It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

my short answer to that like any other scotsman , would be awa an boil yer heid ya wee nyaff

anyway Scots is a recognised language outside of English so take it up wae the professors !

Funny you mention cornish , since its now an extinct language , yet Scots Gaelic , Scots are still being used to this day so its no wonder you dont speak cornish !

Also the only reason we speak English is because our children were beaten in School for speaking Gaelic !

And ye asked what is wrong with Scotland, well we have been given a government no one voted for , because our current "democracy" seems not to represent a single scot , we have been given 10 years of tory austerity we didnt ask for !

but the majority of England voted for !

we are stuck in a Union with arseholes who vote for a majority conservative thats our problem!

edit on 21-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

my short answer to that like any other scotsman , would be awa an boil yer heid ya wee nyaff
Again, you understand English so why post rubbish like that on an English speaking website?
It's not even Gaelic, it is some local dialect that you think makes you guys seem different or unique.
Who the # is Ken? Why use 'ken' instead of 'know' it is childlike. Speak English on an English language forum.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What's the trouble with Hollywood?

Or Mel Gibson for that matter? LoL
edit on 21-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I loved it to be honest - and i am slightly obsessed with "Still Game".

Have to say though, as much as i love you Scots, you are really really easy to wind up. Must be a family thing - all those years of raiding each other and then marrying our unwanted daughters off over the border!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think its fair to say that I have a passionate dislike for The Tories and the vast majority of their domestic policies.

But I have to say its all getting a bit repetitive.

It seems all Scottish posters here on ATS blame all of Scotland's woes on those damned English bastards whilst conveniently ignoring that you do have your own elected assembly with far more powers than the majority of regions in the UK.

And there's a marked absence of criticism of any of the policies of the SNP in Holyrood and the detrimental effect some of them have had on Scotland.
Are you saying everything the SNP has done has improved things in Scotland and everything wrong in Scotland is due to the English?

Now I know Scotland has been shat on for centuries....but you're not alone in that, far from it. Most of the regions have been used and exploited at least just as much.
But they aren't treated any differently and the people from those areas certainly don't moan as much!

Scotland is a great country with wonderful people - I count a couple of Scots amongst my closest friends - but they really need to be a bit more introspective and honest in their self-appraisal instead of blaming anyone and everyone for all of their woes.....everything always seems to be someone else's fault.....usually the bastard English!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I like still game myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Anyhoo, back to the thread title - i can confirm that Brexit is a dull on a 4k telly as it was before the 4K telly. Actually, that's not true - the sound and picture are far sharper so it's actually far duller..........

So, after another weekend of Brexit failures by all sides, im thinking we should come up with 50 different types of Brexit, number each one and then have a nationwide game of Brexit Bingo. The winner gets to implement their favourite version. It can't be any worse than the current shambles..........

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

50 shades of brexit with Theresa Mary May?
That sounds hideous.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

50 shades of brexit with Theresa Mary May?
That sounds hideous.

Think i need to go scrub my brain now........

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
they have there own wording and spelling that's not exactly the Queens English.

I take it you are ""OK"" with that?

No.

Next question?

I mean next you will be saying that bowler hats shouldn't be compulsory?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

About as compulsory as fish on a Friday i suppose.

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

S'ithee lad, tha's flying abit close t' tha line there *

* (Yorkshire) - Excuse me my fine chap, it would appear that you may have inadvertantly crossed the metaphorical line there, don't you know.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: djz3ro

This little titbit from John Caudwell founder of Phones4you might interest you?

Thank you, I had a read and I have to say, I think the pro No Deal crowd are playing down the bad points as much as the Remain side are playing up the negative aspects.

Id like some real facts and figures not opinion pieces, we've seen too many opinions and not enough facts

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join