It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
www.msn.com... =U348DHP

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Anyone who exclsuively blames one side in this is fooling themselves.

Sure, Trump could end it now by caving to everything the dems want.

And the dems could end it by caving in to all of trumps wants.

But for you, its just trumps fault.

Meanwhile Trump is at least saying he is willing to negotiate, Pelosi is saying that the wall (and I guess any physical barrier) is immoral, and not one dollar should be goven for it.

So she basically is saying trump is immoral and wont negotiate with him.

So again, both sides could end this if they give in, and even though I think the dems are more to blame seing as how pelosi isnt just saying Trump is wrong, she is saying he is immoral, I recognize that it takes two to tango.

Oh, and complaining about stars and flags is trivial and diminshes the rest of your post.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]carewemust[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Gargoyle91[/post]
Not sure what he thinks he's going to accomplish by building the wall , They will find a way under, over or through it , It's going to end up a patch work mess from all the holes cut into it .

Most illegal immigrants, drugs, and human trafficking occurs where there is no wall.

The vast majority of Americans don't realize that there's already over 560 miles of physical barriers on the border.

As Homeland Security pointed out in last week's briefing, Most criminals access the U.S. where those barriers do not exist.

Im curious since you portray to know every fact possible.....

How do these drugs get across the border? Specifically

How do the victims of human trafficking get across the border? Specifically

I of course ask these two questions- already knowing the answer backed up from statistics from TRUMPS own govt. SO please..... do tell

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

That's pretty funny.

On one hand they would give up their top dollar contributor.

On the other, they could then report for weeks/months exactly what they 'heard' instead of what the guy actually said.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
"These threads are a giant circle jerk with the OP as the pivot man....waiting to get his reward.... stars and flags in this case"...

oh how dare you break up the game...

Yes, you nailed it... S's & F's

So did that poster start a circle jerk so that people like you would give stars and flags as well?

It couldnt be the OP just wanted to inform people about the address tonight, and have a discussion on it?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It couldnt be the OP just wanted to inform people about the address tonight, and have a discussion on it?

*Tuesday night*

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Not sure what he thinks he's going to accomplish by building the wall , They will find a way under, over or through it , It's going to end up a patch work mess from all the holes cut into it .

Say you walk into your house and you look around. You see openings everywhere in your house where there are no walls, just frame. Your nice big house backs up to an impoverished neighborhood. You hire a contractor to put walls on every empty frame in your house. This is meant to keep your family safe and keep intruders out. But you still know, in the back of your mind, that if an intruder wants in bad enough, he'll sneak through a window, maybe find a way under the house cut his way through your floor while you're away.

You may not know how to keep him from coming through your floor from below, or from sneaking in through a window, but you rest easy knowing that at least you have walls around your house and if an intruder comes around, he can't come through your open frame anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
will this be an off the cuff speech or telaprompter trump?

please, please let it be off the cuff - i'd even watch for that!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OH HERE WE GO...

lol

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I hope he tells us that Mexico has said "the check is in the mail". I think the odds are a bit low though.

Mexico has declared war with America so we will need to build the wall...

link   

"Nailed it...!"

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]carewemust[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Gargoyle91[/post]

Most illegal immigrants, drugs, and human trafficking occurs where there is no wall.

The vast majority of Americans don't realize that there's already over 560 miles of physical barriers on the border.

As Homeland Security pointed out in last week's briefing, Most criminals access the U.S. where those barriers do not exist.

Im curious since you portray to know every fact possible.....

How do these drugs get across the border? Specifically

How do the victims of human trafficking get across the border? Specifically

I of course ask these two questions- already knowing the answer backed up from statistics from TRUMPS own govt. SO please..... do tell

Ill answer!

I believe its legal ports of entry.

Drugs for example predominantly come from china, who send most thru ports, but some thru mexico to come up.

I believe human trafficing is the same (not necessarily china as the culprit, but the same routes) though I dont know that I have read the sgtats on that.

I know this wasnt addressed to me, but my question is should we have no physical barrier then since it cant stop the majority of these things?

My feeling is the wall will be effective and is a start, but other things need to be done to solve all ofbthe problems with these sorts of things.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Because the Dems are being so stubborn and will not compromise one bit, this is a national emergency. I have never seen either political party being as stubborn as the Dems have been the last couple of years, they are comperomised mentally because Trump won the election, they just need to find a good candidate next time and quit this crap that is hurting American citizens. Who is acting more childish, Trump or the Democratic party...hands down, the Democratic party wins, their actions are worse than Trumps actions.

