It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Press Still Believes Trump "Called on Russia" to "Hack Into the Emails" of Clinton.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SingswithChickens1
a reply to: queenofswords

Doesn't look or sound like a joke to me:

I agree. It seems that Trump asked Russia to hack Hillary's server without actually using the word 'hack." He said find the missing emails, however, How else can you find them without hacking into the server?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: watchitburn

Keepin it classy huh?

I guess it's become real convenient for the Trump team that he lies so much and can't formulate thoughts that you can just cherrypick what you want out of what he says. Additionally it's pretty sad that you all have to continuously re-interpret what he's saying since he isn't ever saying what he means.

ps - Stop lying to yourself, he meant it, he wasn't joking. Only the blind followers will make excuses left and right for Trump ongoing communication mess.

Right, we'd much rather you guys tell us all what he meant.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

Oh, you mean taking him at his word? Like how normal people communicate?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yeah. He said he was joking. Have you heard of sarcasm before?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

Keepin it classy huh?

I guess it's become real convenient for the Trump team that he lies so much and can't formulate thoughts that you can just cherrypick what you want out of what he says. Additionally it's pretty sad that you all have to continuously re-interpret what he's saying since he isn't ever saying what he means.

ps - Stop lying to yourself, he meant it, he wasn't joking. Only the blind followers will make excuses left and right for Trump ongoing communication mess.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No. Trump was not "working" with Russia. It doesn't even remotely sound like it. It was a simple, "hey, if you've got 'em, I'm sure the media would pay you dearly for them".

This accusation is nothing more than trying to take the spotlight off Hillary's criminality and corruption. The media work hand in hand with that Dem bunch of crooks, and they saw an opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehill, and in the interim take the focus off the REAL crook, Hillary and her merry band of opportunistic criminals.

edit on 14-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: SingswithChickens1

Doesn't look or sound like a joke to me:

Because you're an idiot.

LMFAOROTG.
Bazinga!~

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What is the title of this thread?

The Press Still Believes Trump "Called on Russia" to "Hack Into the Emails" of Clinton.
[/b

July 27, 2016: Trump says to a televised audience:

Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing . I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens. That’ll be next.
Source

So, the words "Russia, if you’re listening" do not signify Trump "Calling on Russia?"

And "I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing" could not be construed to a hack?

And the Russian start spear phishing right away?

So what would you have "the Press" believe, when Trump asks Russia to to get Clinton's emails in a televised event?

edit on 14-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Again, pretty convenient. So whenever he realizes he screwed up he just says "I was joking"? You all really need to have higher standards and back someone with some degree of honor next time. And all you are proving is that nothing the man says can be trusted (as if he hasn't proved this already). There was nothing 'joke-like' in his delivery. This whole 'joke' narrative is right in line with Trumps inability to tell the truth, and your ability to cherrypick whatever you want to make Trump look good. Be less transparent next time.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

This is dumb.

It's like in a moment of exasperation, you hold out your arms and say, "God, if you're listening, make sure this crook gets justice brought to her...."

In this case, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you have those missing emails. The media would go apesh*+!"

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Again, pretty convenient. So whenever he realizes he screwed up he just says "I was joking"? You all really need to have higher standards and back someone with some degree of honor next time. And all you are proving is that nothing the man says can be trusted (as if he hasn't proved this already). There was nothing 'joke-like' in his delivery. This whole 'joke' narrative is right in line with Trumps inability to tell the truth, and your ability to cherrypick whatever you want to make Trump look good. Be less transparent next time.

I'm not sure you know what cherrypick means, because it was the press that cherrypicked from Trump's copious amount of words this one sentence.

And I would argue that it is the true believers in the press, the media's credulous base, who are dishonorable, not only in who they back and believe (at this point, whatever is fit to print), but also in behavior. They are behaving like inquisitors.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Fake news, while bad, isn’t the main enemy. They are puppets.

link   
D evin Nunes: Counterintelligence bombshell shows FBI leaders 'had no real evidence against the Trump team'

Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said the New York Times' bombshell report on a counterintelligence investigation into President Trump's ties to Russia only strengthens the argument that the FBI has no evidence of collusion against the Trump team.

