It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

if there's a true national emergency would building a wall be a prudent first step?

how long will it take?

being an emergency and all...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]LSU2018[/post]

originally posted by: [post]tinner07[/post]
[....snip....]But lets blame the Democrats right???

[....snip....]

Right! Because all they have to do is sign for the funding of this wall and everything is good.

All dems have to do is do what we republicans tell them and everything is good*****

Fixed it to say what you meant.

You had your chance for 8 years and almost destroyed the country. Now it's our turn to fix it. Personally, I couldn't care less what you do, this wall is most likely going up regardless.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

there is no national emergency..... whats the emergency? Fewer people than ever are coming over the border.
The president is offering inflated or even made up numbers which the supreme court is going to find laughable.

At least you admitted that fewer than ever are coming over. Just imagine how much less will come over with a wall there.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

a reply to: [post]LSU2018[/post]

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Thats what some of you are rooting for... lol

Ok. Thanks for letting me know what everyone is thinking, even if nobody mentioned it but you.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: LSU2018

Exactly. That's why the left is so afraid of a wall. Far less illegals to house and push to the polls.

Not having a large number of illegals with children in many cases these days would assure our systems are not overwhelmed and so the left would have very little to complain about and they need ammo for 2020.

They'll always find something to complain about. Whether it's something they've never supported and we propose it, or something they've always supported and we propose it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Exactly. That's why the left is so afraid of a wall. Far less illegals to house and push to the polls.

Not having a large number of illegals with children in many cases these days would assure our systems are not overwhelmed and so the left would have very little to complain about and they need ammo for 2020.

They'll always find something to complain about. Whether it's something they've never supported and we propose it, or something they've always supported and we propose it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Sillyolme[/post]
a reply to: [post]rickymouse[/post]

there is no national emergency..... whats the emergency? Fewer people than ever are coming over the border.
The president is offering inflated or even made up numbers which the supreme court is going to find laughable.

At least you admitted that fewer than ever are coming over. Just imagine how much less will come over with a wall there.

At least you admit knowing this fact.

Which is odd considering the post above you said the past 8 years almost ruined the country... You do realize the downward trend on illegal immigration started BEFORE Trump was in office right?

right?? its tough to debate facts when its not an echo chamber, huh?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Xtrozero[/post]

That's also why they're against voter ID laws and want to step all over the Constitution, that they swore to uphold, and get rid of the electoral vote. How people are too blind to see this is beyond me. I guess since they think it'll go their way they're ok with it.

All you need is 65 million popular votes to win an election. Lets say we have 10 million illegals that end up voting and we add CA 24 million registered voters to the mix we are talking 1/2 way there with easy wins every time lol.

Yep, and that's why they want this. No care or concern about becoming a third world country. They'll worry about that later.

What if 100 million illegals vote?!!??! OMG ZIONKKKKKK

Nowhere on planet earth, are 10 million illegal residents voting in a national election. The paranoia you all concoct to validate your talking points is becoming sad.

Without ultra blue CA, Trump wins the popular vote. That's why the EC is so important, nobody outside of CA wants CA deciding who the president is because they always elect radicals.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]bknapple32[/post]

originally posted by: [post]Xtrozero[/post]

That's also why they're against voter ID laws and want to step all over the Constitution, that they swore to uphold, and get rid of the electoral vote. How people are too blind to see this is beyond me. I guess since they think it'll go their way they're ok with it.

All you need is 65 million popular votes to win an election. Lets say we have 10 million illegals that end up voting and we add CA 24 million registered voters to the mix we are talking 1/2 way there with easy wins every time lol.

Yep, and that's why they want this. No care or concern about becoming a third world country. They'll worry about that later.

What if 100 million illegals vote?!!??! OMG ZIONKKKKKK

Nowhere on planet earth, are 10 million illegal residents voting in a national election. The paranoia you all concoct to validate your talking points is becoming sad.

Without ultra blue CA, Trump wins the popular vote. That's why the EC is so important, nobody outside of CA wants CA deciding who the president is because they always elect radicals.

Without one of the 50 states of our union, Trump wins the popular vote***

Fixed it again for you.

He didnt win the popular vote and this fact is a tough one to understand I guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Excellent.