At least they finally won something then. LOLOLOL!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You may not know how to keep him from coming through your floor from below, or from sneaking in through a window, but you rest easy knowing that at least you have walls around your house and if an intruder comes around, he can't come through your open frame anymore.

Its all just a numbers game. With nothing 100% can come in if they choose. As you add levels of security less and less of them will choose to come in. With my house the doors are locked, I have an alarm system, a dog, neighborhood watch, Cops, gun owner... With all that how much of that 100% is still willing to come in? I bet 99.99999% are not.

With the border, a wall will limit a good percentage and make it easier to track those that try and track those that actually get across. Instead of housing 10,000s as they wait for their 6 months from now court date you house 100s.

Reducing the numbers of illegals in America reduces the strain we all feel from it, this also reduces the 100 billion yearly cost by a good deal too.

edit on 7-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
The wall is a ridiculous waste of money and time.
I can't believe we are even arguing about it.
I'm sure Trump will call a national emergency and make "something" happen.
I can say for sure though that if they built it using copper piping, it would be gone the next day.

That is such a silly meme and the fact you think it is someone how being smart / funny reflects on your own intelligence.

1) The wall will not reduce illegal immigration to zero. No one has claimed that it would. However, a wall/fence/etc will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce border crossings.

2) Oceans are a natural border. Yes, some people may try, but the ocean kind of acts like border as obviously trying to swim across an ocean is a bit more difficult than WALKING. I mean, are you really this slow?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Coudnt they just use El Chappo’s drug money ?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The majority of drugs appear to travel by land, with 59% of total drugs seized attributed to Border Patrol efforts in the U.S. and abroad. Over the years these efforts have forced smugglers to turn to maritime routes to move illicit drugs around the globe. While seizures by U.S. Coast Guard, DEA and naval operations of other countries only account for 8% of the total number of seizures, those seizures make up more than 30% of total quantities seized. This indicates larger volumes are being moved by watercraft and container vessels. Smugglers also utilize other methods to move illicit drugs across borders, including buying old aircraft such as private jets or attempting to move product through commercial airlines by way of bodypacking or through drug mules forced into service. Authorities manage to halt many of these attempts, making up 46% of total drug seizures. However, smugglers are limited in the amount of drugs they can transport with these methods, contributing just 6% of the total amounts seized.

source

After the government built fences in San Diego, drug smugglers turned to the ocean, underground tunnels and, most commonly, the ports of entry. Last year more than 90 percent of the drug seizures happened in the port of entry, where millions of cars drive into San Diego from Mexico every year.

Cartels “operate like a business,” Shaw says. “If you put up one wall, they find a way to get around it.”

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Say you walk into your house and you look around. You see openings everywhere in your house where there are no walls, just frame. Your nice big house backs up to an impoverished neighborhood. You hire a contractor to put walls on every empty frame in your house. This is meant to keep your family safe and keep intruders out. But you still know, in the back of your mind, that if an intruder wants in bad enough, he'll sneak through a window, maybe find a way under the house cut his way through your floor while you're away.

Well I guess the analogy might be a little better if it were about your yard, but then again who wants that much to get into YOUR yard? Clearly it just does not work!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: ntech

All I know if it wasn't for the illegals I would have never been able to afford the construction on my house It was either hire them directly or hire the contractor with all the license who would in turn hire the Illegals but charge me more .

I don't blame you for trying to save money, but think about what you are saying here. You are supporting illegal workers to save a few bucks, and causing less work for legal workers, who have to pay for insurance and taxes. So you ARE the problem here, a large part of it.

Sorry to call you out like this, but you said it, not me.

A company that didn't hire illegals would go out of business because they couldn't compete on price which is all the end consumer cares about. I know someone who used to own a cleaning business and he didn't hire illegals. He eventually had to close up shop because he couldn't compete (at least legally).

This exact thing happen to me, lost home too. I've never recovered from it financially. I don't think most people understand what it's like trying to run even a semi profitable business in a sanctuary state or city. It's dang near impossible especially when the market you're in is flooded with illegals. The illegals in turn start their own "illegal" businesses and basically take over the trades this way. When they get caught it's not a big deal because they're not in the system as I am. I get the book thrown at me IRS, state, etc, while they turn right around, change business name and poof their back in business, tax free. Sounds fair to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Did anyone realize that Trump's address is only going to be 8 minutes long?

Wonder what he's going to say that can be stated in just 8 minutes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join