It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Grambler[/post]

originally posted by: [post]bknapple32[/post]

originally posted by: [post]carewemust[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Gargoyle91[/post]
Not sure what he thinks he's going to accomplish by building the wall , They will find a way under, over or through it , It's going to end up a patch work mess from all the holes cut into it .

Most illegal immigrants, drugs, and human trafficking occurs where there is no wall.

The vast majority of Americans don't realize that there's already over 560 miles of physical barriers on the border.

As Homeland Security pointed out in last week's briefing, Most criminals access the U.S. where those barriers do not exist.

Im curious since you portray to know every fact possible.....

How do these drugs get across the border? Specifically

How do the victims of human trafficking get across the border? Specifically

I of course ask these two questions- already knowing the answer backed up from statistics from TRUMPS own govt. SO please..... do tell

Ill answer!

I believe its legal ports of entry.

Drugs for example predominantly come from china, who send most thru ports, but some thru mexico to come up.

I believe human trafficing is the same (not necessarily china as the culprit, but the same routes) though I dont know that I have read the sgtats on that.

I know this wasnt addressed to me, but my question is should we have no physical barrier then since it cant stop the majority of these things?

My feeling is the wall will be effective and is a start, but other things need to be done to solve all ofbthe problems with these sorts of things.

I know you know the answer, silly goose.....

But yes- you makehalf my point- to the other half and to answer your question.... Im asking the person who posted these issues- because its painfully obvious certain members here will regurgitate talking points on the left and the right. And frankly, Im getting sick of it.

I dont want a wall- you do. You and I can have a rational debate about it. I understand, thus, where youre coming from. I guess my gripe is- people who look at this issue so black and white and bring up DEMS DEMS DEMS ... arent contributing to the discourse. Id listen to wall arguments when made in a rational way. Insinuating that the problems of drugs and human trafficking will in some way be affected positively by a wall is ludicrous when one knows the origin points.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
a reply to: Gargoyle91

A large heavy duty wall will cut down on the casual crossers. There will be ways around it but a wall will make it an expensive proposition. Especially if it's maintained and detection systems are integrated into it. Essentially all the riff-raff will have to go through a port of entry.

Combine this with mandatory Social Security number verification on employment and it will get uncomfortable being an illegal in the US.

Now it's true that illegals do much of the nasty work that Americans won't touch anymore but that can be solved with a guest worker program.

Those jobs could be filled by high school kids or kids that drop out of school. I worked on a ranch from 15 to 17 during the Summer, my best friend worked in a watermelon patch every Summer until he graduated and went to the military. That's what kids used to do. Take their social media and video games away and let them work these jobs. They'll appreciate the money from it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Did anyone realize that Trump's address is only going to be 8 minutes long?

Wonder what he's going to say that can be stated in just 8 minutes.

Maybe he's just giving out the White House address.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]Gargoyle91[/post]
Not sure what he thinks he's going to accomplish by building the wall , They will find a way under, over or through it , It's going to end up a patch work mess from all the holes cut into it .

Most illegal immigrants, drugs, and human trafficking occurs where there is no wall.

The vast majority of Americans don't realize that there's already over 560 miles of physical barriers on the border.

As Homeland Security pointed out in last week's briefing, Most criminals access the U.S. where those barriers do not exist.

Im curious since you portray to know every fact possible.....

How do these drugs get across the border? Specifically

How do the victims of human trafficking get across the border? Specifically

I of course ask these two questions- already knowing the answer backed up from statistics from TRUMPS own govt. SO please..... do tell

Ill answer!

I believe its legal ports of entry.

Drugs for example predominantly come from china, who send most thru ports, but some thru mexico to come up.

I believe human trafficing is the same (not necessarily china as the culprit, but the same routes) though I dont know that I have read the sgtats on that.

I know this wasnt addressed to me, but my question is should we have no physical barrier then since it cant stop the majority of these things?

My feeling is the wall will be effective and is a start, but other things need to be done to solve all ofbthe problems with these sorts of things.

A wall would be effective for stopping people. Of course, there will be instances of those who figure a way across, but a wall would stop the majority.

Comparing a wall to stop illegal immigration to the drug trade isn't even a logical comparison. Smuggling an inanimate object that can be small in size isn't even remotely an apples to apples comparison.

Of course, a drug cartel will try using a boat, sub, drones, or anything to get their product in. However, the odds of a poor immigrant with kids in tow is not just going to be like, oh gee, there is a wall, let's walk another several hundred miles and then swim the ocean...

Even if a tunnel is dug, the flow that the tunnel could let through is pretty low relative to just being able to walk across the Rio Grande.

If this is the level of debate, then Democrats are already an idiocracy.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Well we know it won't be about him, that would be like a 3 hour speech.

edit on 7-1-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: rickymouse

The republicans have been wanting it their way for a long time.

