It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook families win court victory against Alex Jones, can review InfoWars financials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: WeRpeons

Outrage at a lack of respect shown should not be determinent of a legal case.
Personally I find the levels that Jones went to were distasteful, however there were elements of the event that have been discussed in several places. I think Jones should have stopped well short of criticising or implicating the parents - that was just way beyond the pale IMO. Still, the parents will have to show that Jones:

- Published or otherwise broadcast an unprivileged, false statement of fact about the plaintiff;
- Caused material harm to the plaintiff by publishing or broadcasting said false statement of fact;
- Acted either negligently or with actual malice

kellywarnerlaw.com...

Outrage is not going to cut it.

Covers everything you just said. He should have known better but As expected from such a man child he didn't think about the coming results of his actions.
So now argument won.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
DBL Post

I am SOOOO sorry users
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: sooth
For a guy who the majority of rational people consider a bloviating idiot they sure are putting forth quite the concerted effort to silence and destroy him. Almost makes one think that perhaps he was (likely accidentally) right about something and struck a deep nerve.

I wonder what it was...

Conspiracy theorists used to be laughed at and dismissed. Not so much anymore it seems.

When he got banned from youtube I had a listen to his show - he said he is being sued all over the place (multiple suits ranging from this one to using an image on his website). It does seem that there is a coordinated effort to take him down.
I'd say that is more of a story than anything he said about Sandy Hook.

The silencing of Alex Jones has absolutely nothing to do with Sandy Hook. That's just the cudgel that he handed them to beat him into silence with.

The de-platforming, de-moneitization and overall silencing are something they've been hesitant to push forward with because it would have martyred him and proved his point. But he really stepped into it with Sandy Hook. He gave them all the cover they needed to cut his throat and cast doubt on the many things he has said in the past that have turned out to be true.

There is a chance that he has become a CIA asset over the years. I don't believe he was at first but might be now.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

originally posted by: AspiringSorcerer
This is a victory against free speech, and if you can't understand that then there is no helping you. If you're cheering for the censorship of anyone, including people you personally disagree with no matter how insane you think they are, you don't believe in the fundamental freedoms laid out in the Bill of Rights. For everyone pushing the silencing of others, are you 100% certain this could never be used against your "side"?

No one took away his free speech. Free speech got him into this. They just made him responsible for his actions. Now what group of folks is always harping on about being responsible for actions....Little help?

What actions?

He has no control over what people do. Would you be in favor of CNN being sued for their inflammatory rhetoric that resulted in Scalise being shot? Or for Rand Paul being attacked by a crazed Democrat?

Alex Jones never made anyone do anything and it is very,very dangerous to head down thos path. Any that can't see that are obviously people that are too blinded by partisan hate and can't be reasoned with.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: UKTruth

Why? That OP would have sounded exactly the same coming from the majority of people.

Jones pushing the shooting was some form of sick hoax is deserving of nothing less than utter disdain. As is Jones. The fact that he himself probably doesn't believe it makes it worse.

More power to those folks, and I wish 'em well.

Wasn't there some big posts here on ATS about crisis actors in both Sandy Hook and Boston bombing? Some judge deciding what to censor is concerning just as is all the media outlets doing the same, I do not even listen to AJ and it seems this last year or so the thought police is gaining strength.

Boston bombing is a complete hoax.

Oh it happened all right, not disputing that at all. But the official story is complete nonsense. Just like Vegas.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Another case when offended people have the power to punish those who said words.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Oh it happened all right, not disputing that at all. But the official story is complete nonsense. Just like Vegas.

You can not have those kind of thought now... I'm not going to debate you on all of it, but I tend to run with the the simple straight answer is typically the correct one. Once you get away from that we are talking wide range of possibilities and extreme levels of what ifs that it basically takes these conspiracies down path that are basically out of control that just keep spiraling down different paths.

BUT it is now almost illegal for you to have those thoughts, and that is what is concerning to me. The funny part what is driving is everyone down extreme paths are logarithms, and no one have a clue... and once people figure that out we will be in a better place, but it will never happen.
edit on 12-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Speculating, conspiracy theorizing will become illegal because; feelings.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
a reply to: AtlasHawk

This is how they are trying to silence future conspiracy theorists and those who dare to question the official narratives and even go as far by investigating when MSM outlets wont even do real journalism anymore.