"This is yet more evidence that FBI leaders actually had no real evidence against the Trump team," Nunes said in a statement obtained by the Washington Examiner's Byron York. "Instead, they were simply trying to undermine a president they didn't like and avenge Comey's firing. By relying on the Steele dossier — a fraudulent document funded by Democrats and based on Russia sources — FBI leaders were either complicit or too oblivious to notice they were being used in a disinformation operation by the Democratic Party and Russian operatives."

On Friday, the New York Times reported the FBI opened a counterintelligence investigation into Trump the day after he fired FBI Director James Comey in the spring of 2017. The counterintelligence inquiry was later wrapped into the FBI's broader Russia collusion investigation, which special counsel Robert Mueller was appointed to lead after Comey's ouster. That inquiry is still ongoing.

click link for full article.

link   

I'm hoping President calls for a citizen revolt against the MSM.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And the Russian start spear phishing right away?

That's a lie. As I showed in the indictment, they started spearfishing months earlier.

So what would you have "the Press" believe, when Trump asks Russia to to get Clinton's emails in a televised event?

The job of the press is to inform you, not to fill your heads with conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah that's the same NYT article I linked to in the OP. I think you're right: the NYT is trying to get out in front of the story.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Attempts to access Hillary's private, unapproved server began as far back as 2011:

On January 9, 2011, the non-Departmental advisor to President Clinton who provided technical support to the Clinton email system notified the Secretary’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations that he had to shut down the server because he believed “someone was trying to hack us and while they did not get in i didnt [sic] want to let them have the chance to.”

In another incident occurring on May 13, 2011, two of Secretary Clinton’s immediate staff discussed via email the Secretary’s concern that someone was “hacking into her email” after she received an email with a suspicious link. Several hours later, Secretary Clinton received an email from the personal account of then-Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs that also had a link to a suspect website. The next morning, Secretary Clinton replied to the email with the following message to the Under Secretary: “Is this really from you? I was worried about opening it!”

Office of the Secretary: Evaluation of
Email Records Management and
Cybersecurity Requirements
(direct .pdf link)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm not sure you know what cherrypick means, because it was the press that cherrypicked from Trump's copious amount of words this one sentence.

And I would argue that it is the true believers in the press, the media's credulous base, who are dishonorable, not only in who they back and believe (at this point, whatever is fit to print), but also in behavior. They are behaving like inquisitors.

Are you sure you don't know what cherrypick means? How is this being misinterpreted? Because not only was this not taken out of context, but he was asked to clarify what he meant and he doubled down. So again, if you think it's taken out of context then please explain why he doubled down when asked what he meant. We are going by Trump's own words. It isn't the press that makes him talk the way he does. All we have to watch is Trump talk. And when you can't blame the press, then Trump is joking? Ugh, dude. This is getting worse every day.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
The press doesnt believe that , only the idiots that believe the press believe that.

This is the absolute truth. I genuinely believe that nobody pushing the issue actually believes it. They just see it as yet another slur they push to muddy the waters.

I think they believe that if they can get 1% to believe this tripe, and 1% to believe the pee pee dossier nonsense, and 1% to believe that he persecuted the free press, etc, they'll gradually earn enough brownie points...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Are you sure you don't know what cherrypick means? How is this being misinterpreted? Because not only was this not taken out of context, but he was asked to clarify what he meant and he doubled down. So again, if you think it's taken out of context then please explain why he doubled down when asked what he meant. We are going by Trump's own words. It isn't the press that makes him talk the way he does. All we have to watch is Trump talk. And when you can't blame the press, then Trump is joking? Ugh, dude. This is getting worse every day.

Do you really believe Trump was trying to get Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's emails?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join