It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Because it is fast approaching 3 years ago and we don't need to be bound by that decision.

What is so special about 3 years?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

How patronising. Go ahead and insult half the country, why don't you? So to qualify to vote you have to be a member of MENSA?

Or maybe just hold the same views as you because you know best?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes i can see that now about London, my mistake.

When we did vote through, imho, the people were hardly in possession of all the facts pertaining to the matter of Brexit because it was after the polls closed when British voters started to think seriously about the implications of their choice.

Which is why a second referendum would now seem to make sense, now that the in's and outs deals and no deals are on the table.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think he missed those at all.
The regions in the BBC article, linked, are:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Exactly.

Which is why the minute the result was announced we should have had a cross party group consisting of our best minds, including people from the business / financial sectors etc, senior Civil Servants, possibly even some interest groups representatives tasked with the duty of drafting the UK's proposal to the EU.
This should have included negotiating tactics, anticipated compromises, red lines, blah blah blah.

But we didn't and we gifted the EU the upper hand in negotiations.

May did absolutely nothing for a full year....she dithered and the country was rudderless.

Was this by design or incompetence....or a mixture of both?

And now we are where we are.

The incompetent, self-centred and self-serving leading the blind and bewildered into completely unchartered territory.

The rest of the world must be pissing themselves laughing at us....I know I would be if it were happening anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Then again we live under a Monarchy at the end of the day, not a democracy, no matter which way "They" care to spell it.

Really? So, we don't get to vote neither does Parliament and the Queen decides everything for us?

Either I must have missed that or this might be one of those Mandela Effect thingies and you are from another timeline. Or another planet, perhaps?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Yes i can see that now about London, my mistake.

When we did vote through, imho, the people were hardly in possession of all the facts pertaining to the matter of Brexit because it was after the polls closed when British voters started to think seriously about the implications of their choice.

Which is why a second referendum would now seem to make sense, now that the in's and outs deals and no deals are on the table.

Sounds like you need new political leaders who actually listen to the people, not a referendum. If the current politicians won't listen to you now, what makes you think they will listen later?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

"Really? So, we don't get to vote neither does Parliament and the Queen decides everything for us?"

Behind closed doors i imagine there is indeed a measure of truth to the above.

"Either I must have missed that or this might be one of those Mandela Effect thingies and you are from another timeline. Or another planet, perhaps?"

Unless you are one of the privileged few who wags the dogs tail from behind the proverbial curtain i imagine you are indeed supposed to miss it.

If you think the world spins the way we are told it does, then you are rather naive, because the truth of the matter is that money talks, and the rest of us simply do the walk.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Its the entire world that needs those though mate, not just the UK.

You show me a noble uncorrupted politician through.

And i will point out the flying pig in the sky.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thank you, its refreshing to see that someone actually took the time to read the link.

The simple fact is the majority of people voted against remaining in the EU.
Failure to enact that makes a complete mockery of our alleged democracy.

We often hear it said by remainers that we weren't in possession of all the facts....I was, were you?
I also knew the implications of Brexit.
I knew it could possibly mean a few more years of hardship, I'm not a complete #ing idiot!

Sheer bloody arrogance.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

If you think the world spins the way we are told it does, then you are rather naive, because the truth of the matter is that money talks, and the rest of us simply do the walk.

Oho! A Flat Earther, eh?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Flavian

Exactly.

Which is why the minute the result was announced we should have had a cross party group consisting of our best minds, including people from the business / financial sectors etc, senior Civil Servants, possibly even some interest groups representatives tasked with the duty of drafting the UK's proposal to the EU.
This should have included negotiating tactics, anticipated compromises, red lines, blah blah blah.

But we didn't and we gifted the EU the upper hand in negotiations.

May did absolutely nothing for a full year....she dithered and the country was rudderless.

Was this by design or incompetence....or a mixture of both?

And now we are where we are.

The incompetent, self-centred and self-serving leading the blind and bewildered into completely unchartered territory.

The rest of the world must be pissing themselves laughing at us....I know I would be if it were happening anywhere else.

The thing is, if May had gone cross party from the start, would anything be different? If you look at how this been treated by Politicans for the last 2 years, i honestly don't believe it would have made a blind bit of difference. What were we saying 2 years ago? That this would happen because there is no consensus for any option.

I know i shouldn't be enjoying it as our nation goes down the pan but, honestly, today feels like a day for the feet up whilst sat in my favourite chair munching popcorn and watching the ship go down........... I have laughed a few times today looking at politican faces in the Commons.......

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

How patronising. Go ahead and insult half the country, why don't you?

After voting to leave the EU and all the #e that comes with that, Given half the chance, I would assault half the #ing country.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And that is the only reason Brexit being derailed.

The people who pull the strings want to maintain the status quo and keep us in the EU.

They literally # themselves when the people voted to leave and now they are doing everything possible to deny the people the right to self-determination.

A vote for Remain was always a vote for the status quo and the elites and establishment.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Nope, lollypop sticks and the length of the shadow cast by the Sun upon such around midday puts pale to such lunacy.

If you refuse or are unable to see the forest for the trees that your own lookout I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Given half the chance, I would assault half the #ing country.

Please, don't let me stop you.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

....I would assault half the #ing country.

Zzzzz......yeah, from behind a keyboard.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Yeah, sorry, I'm just a thicko Brexiteer so pardon me for breathing.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Might be better if you replied to things I actually said rather than things you made up.

Same question again. Do you think we should leave the EU if the majority want to stay?

Have you been asleep? There WAS a referendum and the result was LEAVE

so where do you get "The majority want to stay" from?

It amuses me that people are putting it about that another referendum would

have the result 'stay' I have come across more people who, having seen the

behaviour of the EU would leave whereas they voted stay than the other way

around.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Can't you accept though that the will of the people may have changed?

I mean if you're so confident in Brexit being the right thing to do, then why not, like Nigel Farage, would you not support a second referendum or at the very least acknowledge that there is an argument to be had for one.

Just seem's to me that your argument is summed up in saying "its undemocratic", but really that's just your opinion, a second referendum in of itself is not a "undemocratic" thing when in fact it is thee most democratic way forward because it quite literally gives the people the power to make a decision that parliament is unable to make.

Don't get me wrong you do make good arguments, I do think though that you kind of have the blinkers on a little bit.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join