With Trump all the way.

...too bad this only adds to our existing ~30-something States of Emergency

But will at least pave the way for Trump to take decisive action and sidestep the broken/criminally inept congress.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Grambler

if there's a true national emergency would building a wall be a prudent first step?

how long will it take?

being an emergency and all...

Well personally, although I think border security and illegal immigration is a huge deal, I do not want Trump to use emergency authority to fund the wall.

My feeling is that this power should be reserved for something like a burtal natural disaster, or an armed invasion or insureection, etc.

In other words, short term massive pproblems, not long drawn out problems like border security (which is a huge problem)

So even though I want the wall and the gov shutdown to end, I dont want it to go like this.

Because if trump can do this, then the next President can just declare emergencies when they feel like it and spend what they want.

There is already too much executive power, I dont want more.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

The republicans have been wanting it their way for a long time.

I guess you can say that the dems have finally started to follow their tactics.

I disagreed with the Republicans using these type tactics on Obama for Obamacare. I knew we needed a better healthcare system that was not based on overprofiting of healthcare and pharmaceuticals, but in the end, Obamacare actually increased healthcare costs and the treatments did not get much better. It wound up that Obamacare actually decreased the quality of life of the patients. So now, I am against Obamacare and would like to see socialized medicine that actually works to help people instead of increasing profits of the healthcare system. I guess the Republicans were right and Obamacare as a transition to socialized medicine was not a good idea.

But I backed Obama on some of the good things he tried to do, even though Obamacare was a failure he did try to initially help the people but in the end, his being president actually stirred up a lot of unnecessary chaos between the races here. The last things that Obama pushed through before he was done makes me think of him as one of the worst of presidents we had, I am ashamed that I voted for him now. But, he was way better than Hillary would have been.

Is it that hard to find good presidential candidates here in America?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

f it can keep at least one dealer from crossing the border, it will be satisfactory.

I have a much larger ROI requirement for my tax dollars than that.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

most illegal immigrants come in by plane with a legal visa and then just dont leave.... Most anyway... I guess a few slip over illegally but most do not.... just throwing some truth into this thread...

Dont start throwing facts at them... This is their circle jerk... where they can can all come in with their one liners and star and flag the OP...

Honestly you could rename this site DTS....

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]tinner07[/post]
[....snip....]But lets blame the Democrats right???

[....snip....]

Right! Because all they have to do is sign for the funding of this wall and everything is good.

All dems have to do is do what we republicans tell them and everything is good*****

Fixed it to say what you meant.

Even better.....

All dems have to do is do what we the people tell them to do and everything is good

Makes more sense

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: Sillyolme

most illegal immigrants come in by plane with a legal visa and then just dont leave.... Most anyway... I guess a few slip over illegally but most do not.... just throwing some truth into this thread...

Dont start throwing facts at them... This is their circle jerk... where they can can all come in with their one liners and star and flag the OP...

Honestly you could rename this site DTS....

Even left leaning politifact disagrees with you.

She said a 2017 study by the Center for Migration Studies, a nonpartisan think tank, is more helpful.

That report estimated visa overstays in 2014 accounted for 42 percent of the total undocumented population, or about 4.5 million people. It also projected that overstays made up about two-thirds of the total number of people who became unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. that year.

www.politifact.com...

But hey, you threw out insults and the term circle jerk, so you must be right!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What reality do you live in. My son-in law is from Guatamala and originally came from LA. He told me that people are constantly sneeking over the border, they always have. His cousin got deported twice and was back in less than a month both times.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

Boy look how far we've come........ have there been any fatalities on ATS yet ? Any winners? We will know in 27 hours

edit on 7-1-2019 by Plotus because:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
His timing will interrupt the show FBI and not SEAL Team had it been Wednesday, so there is that subtle dig at his other enemies...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: tinner07
"These threads are a giant circle jerk with the OP as the pivot man....waiting to get his reward.... stars and flags in this case"...

oh how dare you break up the game...

Yes, you nailed it... S's & F's

So did that poster start a circle jerk so that people like you would give stars and flags as well?

It couldnt be the OP just wanted to inform people about the address tonight, and have a discussion on it?

Se my above post...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join