It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Monday, January 7, 2019

President Trump just announced:

I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern.

Source: twitter.com...

What will be the big announcement? Most feel that President Trump will Declare a National Emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border.

All Summer and Fall the liberal media ran headlines and specials entitled: "Crisis on the border!"..."Emergency at the border!".

Played right into President Trumps hands!

LIVE LINK TO BROADCAST: www.whitehouse.gov...

-CareWeMust
edit on 1/7/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

if he does, and he finds a way to fund the wall without congress, I wonder if the shutdown would just end? That would remove the only stumbling block, and would seem like a win, win for everyone. Sure the leftovers would cry, but they were going to do that anyhow.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yeah there is rumors that he is going to admit, he is trolling America.. apparently it was one of his bucket lists.

(post by TheJesuit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This should be interesting , I guess there's only one reason he'd make a National Security announcement.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I hope he tells us that Mexico has said "the check is in the mail". I think the odds are a bit low though.

link   
a reply to: Pandaram

+6 more 
link   
If he does this and it works his support is going to go through the roof

Especially key battleground states like PA

link   

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It was just mentioned on FoxNews that the President wants to re-open the government before the next Federal Payday, which is this Friday January 11th.

No need to make employees and contractors suffer because Democrats refuse to increase security of U.S. citizens.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Post removed by staff.

I also heard about the announcement earlier today, but there was no proof I could link to, which is an ATS requirement.
edit on Mon Jan 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Not sure what he thinks he's going to accomplish by building the wall , They will find a way under, over or through it , It's going to end up a patch work mess from all the holes cut into it .

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Because the Dems are being so stubborn and will not compromise one bit, this is a national emergency. I have never seen either political party being as stubborn as the Dems have been the last couple of years, they are comperomised mentally because Trump won the election, they just need to find a good candidate next time and quit this crap that is hurting American citizens. Who is acting more childish, Trump or the Democratic party...hands down, the Democratic party wins, their actions are worse than Trumps actions.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

This should be interesting , I guess there's only one reason he'd make a National Security announcement.

Even though ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN market-share is minimal, they initially balked at giving the White House any air time, according to White House correspondent John Roberts (FoxNews).

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Me thinks you need to pay better attention!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

. . . . and so it begins!

+9 more 
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Not sure what he thinks he's going to accomplish by building the wall , They will find a way under, over or through it , It's going to end up a patch work mess from all the holes cut into it .

Most illegal immigrants, drugs, and human trafficking occurs where there is no wall.

The vast majority of Americans don't realize that there's already over 560 miles of physical barriers on the border.

As Homeland Security pointed out in last week's briefing, Most criminals access the U.S. where those barriers do not exist.

link   
A national emergency that has been going on for 30 years or more.

If the country quit this world wide warring and policing we could build a couple of walls. The military has become our wall.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If he declares a national emergency, I will like him even less. That is a complete dictator move.

I do hope the government opens up as soon as possible though.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Perhaps, but until we have it, we really don't know. What we do know if the Border Patrol thinks it's a good idea and they spend a bit more time there than most of us.

When I found out it wasn't just a giant wall, but a combination of different technologies and barriers, it sure made sense to me, but not being in the morally elevated and educated group, I can only imagine.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join