch might be on the cards. LoL
You should move down here, my local pub is everything £2.50.
I had a roast chicken dinner and a pint for a fiver earlier. One chicken breast, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, boiled spuds, peas, sweetcorn, red cabbage, and sprouts.
I don't really cook anymore, I eat at the pub. Gammon, two fried eggs, chips and peas £2.50.
Full cooked breakfast is served before 12pm, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 1 hash brown, 2 bacon, beans, and 2 grilled tomato halves...£2.50.
Pointless cooking at home with that just down the hill.

See you claim to hate us Scot's but that's the 2nd one of us you've tried to tempt down to Cornwall ha ha

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

That's the thing though, I don't think your free prescriptions, free university tuition, and subsidised water charges are unfair, I don't care.
My point is that your country folk still whinge after having all that. Nation of whingebags and I hope you do have a referendum after Brexit and leave the UK.
You can whinge about your EU masters then while forced to adopt the Euro as currency.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
I once lived in Cornwall. Penzance, Marazion & Helston, to be precise.
Cmon, you talk about Scots moaning. You can't beat a Cornishman when he's got something to moan about.
Strangely, his complaints are often similar to those of the Scots.

That's because we're Celtic Cousins

(post by andy06shake removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: andy06shake
I'm thinking belated pub lunch might be on the cards. LoL
You should move down here, my local pub is everything £2.50.
I had a roast chicken dinner and a pint for a fiver earlier. One chicken breast, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, boiled spuds, peas, sweetcorn, red cabbage, and sprouts.
I don't really cook anymore, I eat at the pub. Gammon, two fried eggs, chips and peas £2.50.
Full cooked breakfast is served before 12pm, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 1 hash brown, 2 bacon, beans, and 2 grilled tomato halves...£2.50.
Pointless cooking at home with that just down the hill.

See you claim to hate us Scot's but that's the 2nd one of us you've tried to tempt down to Cornwall ha ha

Lmao!

I have never claimed to hate Scots anywhere because I don't.
I hate your people's constant whinging that life is so terrible.
I'm looking forward to a Burn's night later this week in my friend's family home, but if they were whingebags like some members on ATS no way would I go.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thread drift much????.......Just saying.....

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

a reply to: TheShippingForecast
Lol, welfare leach.
You Scots have more money spent on you per capita from taxes than England and Wales yet you still bleat like lost lambs on the hillside. #ing beggars.

EDIT
you are a nation of whinebags and have the best deal in the UK. Go on, # off to the EU, we won't miss you in England.

Theresa May and her lot have made sure that we won't have as much power post Brexit. So don't worry, the fair deal our elected leaders in Scotland fought so hard for will be soon taken away, I suppose that's fair in your eyes?

(post by sapien82 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is interesting, on the subject of MPs trying to take the Brexit agenda out of the Prime Minister's hands, in effect mounting a parliamentary mutiny.

www.theguardian.com...

Stephen Laws, formerly the head government legislation lawyer, told Today he was concerned that backbench plans to control the Brexit process could cause a constitutional crisis.

Arguing that parliamentary rules “give a clear veto to the government” over any bills involving significant spending, Laws said that if MPs forced through a measure, May could ask the Queen to decline royal assent.

“I don’t think it’s a fanciful speculation, because if the rules aren’t applied as they should be, that’s what will happen,” he said.

There is an assumption being made that Her Majesty would never assume the role of chief mutineer. I'm not so sure about that.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thread be like...

link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Im under nae illusion that the SNP are self serving politicians just like those in westminster

im also under no illusion that Scotlands cultural identity was nearly wiped out by our unionist buddies down south !

Ra tories , arent all to blame , yet after successive tory governments its not getting any easier

Everybody likes a bit of a moan every now and then but its only human

but am no gonnae sit here and take pish affy some ignorant fool who hinks he's better because he uses "proper English"

link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
I'll be up at 6am tmorro morning, pissed off as usual,

Well, if it's a competition - I'll be up at 0500. Back home at 2100.

Anyway. The British attitude survey indicates that it's just accents that divide us. We people of Great Britain - including the Northern Irish - have very similar values and cultural anchors. The Scottish nationalists want people to think the Scots are somehow different - they are not. We are culturally the same.

What a load of nonsense.

Culturally we're all different.
Politically, more so. Scotland votes very differently from the rest of the UK, brexit was just the latest in a long line of votes where we stood apart from the rest of the UK.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

The Scots are full of #, I'm tired of reading/hearing their bull#, whining moaning pricks.

You seem to be doing your fair share of whining at the moment...

Anyway, Liverpudlians seem to whine, so do Brummies and Londoners. I reckon Mancunians and Geordies also whine-on. Hey, I'm a complaining Moonraker, so guess where I'm from.

Complaining, Queing and Talking Weather are about all us Brits do after all. You're right though, one Cornishman is really giving 3 Scots in this thread a run for their money in the whinging stakes...

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join