It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook families win court victory against Alex Jones, can review InfoWars financials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's been a continuous downward spiral for Alex. This latest ruling from the Sandy Hook case is sure to bite:

A Connecticut judge has ruled that families of the victims killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting can review the financial documents of the conspiracy theory site InfoWars that called the shooting a hoax.

Six Newtown families filed a lawsuit in April against InfoWars publisher and owner Alex Jones, accusing him of subjecting them to harassment and death threats from his followers. A judge on Friday granted the families' discovery requests, allowing them to access the website’s internal marketing and financial documents.

The plaintiffs include the parents of four of the children killed at the Newtown school in 2012. Also suing are relatives of two slain educators.

Jones has previously sought to dismiss the lawsuit.

Source

For those of you unfamiliar, Alex suffered a number of blows over the last two years that has severely set both him and his little conspiracy network back. The biggest blow, thus far, in my opinion was having his content either barred or significantly limited on various major social media platforms, including Youtube and Twitter. His divorce lawsuit earlier didn't help. It also didn't help with the media attention his lawyers received in arguing that he was just putting on an act on all his shows. His lawyers used that same excuse to get out of this lawsuit as well. His core fans don't seem to be bothered. It goes on.

I'm not fully by this case so I'm not 100% on the implications here. It sounds as though the Sandy Hook Lawyers are being given a pass to claim financial damage and they're free to base this on his actual financial standing. I really hope they make his accounts, transactions public. I'm really curious who his backers are. I'm fully behind the Sandy Hook families. The kind of harassment they received (and likely continue to receive) on top of suffering, the ordeal, of losing their children, it's unimaginable.

What a change. A far cry from his golden years of 9/11 and Obama's birth certificate.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Once a loser, always a loser.

Period.

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think the tone and content of your post makes you seem about as bad as Alex Jones.

edit on 12/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I have nil concern what you personally think UK. You should have gotten that message a long time ago. Moving back to topic, I'm glad you agree, Alex = bad.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Why? That OP would have sounded exactly the same coming from the majority of people.

Jones pushing the shooting was some form of sick hoax is deserving of nothing less than utter disdain. As is Jones. The fact that he himself probably doesn't believe it makes it worse.

More power to those folks, and I wish 'em well.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

My biggest issue with Sandy Hook case is still the official narrative i am still not sold by it. dont get me wrong i am not saying it was a hoax or anything like that but the whole story just doesn't add up.

Just like the Las Vegas shooting.
Its now 2019 they still haven't released all the security camera footage's from the hotel? why?

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I bet AJ cried real tears because of this.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yet the regular "press" get away with the same thing repeatedly as evidenced by many threads on ATS?
edit on 12/1/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

My biggest issue with Sandy Hook case is still the official narrative i am still not sold by it. dont get me wrong i am not saying it was a hoax or anything like that but the whole story just doesn't add up.

Ok, so you question the narrative but you're not saying it's a hoax.

Are you questioning the massacre ever happened? Are you questioning whether those families actually lost children? Or are you questioning the way in which the massacre was reported? Not convinced by the shooter? Don't get me wrong Atlas I'm not trying to cut you down, just trying to understand.

I know the media and local officials can get things wrong, or can mislead.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is a victory against free speech, and if you can't understand that then there is no helping you. If you're cheering for the censorship of anyone, including people you personally disagree with no matter how insane you think they are, you don't believe in the fundamental freedoms laid out in the Bill of Rights. For everyone pushing the silencing of others, are you 100% certain this could never be used against your "side"?

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Just so we can compare here, why isn't Maxine Waters censored from major social media websites? Why isn't Maxine Waters finances being investigated? (I think we all know why, it's rhetorical.)

Alex Jones did not tell anyone to do anything, and yet is being censored. Maxine Waters actively told people what to do, and is untouched.
edit on 12-1-2019 by AspiringSorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I know the media and local officials can get things wrong, or can mislead.

Given by your logic, are you saying that MSM and officials were right about how and what happened on 9/11? dispute still no new footage's of the attacks on that day had ever being released? expect for the one blurry footage of the gas station near the Pentagon?

Las Vegas shooting:Similar situation, earlier reported of two shooters, a crazy lady
appeared at the stage telling spectators that they were going to die?

I have seen several potholes in the official narrative for that case to, not to mention how the shooting happened.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

But do understand that this is a victory agaisnt free speech.
This is how they are trying to silence future conspiracy theorists and those who dare to question the official narratives and even go as far by investigating when MSM outlets wont even do real journalism anymore.

As for Sandy Hook think it Southern Guardian, the way they demolished the school kinda reminds how quickly TPTB demolished the alleged bin laden house in Pakistan.
Source
Source
edit on 12-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Jones is a pawn in a big game of chess

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I have nil concern what you personally think UK. You should have gotten that message a long time ago. Moving back to topic, I'm glad you agree, Alex = bad.

So anyone who is "bad" should have their freedom of speech stripped away, and punished financially, and also blame the actions of psychos not connected to the "bad" person of current interest on the "bad" person. Because it is really their fault because they are a bad person anyways.

That is a good recipe for a truly dystopian future and make no mistake, will be the seeds for your own destruction at your own hands for condoning it, which is some small consolation for everyone else who values liberty.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Given by your logic, are you saying that MSM and officials were right about how and what happened on 9/11?

That's a pretty big straw man you made there. Where did I claim complete trust and belief in the media?

My reference to 9/11 and Alex Jones was in the fact he took a jump in viewership and popularity on his own reports of that event. My stance on 9/11 as a whole? That's off topic.

have seen several potholes in the official narrative for that case to, not to mention how the shooting happened.

Yet you still haven't addressed my question to you over your questioning of Sandy Hook.
edit on 12-1-2019 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Obviously

Maybe you should correct the misinformation you posted.

edit on 12/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
For a guy who the majority of rational people consider a bloviating idiot they sure are putting forth quite the concerted effort to silence and destroy him. Almost makes one think that perhaps he was (likely accidentally) right about something and struck a deep nerve.

I wonder what it was...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

Just like the Las Vegas shooting.
Its now 2019 they still haven't released all the security camera footage's from the hotel? why?

The one dad laughing and whatnot and then stepping up to the podium immediately looking sad still rubs me the wrong way. But I guess I would grieve differently in that situation.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Jones is a pawn in a big game of chess

He might as well be considering how he represents himself and those likeminded. He does the service of the "deep state".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join