I guess you can say that the dems have finally started to follow their tactics.

If dems followed the tactics of Republicans, they would act like adults and do their talking at the polls.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
From this 2019 scotus photo it looks like we could have another big problem on our hands.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well we know it won't be about him, that would be like a 3 hour speech.

Do you think he'll mention my name?

I sent him that jam set for Christmas, it had mustards and summer sausage in it as well.

I sprang for the pricey one.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
From this 2019 scotus photo it looks like we could have another big problem on our hands.

mobile.twitter.com...

Fingers crossed.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Do you think he'll mention my name?

I sent him that jam set for Christmas, it had mustards and summer sausage in it as well.

I sprang for the pricey one.

"I'd like to mention my friend, Heels, my very good friend. He has the best shoes, patent leather, high quality. Sent me a fantastic, fantastic gift, the very best gift. I ate it between stops at McDonalds. I may pardon him for that thing he did to that guy in Las Vegas, totally not true, he's innocent."

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
IMO, FWIW, the Democrats are colluding with foreigners to affect our elections.

They NEED thousand more people to poor into our country, and placed in certain districts (sanctuary cities?)

Illegals are not supposed to vote but, they ARE counted for inclusion in the numbers for House representatives per state. Democrats need the illegals for the 2020 Census count. Lots of them.

That is why they are so against Border Security. They were all for it in words only because they knew Obama would never seriously consider actually really securing it. Now that we have a president that can get it done, on time and under budget, they are in a PANIC in DC.

That's also why they're against voter ID laws and want to step all over the Constitution, that they swore to uphold, and get rid of the electoral vote. How people are too blind to see this is beyond me. I guess since they think it'll go their way they're ok with it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Hey everyone, just got wind that the announcement also has something to do with this.

HHHHHHHHHYESSS!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

mobile.twitter.com...

the photo is fake and you know it. It was addressed in the Q thread. But far be it from you to note that and not spread it here. Of course you post it again.

The photo is a lie- like a lot of your talking points

Some of you rooting for RBG death is as disgusting as the sandy hook days- no doubt theres a common factor on those peddling it here.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Breakthestreak[/post]

mobile.twitter.com...

Fingers crossed.

fingers crossed for what?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
The wall is a ridiculous waste of money and time.
I can't believe we are even arguing about it.
I'm sure Trump will call a national emergency and make "something" happen.
I can say for sure though that if they built it using copper piping, it would be gone the next day.

So are you suggesting 10,000s will come by boats? This last convoy of about 7,000 how many had boats in the back packs, how many of the 40,000 in a month have a boat waiting for them.

They also charge $5,000 per for a boat trip and that alone eliminates about 95%+ of those who want to come here illegally.

The drones I work with are used by the coast guard now and 1 drone can scan 1,000 sq miles of ocean in an hour and find a coke can, so a boat better go a long way out and a long way up our coast and now we are talking a much bigger boat needed.

Its not just a wall, but many things while a wall as being a good solid foundation to everything else, just like a locked door is a good foundation to all the other things a house has as security.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
The wall is a ridiculous waste of money and time.
I can't believe we are even arguing about it.
I'm sure Trump will call a national emergency and make "something" happen.
I can say for sure though that if they built it using copper piping, it would be gone the next day.

Ho do you figure those are vulnerable spots in the wall at the border of the US and Mexico? Maybe you still don't get that the wall is strictly meant to keep illegals from crossing from Mexico into the US over the border. It has absolutely nothing to do with crossing the Gulf or Oceans to get into America.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Maybe you still don't get that the wall is strictly meant to keep illegals from crossing from Mexico into the US over the border. It has absolutely nothing to do with crossing the Gulf or Oceans to get into America.

That's not the unified message coming out of the White House, Sarah Sanders says it is also to stop drugs and terrorists which the majority of come in by sea for the former and completely by air for the latter.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

mobile.twitter.com...

Some of you rooting for RBG death is as disgusting as the sandy hook days- no doubt theres a common factor on those peddling it here.

I dislike Ginsberg's rulings.

I hope to never find the day when something like that causes me to root for a persons death.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's also why they're against voter ID laws and want to step all over the Constitution, that they swore to uphold, and get rid of the electoral vote. How people are too blind to see this is beyond me. I guess since they think it'll go their way they're ok with it.

All you need is 65 million popular votes to win an election. Lets say we have 10 million illegals that end up voting and we add CA 24 million registered voters to the mix we are talking 1/2 way there with easy wins every time lol.

edit on 7-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Too bad the emergency and crisis was about families being separated and not terrorists and criminals huh? And still other stories were about trumps conflated view of his own made crisis.
Too bad illegal entries are down significantly... People are actually afraid of trumps laws... and if it wasn't a national emergency when the numbers were higher it certainly is not now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join