NO, this is how irresponsible speech that causes anguish to the parents of murdered children is handled in the United States per the constitution. These were not public figures, and their lives, and their dead children were used by a self-proclaimed entertainer to sell snake oil on his web site.

I bet he has broadcasted a lot of potentially damaging claims against business, political, and private persons.

You cant blame him for getting involved in political mud-slinging, but any person should surely have moral rights to damages.

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: UKTruth

Why? That OP would have sounded exactly the same coming from the majority of people.

Jones pushing the shooting was some form of sick hoax is deserving of nothing less than utter disdain. As is Jones. The fact that he himself probably doesn't believe it makes it worse.

More power to those folks, and I wish 'em well.

Wasn't there some big posts here on ATS about crisis actors in both Sandy Hook and Boston bombing? Some judge deciding what to censor is concerning just as is all the media outlets doing the same, I do not even listen to AJ and it seems this last year or so the thought police is gaining strength.

I dont necessarily agree with you, but anyone that broadcasts false statements about those events better watch out

posted on Jan, 12 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think they went after Jones for the same reason they took on the gun companies - money. More like the actions of greedy lawyers than grieving parents imo.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The media and now judges can completly wipe someone out completely. Kinda alarming

He says some crazy stuff but I for sure dont agree with shutting him down and censoring him completely. What happens if they keep censoring and destroying others they don't like?
edit on 13-1-2019 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
A part of this is they are saying that families were threatened by AJ supporters and that seems like a nice path to sue or have a judge say his words are like screaming "fire" in a theater. Does anyone actually know of a case where a family was threatened?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AspiringSorcerer
This is a victory against free speech, and if you can't understand that then there is no helping you. If you're cheering for the censorship of anyone, including people you personally disagree with no matter how insane you think they are, you don't believe in the fundamental freedoms laid out in the Bill of Rights. For everyone pushing the silencing of others, are you 100% certain this could never be used against your "side"?

This is free speech in action.

Jones is free to broadcast whatever he wants. The victims of his broadcast are free to step up and say "you are a filthy liar and you can't prove that and I'm suing you for slander."

He was free to try the "it's just entertainment" trope.

The law was free to say "And a ruling of slander against you is entertaining as well. Pay up."

Free speech doesn't mean "no consequences."

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The media and now judges can completly wipe someone out completely. Kinda alarming

He says some crazy stuff but I for sure dont agree with shutting him down and censoring him completely. What happens if they keep censoring and destroying others they don't like?

Nobody's stopping him.

It's a case of slander. He can say whatever he likes and broadcast it to his audience.

But if he lies about someone on the air, then that person (no matter what his audience does) can sue Jones for slander and defamation of character. Then it's up to Jones to prove that his story is true.

If Jones can't prove it, then the court will rule that he did slander the other person and will award damages.... just like they would in every other case.

Nobody's stopping him.

He also lost a defamation lawsuit brought by Chobani Yoghurt company in 2017

There's a lawsuit in progress over his comments about Charlottesville, and he's had to walk back his "Comet Pizzaria was a hotbed of child prostitution" theory (again, defamation suit, which he lost and tried to brush it off as "it was entertainment, not the news."

He's free to continue airing any conspiracy idea he likes. The people he's pointing fingers at are free to say "prove it" and bring a lawsuit for defamation.

edit on 13-1-2019 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Actors?

I thought it was interdimensional space demons?

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's alright, it's only AJ. Except it's not. It's a warning shot for everyone.

Best watch our tongues.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Not sure its a victory against free speech, as we are all still discussing the issue freely, there is no mass closing down of the topic on ATS everything is as free as ever, he has been removed from certain privatly owned platforms, he still has his own website which is freely available, with headings above the videos of "latest banned videos", yet i can play them freely.

Alex likes to play the martyr to drive clicks and views, IMO

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
no he hasn't been sued successfully, yet...
it sounds like it's still in the discovery stage.
oh poor, alex, has to turn over some records, some communications...
lol....
laugh like heck if some of it ends up floating across mueller's desk because of russian connections!!!

and, I am sorry, but I don't believe that "free speech" should give anyone the right to whip their listeners up in such a frenzy that they are sending hate mail, death threats, and harassing the parents of dead children where they have had to move to new towns every year or two because of the harassment!!!

edit on 13-1-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

The argument takes place in court.
Let's hope the legal system doesn't turn into a you tube video and conclusion by one person.
That would be rather dumb.
Thanks for the video though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join