It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook families win court victory against Alex Jones, can review InfoWars financials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
For a guy who the majority of rational people consider a bloviating idiot they sure are putting forth quite the concerted effort to silence and destroy him. Almost makes one think that perhaps he was (likely accidentally) right about something and struck a deep nerve.

I wonder what it was...

Conspiracy theorists used to be laughed at and dismissed. Not so much anymore it seems.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

David Icke seems sane

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AspiringSorcerer

Defamation sits outside the realm of free speech. It's a pretty serious charge. You can talk to Donald Trump about that.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Maybe you should correct the misinformation you posted.

What misinformation in the OP? Or are you deflecting again?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The OP is laced with with misinformation.
It's straight out of the Jones playbook.

1) The ruling has nothing to do with "the Sandy Hook Lawyers are being given a pass to claim financial damage and they're free to base this on his actual financial standing"
2) The inference that 'putting on an act' relates to the the veracity of the information provided is wilfully misleading.
3) I find the glee portrayed at censorship and the attacks on Jones to be very similar to the glee he demonstrates at the suffering of his enemies.

The Op and Jones are two sides of the same coin.

I've listened to Jones' show a couple of times, read a few articles too. He's a lunatic and clearly acting. However, some of his news articles are actually correct, or turn out to be correct. He's no less credible than CNN, MSNBC. FOX. In some ways, he's more credible.

I am also not buying the faux outrage at questioning whether a disaster was manufactured in some way, or not what it seemed. Be careful what you wish for when it comes to questioning what you see. There should be nothing that is exempt from questioning and analysis - even if that concludes it was wrong to question.

I find those that would cheer censorship to be far more disgusting than Jones. They also do far more damage in the long run.

edit on 12/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Alex Jones deserves everything he gets for what he done to those families in my view. I hope his entire fake-news empire burns and he is financially crippled.

Some might disagree but that’s my opinion on this, his videos regarding that tragedy we’re disgusting.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So you approve of censorship.

That is the only conclusion I can see being brought fourth worth mentioning.

link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

My biggest issue with Sandy Hook case is still the official narrative i am still not sold by it. dont get me wrong i am not saying it was a hoax or anything like that but the whole story just doesn't add up.

Just like the Las Vegas shooting.
Its now 2019 they still haven't released all the security camera footage's from the hotel? why?

The one dad laughing and whatnot and then stepping up to the podium immediately looking sad still rubs me the wrong way. But I guess I would grieve differently in that situation.

so, he was laughing or smiling or what ever, i'm pretty sure he wont remember because he was going through hell and people often act strange and uncontrolled in such situations.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Some might disagree but that’s my opinion on this, his videos regarding that tragedy we’re disgusting.

Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa give good examples of the type of harassment they received following the loss of their child in the massacre during the case. Makes my blood boil.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

My biggest issue with Sandy Hook case is still the official narrative i am still not sold by it. dont get me wrong i am not saying it was a hoax or anything like that but the whole story just doesn't add up.

Just like the Las Vegas shooting.
Its now 2019 they still haven't released all the security camera footage's from the hotel? why?

The one dad laughing and whatnot and then stepping up to the podium immediately looking sad still rubs me the wrong way. But I guess I would grieve differently in that situation.

so, he was laughing or smiling or what ever, i'm pretty sure he wont remember because he was going through hell and people often act strange and uncontrolled in such situations.

Yeah.

Pretty sure I covered that in my post. Thanks for reaffirming it.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Maybe you should correct the misinformation you posted.

What misinformation in the OP? Or are you deflecting again?

The ruling is not to give a 'pass to claim financial damage' or to give make it 'free' for them to base their claim on his actual financial standing.

The ruling is for discovery which is a standard step that is going ahead because Jones failed to get the case thrown out. The discovery stage is partially about releasing financial documents and marketing plans, but also covers a whole host of internal communications related to the case to gather evidence that might be pertinent to a ruling, or making the case for the defendents.

We're at the start here - not a calculation about how much dough he has to cough up.

It's a shame you feel the need to jump ahead to hanging the guy - very Jones like indeed. You're one step away from telling us about gay frogs.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hey, he was half right. They aren't turning the frogs gay, they are changing their genders.

But why?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hey, he was half right. They aren't turning the frogs gay, they are changing their genders.

But why?

That's the problem with Jones - often he takes a half truth and exaggerates it to the point where he actually, in my view, destroys the actual message.. which is why I think he may even be a CIA asset.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
For a guy who the majority of rational people consider a bloviating idiot they sure are putting forth quite the concerted effort to silence and destroy him. Almost makes one think that perhaps he was (likely accidentally) right about something and struck a deep nerve.

I wonder what it was...

Conspiracy theorists used to be laughed at and dismissed. Not so much anymore it seems.

When he got banned from youtube I had a listen to his show - he said he is being sued all over the place (multiple suits ranging from this one to using an image on his website). It does seem that there is a coordinated effort to take him down.
I'd say that is more of a story than anything he said about Sandy Hook.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
As much as I can't stand Alex Jones. How can people sue for him making up a bunch of nonsense when there are tons of websites and publications devoted to publishing made up nonsense?

I mean you can buy the national inquirer and other such crap from checkout stands that have covers claiming the most outrageous ridiculous things about people and don't tell me nobody believes that #....i've heard people quote crap from there as truth.

I can't buy Alex Jones magazines at checkout stands...

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's all there in the OP UK.

It's a shame you feel the need to jump ahead to hanging the guy.

He's already being hung. He has himself to blame.

The OP isn't about me UK, put your personal issues aside.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I only have issues with your misinformation as I have pointed out.
Calling it out is important to the discussion.

As such, once again it worth poiting out that he is not already being hung. There is an ongoing case, one in which he has not been found guilty of anything. I guess he might have some issue with people spreading misinformation about a court case, the result of which could well ruin his life.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I only have issues with your misinformation

There's no misinformation UK. What you argued was missed out in the OP is right there in the quoted link.

Again, I'm not the topic here.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I only have issues with your misinformation

There's no misinformation UK. What you argued was missed out in the OP is right there in the quoted link.

Again, I'm not the topic here.

Actually here is the full text of your link:

January 11, 2019 at 9:13 PM EST - Updated January 12 at 1:20 AM HARTFORD, CT (AP) — A Connecticut judge has ruled that families of the victims killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting can review the financial documents of the conspiracy theory site InfoWars that called the shooting a hoax. Six Newtown families filed a lawsuit in April against InfoWars publisher and owner Alex Jones, accusing him of subjecting them to harassment and death threats from his followers. A judge on Friday granted the families' discovery requests, allowing them to access the website’s internal marketing and financial documents. The plaintiffs include the parents of four of the children killed at the Newtown school in 2012. Also suing are relatives of two slain educators. Jones has previously sought to dismiss the lawsuit.

It does not say what you said and in addition is only partial information that is easily added to with a simple search on the subject.

Correcting your misinformation is simply that - it's not about you.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This is not good! Who's next? David Icke? This site? Is this the first of many who go against the mainstream to be shut down?

For a few Years we have been hearing whispers that the powers that be want to take away free speech and alternative media.

Is this the begining of that?

Because you do not like Alex Jones, does not mean it's right.

How much on this site if full of so called BS fake news? Would you be happy if this site was shut down?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join